Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Hi everyone!

Much as the title suggests this is a music suggestion thread! I like to think I appreciate a lot of different music nonetheless I want to find more music! In pursuit of that I hope to start an ongoing thread here. Use the format (or don't) to suggest a song or tell me your top 3 songs at the moment. I will listen to them and let you know what I like about it. If you post a song I will listen to it and reply back!

The basic aim of this is to discover more music to listen to!

[Format]
Song:
Band:
(optional) Link:

I'll start I'm in a bit of an alternative phase at the moment but here's my top three
1. Church feat. EarthGang
By: Sam Henshaw
2. Good Times
By: General Owusu
3. A thousand faces
By: Boy and the Bear
4. Blue sky mine
By: Midnight Oil

Let me know what you guys think and give me some suggestions for new music!

- Raptor

Edit 1:
Sorry about the messy style of replying still trying to figure out how I format replying in a neater way. Right now I just listen to it and pick 1 or 2 of my favourite things from the song! Also trying to decide whether I should reply with songs people might like?

Last edited:

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Go Sonic with them threads :p
I love Music so much, I can’t concentrate or get anything done without listening to music. I play Piano & drums, maybe Bass too :p.
I cannot describe to you how much I love mashups. They’re just :eek:.
But, original songs... hm.
Holding on to you - twenty one pilots. “Oh nooo emo band >.<“ - Sit down. Shutup. Listen. Enjoy.
My Boy - Billie Eilish. Fast paced, modern sound and great lyrics :D
Bellyache - Billie Eilish // Legend - twenty one pilots // Morph - twenty one pilots // The Hype - twenty one pilots I can’t chose, they’re all so amazing :(
Also my queen, Melanie Martinez. Pity Party.

I don’t mind blue sky mine, the intro of Good Times sounds really nice, same with A thousand faces. Soft singing is really pretty.
Judging from the songs you suggested, I’d say give 20 Dollar Nose Bleed by Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the disco a go. Also Say Amen (Saturday Night) By Panic! At the disco. Maybe... One Of The Drunks by Panic! At the disco too... and Old Fashioned. Frick it try the whole album. >:]
You got homework to do >:]

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
and “Don’t threaten me with a good time” By Panic! I am so sorry.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Uhm... let me just go ahead and be myself on this one and post music a lot of people will dislike :)

1. Astonishing panorama of the end times
Marilyn Manson
2. Boden
Amenra
3. Mister Superstar
Marilyn Manson

Yes, I'm a huge Manson fan and I can't help it. There's way more songs I really enjoy.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Uhm... let me just go ahead and be myself on this one and post music a lot of people will dislike :)

1. Astonishing panorama of the end times
Marilyn Manson
2. Boden
Amenra
3. Mister Superstar
Marilyn Manson

Yes, I'm a huge Manson fan and I can't help it. There's way more songs I really enjoy.
Nothing wrong with liking one or two people in particular I mean look at Anxii ahahah

I loved the guitar riffs in Astonishing Panorama it was great and the beat was pretty fast paced felt like a headbanger!!
Boden seemed to have a lot of anticipation vibes all the way through and I was on the edge of my seat with it
Mister Superstar was probably my favourite both due to a lot of the lyrics being not as screamy which is subjective I know. Definitely another headbanger and ultimately my favourite. I also loved the build up throughout the song!
Added Astonishing Panorama and Mister Superstar to my playlists!!
Thanks War

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Go Sonic with them threads :p
I love Music so much, I can’t concentrate or get anything done without listening to music. I play Piano & drums, maybe Bass too :p.
I cannot describe to you how much I love mashups. They’re just :eek:.
But, original songs... hm.
Holding on to you - twenty one pilots. “Oh nooo emo band >.<“ - Sit down. Shutup. Listen. Enjoy.
My Boy - Billie Eilish. Fast paced, modern sound and great lyrics :D
Bellyache - Billie Eilish // Legend - twenty one pilots // Morph - twenty one pilots // The Hype - twenty one pilots I can’t chose, they’re all so amazing :(
Also my queen, Melanie Martinez. Pity Party.

