Names

allitex

allitex
allitex
Ratings
13 3
I just have a question, do Helpers/Mods notice when someone has an inappropriate name on the server, and do they ban them or ask them to change their name? I just wonder because I've seen a few and wanted to know what the policy was on that :).

LiLKayla

Mod+
Moderator+
MVP+
MVP
VIP+
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
MVP+
Ratings
380 15
Hi allitex!

When it comes to inappropriate names we have a "procedure" we do, but At the end of the day we want to avoid banning or muting players as often as we can. We try to deescalate situations first, If a player refuses to change an inappropriate name it can end in a permanent mute (until name changed and appeal made/accepted)

allitex

allitex
allitex
Ratings
13 3
Does it happen a lot? I can only imagine what people can come up with these days lol

Jelly

Mod+
Moderator+
PATRON
MVP+
IceJellyIce
IceJellyIce
MVP+
Ratings
107 2
Hellllooooo

Well so far I haven’t seen a lot of inappropriate names, more of inappropriate skins. Usually players wouldn’t want to get banned just because of their name (unless they are trolls)

LiLKayla

Mod+
Moderator+
MVP+
MVP
VIP+
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
MVP+
Ratings
380 15
Does it happen a lot? I can only imagine what people can come up with these days lol
Not really! as Ice stated we tend to see more inap. skins than names. If I had to average it out id say that I've dealt with maybe 2-3 a month... but that's with me only staffing on Olympus currently.