Reviewing MrDirtzYT - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Selfoccate, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selfoccate

Selfoccate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Your Minecraft username
    Selfoccate

What server are you applying for

Islands

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Sol

Country or Timezone
    I live in the UK so the Timezone is BST

Discord username Selfoccate#8596

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    I want to become staff on Manacube because I have had such great experiences with staff, the community and the server in general, I love being able to help people out and have fun in the process. I believe I could be a good staff member as I have had many experiences in the past. I like to help keep the server clean from the rule breakers so the community stays how it is, nice and calm. I feel like I'd be able to help out the community and I like making others be able to enjoy their experience on the server and Minecraft in general, and by sorting out the rule breakers, that would be able to happen, I feel I also have a good maturity level, I can have fun and a laugh but I can also be serious when I am required to be. I feel I really can be a mature person and serious when the time comes to it as I say. I also have been around on Manacube for quite some time so I know the rules very well and I also know how the players usually act, I have also played Minecraft since 2011 so I really know a lot about it so, if players need help on Minecraft, in general, I will be able to help them out. I also feel like I have had a lot of experience as a staff member previously so I know the basics of moderating.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I have played on ManaCube for about 6 months, but I have played on Islands for 55 Hours. The reason this is so low is because about 5 months ago I took a break from Minecraft in general for about 3 months. So about 2 months ago I came back, but I won't be leaving again anytime soon!

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    I can spend about 3-4 hours on a weekday (as I do have school) but on a Weekend I can spend about 6-10 hours per day. So giving about 40 hours at most during the week.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    The skills I think I have that could help the server is that I am a fast responder and actor, so I can act on things quickly, and I can also respond to other peoples messages be that Player or fellow moderators messages quickly. I also believe I have a good eye for catching out hackers so on KitPvP I could find a hacker and remove them quickly to keep the server non-toxic. I also have a lot of knowledge of the server and Minecraft in general, as I said in the last question I have been on Minecraft for about 7 years now and I really have been able to get to grips with it and I know nearly everything about the game. I have also been part of the server for 6 months, understandably I won't have as good of a knowledge of the server as I do have of Minecraft, but I do know a lot about the server and its rules, I also know a lot of players behaviour so I can know what to expect. This may not be classed as a skill but I also believe I have a very good amount of time that I can put into the server so I really can spend time with the players. Also, I believe I have tolerance, I have a very good tolerance level, so I could be able to put up with a lot of things without snapping back and risk getting demoted and just falling out with someone. Leadership. I also believe I have good Leadership skills being able to decide what the best thing to do is when I should do it and be able to steer other people in the correct direction if needed.
    Also, Determination, I really do play Manacube pretty much everyday that I can, I love the server so I want to give it all the attention I can.
    Professionalism - I Believe I can be very professional with my grammar and how I act and speak, of course sometimes I will have a laugh but as I have said previously ill only have a laugh when I can.
    Caring - I have a very caring side to me in my opinion, I have a mum who is disabled so I have to care for her as much as possible, including sometimes taking over jobs she can't do, etc. I also have had dogs my whole life, now those may not seem like anything major but of course, you've got to care for animals, and I love animals so I would care for one whenever I could. So they really do come under caring.
    Friendly - I feel like I am a very friendly person and easy to chat with, I love talking to people and making friends, I don't hold grudges easily and I don't really get angry easily either. So people wouldn't need to be worried about what they say around me.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I have had many experiences as moderator/admin/owner on servers.

I have owned my own server called SkyGames, which did eventually shut down because I didn't have enough money, that wasn't successful and hardly ever had players on it. This only had 5-10 players on it.

I have been Co-Owner on my friend's server twice, he closed it for a while then reopened it, and now he has run out of money also, that was called CreeperKingdoms. That usually had 50-70 players on

I have moderated a server called FarmLifeMC which has shut down but may one day reopen as the Owner and Developer have got more important In-Real-Life things to be dealing with. That usually had up to 10 players online

And last but not least, BluestoneMC, I was Trial-Mod on there but I left because the Owner didn't have very good communication with the staff.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    The 3 attributes that distinguish me from other players are:

My quick typing, I can type commands or replies to other people very fast making it better in case I need to do something quickly or I am needed quickly.

My memory, I have a really good memory so I am able to remember important commands very easily, so in-case of an emergency, I can remember the command needed to fix the emergency.

