My thoughts on islands

xmrpie

MVP+
Ratings
6 1
I've been playing islands since January of last year and i can tell you that i've had a blast playing there. Spent countless hours hanging out with friends, building, doing quests, and farming mcmmo. But recently, so many things have been concerning me and its making me very angry that its what islands has degraded too. For example, in the most recent bug fix for islands, Dacon tells us that it gives us 60 mcmmo. Yet to this day, it still gives 100. Before the reset, Dacon promised the island community he would fix stuff that we had been begging to be fixed for a long time. instead, we had to beg to dacon several hundred times to even get a couple things fixed. A clear example of this is farming silver. Last season, We got silver easily by farming pumpkins & melons. But now, Dacon has disabled that feature and we have to do quests and farm mcmmo to get silver. But how do we get silver if half the quests dont even work. Dacon just abandoned working on anything after olympus reset, and its frustrating me how much hasnt been fixed yet. Please, Dacon, fix things on islands. We've been asking for it a long darn time and i hope it will be fixed. I don't want islands to degrade to what it was before the reset. Lonely, boring, and nothing to do.

Please, fix islands

NotLincoln

ELITE
NotLincoln
NotLincoln
ELITE
Ratings
I’ll post a list of bugs that need to be fixed soon as well as some bugs that can wait another month like they all already have. This is overall just tiring and not even excusable anymore.

jaccerz

ELITE
Jaccerz
Jaccerz
ELITE
Ratings
- island challenges ADVANCED TIER "Nether" and "Pioneer" challenges Do NOT work, thus you cant go up in challenges.
- Shulker Shell in the shop is $22,500 but a complete shulker box is $450,000
- Wheat harvesting quest doesn't work
- Breeding wolves quest doesnt work
- Iron Golem perk, yet Skyblock doesnt have to gain the perk to place iron golems?
- Heroic Enchantment costs 20 quest points, yet only costs 10 qp on Skyblock?

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
I’ll post a list of bugs that need to be fixed soon as well as some bugs that can wait another month like they all already have. This is overall just tiring and not even excusable anymore.
I understand having to deal with bugs & glitches can be very irritating but the staff team are doing all we can to manage these. Sometimes certain things have a higher priority than others, and we really hope players can accept that. If you come across any bugs, please pass them straight on to staff as the quicker we get these things reported, hopefully the quicker they are fixed.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
- island challenges ADVANCED TIER "Nether" and "Pioneer" challenges Do NOT work, thus you cant go up in challenges.
- Iron Golem perk, yet Skyblock doesnt have to gain the perk to place iron golems?
Looks like the shulker shell is missing a zero. Passing on now.
Quests have been reported.
Skyblock is quite different to islands, I do not think this is a bug. I think the price is different due to the different economies and gamemodes. Same with the IG perk. Different gamemodes.
Thank you!

jaccerz

ELITE
Jaccerz
Jaccerz
ELITE
Ratings
the only difference between skyblock and islands is one has air. the other has water.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
the only difference between skyblock and islands is one has air. the other has water.
There's more than just the water/air thing. The economies are very different. The playerbases are different. The bugs too.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Some of those bugs are universal to the server
Wheat, Wolves are all problems everywhere I go on the server.

xmrpie

MVP+
Ratings
6 1
This is 100% My point though, we have been waiting for a long time to get these fixed but no response. Hell, even olympus is getting more fixing time than islands just because of the reset, it disgusts me how much barely any time into fixing is put into islands. As long as they get fixed im happy to wait. but we have been waiting for far too long.

xmrpie

MVP+
Ratings
6 1
I understand having to deal with bugs & glitches can be very irritating but the staff team are doing all we can to manage these. Sometimes certain things have a higher priority than others, and we really hope players can accept that. If you come across any bugs, please pass them straight on to staff as the quicker we get these things reported, hopefully the quicker they are fixed.
I can tell the higher ups on the server really care about this. So Much of my time and my money spent on a gamemode that isnt a "High Priority" You tell us to go to mods, but yet we wait upwards of 3 months and no fixes. Anxi, you dont understand that its unacceptable to have a gamemode that is there, but have barely any fixes. We want it to be fixed, thats it.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I can tell the higher ups on the server really care about this. So Much of my time and my money spent on a gamemode that isnt a "High Priority" You tell us to go to mods, but yet we wait upwards of 3 months and no fixes. Anxi, you dont understand that its unacceptable to have a gamemode that is there, but have barely any fixes. We want it to be fixed, thats it.
Okay so far I've agreed with you Pie that it is little bit painful but come on Islands was just reset with a slew of changes. It will get fixed, its only been 1 month since season reset give it time this is a whole new version 1.4.4 it will get fixed. The suggestion it won't ever be fixed is kinda silly we just had a post from @Dacon who said he's hiring more developers it'll happen have faith.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I love how fences are glitched... and not just fences, but pumpkins and melons... and doors...

jaccerz

ELITE
Jaccerz
Jaccerz
ELITE
Ratings
Okay so far I've agreed with you Pie that it is little bit painful but come on Islands was just reset with a slew of changes.
islands has not had that many working changes to it. It was reset before prison was and what do you know? Prison gets a massive bug fix update before Islands does. so no, its not silly to suggest that its not a priority, nor is it silly to suggest it wont get fixed.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
islands has not had that many working changes to it. It was reset before prison was and what do you know? Prison gets a massive bug fix update before Islands does. so no, its not silly to suggest that its not a priority, nor is it silly to suggest it wont get fixed.
We tell you to report things to anyone. Those reports are passed on to admins to be worked on. The #updates channel is pretty good proof that we don’t sit and do nothing. All staff except Admins and higher cannot do anything except report. I definitely understand that waiting on fixes is a really annoying thing but you also need to understand that there are other servers that need fixes too. Not to mention we don’t have a massive team of dedicated bug-fixing professionals that can be online 24/7 just fixing things. Dacon is hiring new devs. Things will be worked on faster. These things don’t just happen, they need to be worked on, and sometimes it takes time to get to.
I really hope you can understand our side of this.
Thank you.

xmrpie

MVP+
Ratings
6 1
Its all that we want Anxi, just things to be fixed. We are tired of waiting. Thanks. I dont know if we will end up seeing it in the end but i am hopeful for it