I don’t mind blue sky mine, the intro of Good Times sounds really nice, same with A thousand faces. Soft singing is really pretty.
Judging from the songs you suggested, I’d say give 20 Dollar Nose Bleed by Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the disco a go. Also Say Amen (Saturday Night) By Panic! At the disco. Maybe... One Of The Drunks by Panic! At the disco too... and Old Fashioned. Frick it try the whole album. >:]
You got homework to do >:]
and “Don’t threaten me with a good time” By Panic! I am so sorry.
So I've heard alot of these before and they're great,
I loved Holding onto you the spacey vocals and the beat was great as well.
Its undeniable Billie has some great music and you've probably picked her best that aren't acknowledged superrr hits.
Loved Bellyache and my boy as always!
I actually loved Legend and haven't heard it before once again that beat and lyrics got me!! Same for the Hype the vocals/editing of his vocals with the beat are just so enticing and consistent however in this song it was quite a bit slower!

I'm going to check the rest out as I go through my day @Anxii_ I'll get back to you on what I think about the rest thanks!!!!

- Raptor

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Nothing wrong with liking one or two people in particular I mean look at Anxii ahahah

I loved the guitar riffs in Astonishing Panorama it was great and the beat was pretty fast paced felt like a headbanger!!
Boden seemed to have a lot of anticipation vibes all the way through and I was on the edge of my seat with it
Mister Superstar was probably my favourite both due to a lot of the lyrics being not as screamy which is subjective I know. Definitely another headbanger and ultimately my favourite. I also loved the build up throughout the song!
Added Astonishing Panorama and Mister Superstar to my playlists!!
Thanks War
Dang, surprised about that tbh xD

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Its undeniable Billie has some great music and you've probably picked her best that aren't acknowledged superrr hits.
I actually loved Legend and haven't heard it before once again that beat and lyrics got me!! Same for the Hype the vocals/editing of his vocals with the beat are just so enticing and consistent however in this song it was quite a bit slower!

I'm going to check the rest out as I go through my day @Anxii_ I'll get back to you on what I think about the rest thanks!!!!

- Raptor
WOOOOO

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Like Anxi I'm pretty much dependent on music but I don't really have a favourite band, I'm constantly discovering new artists and albums and my tastes are always changing. Here's my top three from... January, I guess.

No Footprints - Bruce Cockburn
Such a fantastic song, it's one of those ones where even though it's simple you totally fall into the vibe of it and the chorus will stick with you, trust me.

Up In Hudson - Dirty Projectors
this one might not be for everybody, it's kinda weird and complex, but I really dig it. I'm not usually a big fan of effects, but the way they used autotune and synthesizers is phenomenal. This band is definitely worth checking out if you like the modern psychedelic sound.

Fire in the hole - Steely Dan
I was really into steely Dan last year but I came back to them recently and DAMN does this song slap. The piano riff is an absolute classic.

So yeah those 3 songs are all pretty different from each other but I like them all so much, if anyone ever wants music tips for different moods just hmu :)

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
Omg, this is such a cool thread!

So my kind of music is 90's R&B / Soul I guess you could say? and at the moment I'm really into a few songs that i think will be with me forever

First up is "Stand Up" by Cynthia Erivo, it's from the movie 'Harriet' and it's such a beautiful song with all its lyrics and the notes she hits are just perfect and its a real motivational song too!

