OakiiDoakie

Dedicated Member
ELITE
OakiiDoakie
OakiiDoakie
ELITE
Ratings
112 11
Hey, over 75% off the applications get declined because they don’t have 20 or more posts ( I was 1 of them ).
So I think we should fix people canoapply if they don’t have 20 or more posts. It should just say: you doesn’t meet the requirement 20+ posts.

That’s all I had for now, thanks :)

Jelly

Dedicated Member
PATRON
IceJellyIce
IceJellyIce
Patron
Ratings
110 1
I’m sure not all of them were denied solely because of the 20 forum post, might have been some other factors that lead to their rejection. There have been staff members who did not meet the 20 forum post requirement who got accepted. Despite saying that, I am NOT saying that meeting the 20 forum post requirement is not important. As a staff member, you will need to be able to know how to respond to appeals/player reports which is why 20 forum posts is part of the requirements.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
Hey, over 75% off the applications get declined because they don’t have 20 or more posts ( I was 1 of them ).
So I think we should fix people canoapply if they don’t have 20 or more posts. It should just say: you doesn’t meet the requirement 20+ posts.

That’s all I had for now, thanks :)
The requirements are there for you to check, if you really wish to be staff you should check them out yourself without having to be told them. (Just my opinion). Like @IceJellyIce said, there are other factors that can impact the acceptance/rejection of applications, however having at least 20 forum posts are important, as you're responsible for what goes on, not just in-game, but on the forums, and the discord server.

locoMoose

Ratings
The reason for the post count (at least what I think it is) is to get a better image of what type of person this is. You can get a better understanding of an individual by what the person says and sees how they're contributing to the conversation. Are they just getting their post count up because they have to? Or are they genuinely wanting to contribute to the conversation? The 20 post count isn't hard to do in my opinion. I feel as if it should stay.

Yorgito

MVP
Yorgito
Yorgito
MVP
Ratings
13 1
The whole point of being staff is to monitor in-game while you're playing as well as be known in the community out of it. Sole purpose of the 20+ on the forums is so that the staff know that you're active and liked in the community, as well as seeing how your input ranks on whether or not your posts are sorta "common knowledge" to "Wow this kid knows what he's talking about". This also applies to the Discord server as well. Being staff on ManaCube isn't just the in-game title and commands - it's the basic and common fundamentals to helping people with questions, answering appeals, being understanding but not gullible, and keeping a fun and non-toxic environment to everyone on by managing trolls. So in turn, the 20+ forum posts is 100% legitimate for your own impact on the server and the community.

LiterallyJack

ELITE
LiterallyJack
LiterallyJack
ELITE
Ratings
41 3
The reason they ask for 20+ messages on here and being active on Discord is to see if you are active and engaging with the community. They also check from the way you message and the helpfulness you are within each message.

I believe if you check posts, and comment nicely and engaging. It shouldn't take long to get up to 20+ messages. The same for becoming active on discord.