And finally, My knowledge, I do have a lot of knowledge about Minecraft and the server as I have said previously and have had a lot of playtime, Minecraft I have been playing for 7 Years so I know pretty much everything about it so in case other people need help with Minecraft I can help them out. And my knowledge about the server I have been playing the server for about 6 months so I know a lot about the rules and the behaviour of others.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    I believe the role of a staff member is to keep the community and safe, kind and friendly place and a perfect environment for everyone, and also be able to help anyone whenever they need help, a staff member should always be friendly to anyone and not hold grudges, by saying 'safe, kind and friendly' I mean that staff will be able to act quickly on anything and be able to stop people from making the server an unsafe and horrible place to be. I also believe a staff member should be able to have fun with players and not be a boring, or too professional because otherwise, they wouold just be a boring person and not fun to be around, I believe any staff member should be able to take jokes and also have a lugh with the other players, that also links in the how I said "Friendly" if a staff member can have fun with players they can be friendly as well, also with friendly staff members should usually say 'Welcome' when someone new joins their server to show the server is a welcoming place. Going back, if a staff member can't have fun or anything like that then players won't like them and they may get more abuse because they are disliked because they're not fun or interesting. However a staff member should also be able to quickly change how they are, i.e from a happy, jokey, fun mood to a more serious mood in some cases, this is also necessary because if they need to go to a different server or stay on their current one and sort out an argument that has occurred they shouldn't be joking around whilst trying to put a stop to an argument. So they can't be like, "Hey, jacob89 stop being rude to him LOL' or 'Wow jacob89 you're so triggered, go to an anger class', yes people may take that as a joke but that's not the point, as a staff member you are meant to be serious when needed and fun when needed during an arguement is the point when you should know to get rid of your 'fun' self and become serious, because once you've sorted everything out, you can then go back to having fun.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, I can use a recording software

Anything else we should know?
    No there isn't, have a great day!

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. AlaskanFire

AlaskanFire Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Looks good so far! +1. I like that you joined a while ago and your grammar is professional. You gave lengthy responses when needed.
    However, I recommend that you post a bit more on forums, so you are familiar what is happening with the community on the website. I wish you the best of luck!

3. Selfoccate

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Thank you, I appreciate the advice, thank you, I am trying to be more active on the forums, thank you. Have a great day! :)

4. BigBadBuilderMC

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    +1 Great application, very long with good amounts of detail. I wish you best!

5. Selfoccate

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Thank you, I appreciate it, I wish you the best on your application as well.

6. SantiagoJMK05

SantiagoJMK05 Active Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    +1. You would make a great staff member.

7. Selfoccate

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Thank you, I appreciate that, have a great day!

8. KingNoahPlayzMC

KingNoahPlayzMC Forum Master

Ratings:
    +38 / 83
    -1 I am giving this because I have never seen you on and i play on islands

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Selfoccate

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Hello, thank you for your message, I understand that, Just so you know, we may not play at the same time as we may be in a different timezone. I also changed my name recently from MrDirtzYT so you may have seen my old username not Selfoccate :). Thank you for your response. I appreciate it :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  10. happyman1337

happyman1337 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1- you are not really Active on the server and i have never seen you on

I also believe I have a good eye for catching out hackers so on KitPvP
    you are applying on Island not kitpvp

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  11. Selfoccate

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Hello, thank you for your feedback, just to let you know, I'm pretty sure if there is a report on another server I can go and sort it out then I could go to the other server. I also have about 55 hours of playtime on islands. Also, believe I saw you on yesterday whilst I was on, but I believe you were AFK. But I do play islands daily
    Thank you for your feedback, have a great day! :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  12. happyman1337

happyman1337 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so i cant be afk :I

13. Selfoccate

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Hello, I never said that, I was just saying I think you were AFK so that's why you didn't see me. Thanks! Have a great day! :)

14. GamingAgge_

GamingAgge_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 7
    phonodyne
    +1 Good Appli

15. Selfoccate

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Thank you, I appreciate that. Have a good day! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. _Bunstop_

_Bunstop_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 4
    +1 Nice app and gl :)

17. Selfoccate

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Thank you, I really appreciate that feedback. Have a great day! :)

18. Catmaster2000

Moderator VIP

Ratings:
    +104 / 5
    +1 good app, just chat a little more ;)

19. Selfoccate

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Thank you, I appreciate that, I do try to chat as much as I can :). Thank you, have a great day! :)

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  20. PancakezRule5

VIP+

Ratings:
    +120 / 6
    Hey Sol,
    You have an amazing application, meeting all the requirements, grammar. You seem like you know the Islands server well and would fit as a staff member. For this, I m going give you a +1 Good Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.