Another one is "Proud" by Heather Small, this song I've listened too since I was about 3/4, but I really started listening to it around 2008 as it was used for a promotional video for the London 2012 games! I've always loved the Olympics so this song along with "One moment in time" by Whitney Houston and "Rise" by Katy Perry (Don't judge it till you've listened, she is actually pretty good in it) really get me thinking about the Olympics and my dream to one day win it

"Sunday morning" by Matoma ft Josie Dunne is, in my opinion, a very good summer song for chilling out with your friends and just a really nice upbeat fun song to listen to when grinding on mana or building an amazing plot

Last up is Anything by Adele or Jessi j on the show "I Am a Singer" she featured on in China, The way Jessie's voice is so perfect makes all of her covers just that extra bit better. here's a link to all of her performances on the show if you're interested:

Another few notable mentions are, "Listen" by Beyonce, "I know where I've been" By Jennifer Hudson (or anything by that woman, she can do no wrong) and "All for us" by Zendeya from Euphoria.

I really love music and I live off of it every day so music means a whole bunch to me and these are just a very, very small bunch of some of my favorites!

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69

- Raptor
Pity Party wasn't bad the video was a bit out there it was good though!!!

I'll start with Don't threaten me with a good time by Panic. I liked it was a bit boy bandish if you know what I mean I really liked just something about the leads voice struck me its almost like Centuries by Fallout boy. I lovedddd the riff the song starts and ends on definitely my favourite part by far!
Surprise surprise next song is by Fall Out Boy ahahah this was wasn't quite me to be honest. I love Panic at the disco and have actually already got the whole album in one of my playlists already. @Anxii_ thanks for the great suggestions!!!

- Raptor

Last edited:

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Like Anxi I'm pretty much dependent on music but I don't really have a favourite band, I'm constantly discovering new artists and albums and my tastes are always changing. Here's my top three from... January, I guess.

No Footprints - Bruce Cockburn
Such a fantastic song, it's one of those ones where even though it's simple you totally fall into the vibe of it and the chorus will stick with you, trust me.

Up In Hudson - Dirty Projectors
this one might not be for everybody, it's kinda weird and complex, but I really dig it. I'm not usually a big fan of effects, but the way they used autotune and synthesizers is phenomenal. This band is definitely worth checking out if you like the modern psychedelic sound.

Fire in the hole - Steely Dan
I was really into steely Dan last year but I came back to them recently and DAMN does this song slap. The piano riff is an absolute classic.

So yeah those 3 songs are all pretty different from each other but I like them all so much, if anyone ever wants music tips for different moods just hmu :)
Me too I definitely have songs and artists I go back to constantly one of those is Jon Bellion as both of his albums are amazing!

No footprints was nice and slow and I liked it not as much as the others

Up in the Hudson reminded me in a way of Jon Bellion had that mix of soul/church vocals with some mad mixing that just makes it a Soul satisfying listen at least in my opinion going straight on the main playlist love it.

Fire in the hole was a great song the piano killed it and I loved the lyrics

Thanks Tasses, some great suggestions!!!

- Raptor

Last edited:

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Omg, this is such a cool thread!

So my kind of music is 90's R&B / Soul I guess you could say? and at the moment I'm really into a few songs that i think will be with me forever

First up is "Stand Up" by Cynthia Erivo, it's from the movie 'Harriet' and it's such a beautiful song with all its lyrics and the notes she hits are just perfect and its a real motivational song too!

Another one is "Proud" by Heather Small, this song I've listened too since I was about 3/4, but I really started listening to it around 2008 as it was used for a promotional video for the London 2012 games! I've always loved the Olympics so this song along with "One moment in time" by Whitney Houston and "Rise" by Katy Perry (Don't judge it till you've listened, she is actually pretty good in it) really get me thinking about the Olympics and my dream to one day win it

"Sunday morning" by Matoma ft Josie Dunne is, in my opinion, a very good summer song for chilling out with your friends and just a really nice upbeat fun song to listen to when grinding on mana or building an amazing plot

Last up is Anything by Adele or Jessi j on the show "I Am a Singer" she featured on in China, The way Jessie's voice is so perfect makes all of her covers just that extra bit better. here's a link to all of her performances on the show if you're interested:

Another few notable mentions are, "Listen" by Beyonce, "I know where I've been" By Jennifer Hudson (or anything by that woman, she can do no wrong) and "All for us" by Zendeya from Euphoria.

I really love music and I live off of it every day so music means a whole bunch to me and these are just a very, very small bunch of some of my favorites!
Thanks Smxthie! was a bit of a random thread idea but why not?

Stand Up was a new find me and I loved it! Again I think my favourite thing about this song is actually the backers and the communal singing to the back end of the song, I just love the sound hits deep. In saying that Cynthia Erivo's voice hits hard and is great. A lot of emotion in this song @Smxthie.

Proud was another banger started off slow and I thought I wasn't going to like it but its totally a bop! Still got a bit slow at times for me but the bass guitar was pretty good. Best part for me was definitely the chorus with the backing singers!

Sunday morning Smithie mate you keep coming through with great songs here I can definitely see and hear the appeal you have to some of these female singers really great!!

Listen I know her singing is impressive but this was probably my least favourite song out of the lot. In saying that they were all pretty good ;)

I know where I've been was a good song bit slow for me.

All for us was really different to some of the other stuff I loved the Labrinth bits but weirdly enough I just didn't like Zendaya as much it was to "talky" for me if that makes sense for a lot of the song but it got better!

I don't know too many Jessie J songs so I'll have to go listen to some more. Now its not quite RnB but I wonder if you would like Guillotine by Jon Bellion or Hand of God (Outro) also by Jon Bellion was a great album and has some similar vibes as your first song you might also like these @Tasses. Let me know if you like it!
Thanks for some great suggestions Smxthie was a great listen not stuff I'd have found on my own but I lovvvveee Stand Up and Proud
Edit: another suggestion for you Smithie might be Hallelujah by Alex Burke
- Raptor

Last edited:

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Pity Party wasn't bad the video was a bit out there it was good though!!!

I'll start with Don't threaten me with a good time by Panic. I liked it was a bit boy bandish if you know what I mean I really liked just something about the leads voice struck me its almost like Centuries by Fallout boy. I lovedddd the riff the song starts and ends on definitely my favourite part by far!
Surprise surprise next song is by Fall Out Boy ahahah this was wasn't quite me to be honest. I love Panic at the disco and have actually already got the whole album in one of my playlists already. @Anxii_ thanks for the great suggestions!!!

- Raptor
Melanie is definitely a bit “out there” hehe
Panic! definitely used to be… basically an emo boy band LOL
Three of them left though, there’s just Brendon left :(
I’m glad you liked my suggestions though :D

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Melanie is definitely a bit “out there” hehe
Panic! definitely used to be… basically an emo boy band LOL
Three of them left though, there’s just Brendon left :(
I’m glad you liked my suggestions though :D
Song was good the video was just a on the strange side aha.
I didn't know they all left that sucks :(
They were great feel free to make suggestions anytime!

I need more music :mad:
- Raptor

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
Thanks Smxthie! was a bit of a random thread idea but why not?
Edit: another suggestion for you Smithie might be Hallelujah by Alex Burke
- Raptor

I actually saw Alexandra Burke in concert many years ago and it was just as good live! I really do love her rendition of Hallelujah, My personal favorite of hers though is bad boys! brings back memories of my school dances, that along with Saturday Night by Whitfield or anything by the Black Eyed Peas!

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
I really like gothic 80's music.

Anything from Danzing, Misfits, The Cure, Alice Cooper, Billy Idol, Siouxsie and the Banshees and you'll find the stuff I like.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Oh man, The Cure.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I actually saw Alexandra Burke in concert many years ago and it was just as good live! I really do love her rendition of Hallelujah, My personal favorite of hers though is bad boys! brings back memories of my school dances, that along with Saturday Night by Whitfield or anything by the Black Eyed Peas!
Oh wow thats amazing!!

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
I really like gothic 80's music.

Anything from Danzing, Misfits, The Cure, Alice Cooper, Billy Idol, Siouxsie and the Banshees and you'll find the stuff I like.
Alice Cooper live is something you must have seen. I'm glad I was able to.