Reviewing Napkinz - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Napkinz, May 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smxthie

MVP+ MVP VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +294 / 25
    thank you purpz <3

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  2. Missy

Missy Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Just read through this and am saddened by responses.. Firstly Napkinz this is an amazing application for Staff.
    I appreciate the work and effort you have put into this and commend you on how you have responded to the commentary provided... Secondly you are on manacube, not the other server and who you are here has no bearings on previous places. You are kind and caring. More than willing to help when the time arises. +1 I hope you are given the chance to become staff here. Your knowledge and what you can bring would be beneficial not only for the server but players also..

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. Nitricity

Nitricity New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    If you've been putting the time and effort into making this server a better place as a player, I don't see why they can't just give you the remaining perms and tag. I understand you've been through a lot recently, but hopefully being in a "Chillaxed" staffing position with minimal stress will be beneficial for you. I'm sure nothing drastically bad would come off of you staffing for the server, anyway.
    Please Note: Norwo and a few others have been constantly harassing @Napkinz for a long time now, on multiple platforms. If you're going to judge her, judge her based off of her behaviour on the server.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. SheWolves

SheWolves New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 2
    I completely agree with @Nitricity, Napkinz has been through so much and being constantly harassed by a few individuals never stopped her from doing the right thing and staying dedicated to the server. Everyone has flaws and everyone makes mistakes but we cannot let those mistakes haunt us for the rest of our lives.
    Liz really is an amazing person, she is so loving and caring. She was always dedicated to her work and there wasn't a day that went by that she didn't put time into the server. She is an extremely understanding person who I believe could be an incredible asset to the team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Badela

Badela New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    - Though I would hate to bring up MH I come bearing good feedback -

Throughout my time knowing Napkinz, staffing with her and also being a friend to her, I can garuantee that she is one of the most pure-hearted people that I have met online. She pours her heart and soul into everything she does, and even if things don’t go her way she always finds a way to deal with a situation.

Napkinz is also a very good listener and is great at giving feedback where she deems necessary.

As said previously, these personal attacks have happened for quite some time now so I would like anything said negatively about her on MH above to be inadmissible. Everyone has their past, and they grow from it. Napkinz only learns and grows from her mistakes and as a person with that. I reckon that she could be a great staff member on this server :)

+1

-Bella

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  6. Napkinz

Napkinz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 1
    I appreciate the support so much from you guys. The positivity that I have gotten from both past friendships and community members in Mana that I have just met means the world to me. For some reason, I enjoy Minecraft staffing and being supported so much makes me feel so full of positivity. Even if this app were to be denied, I want to thank each and everyone of you (from previous servers and Manacube) for the kind words. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  7. lkcbharath

lkcbharath New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Napkinz was a longtime member+staffer on another server which I play on as well. She is very open and sweet-hearted to people and willing to talk about anything. It is sad that some things have not gone down well with a certain few resulting in a drama above. As mentioned, we are to judge her only on ManaCube and not any other server.

Your application is stellar and beats a lot of staff applications I have read on various platforms. You showed courage by showing your flaw(s?) and willingness to work on them.

Best of luck Napkinz! You were amazing as a Community Manager and I hope to see you here as a staff member aswell.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  8. EdgyRanger

EdgyRanger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Napkinz is a such a lovely, dedicated, caring person. I worked with her previously on a similar sized server where she was an Admin, she looked after the whole team making sure everyone was comfortable and productive. She would be an asset to any staff team but particularly this one, her passion for the server is obvious and I believe she will do amazing things here. Best of luck, Ella!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  9. Pixima

Pixima Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 3
    If anyone deserves to be picked up as a Helper, it's you. You seem like you have a lot of potential. You've put in 70 hours which is a lot of playtime on a server and you just joined a month ago. If that isn't dedication then I don't know what that is:) +1

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Napkinz

Ratings:
    +57 / 1
    Thank you so much for your kind words!

Since this is on the topic of my hours, I would like to give an update to further support my claim where I said that I can spend 3-4 hours a day minimum on the server. I now have 123 hours on Survival. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Nightshadow07

Nightshadow07 Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 2
    Hey Elizabeth! Your’e application was pretty good. I’ve seen you in chat many times and you seem like a really cool person. My only reservation at the moment is that you’ve only been on survival for less than a month at the time I am writing this review (May 28 - June 11). While you may be a wonderful person and even a future staff, right now instead of applying I would solidify your knowledge of the server and it’s rules and content so you can go into the job a step ahead. So for now I’m gonna give you a +0. Keep up the good work.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Napkinz

Ratings:
    +57 / 1
    I definitely agree with your opinion as it's quite valid - which is why I stated that I have a 50/50 shot. I've learned quite a lot since I have made my application in which case I feel that although I may not have the complete knowledge of the server currently, by the point my application is put into reviewing I will have had gained even more knowledge.

Very few community members, from player to owner, will remember or know everything there is to ManaCube. Either for a specific server or globally. It is simply too much knowledge to always remember and things are constantly changing. I will keep details to a minimum as I have no intention of making another community member look bad, but a staff member today did not know something regarding Survival that I actually knew. This does not make the staff member any less capable or me any more capable than anyone else. Staff members are not meant to be wikipedias but rather those who are willing to help players in need. If that means that I have to work with a player to gain knowledge, I am perfectly okay with that! I think that is actually quite beneficial when creating a bond between players and staff - showing that staff members truly care. I have the determination and dedication to search for answers to questions that I do not know while understanding that I am not perfect nor will I ever be. I believe that makes me a strong applicant for ManaCube.

To make sure everyone understands, I will be perfectly fine and accepting if this application is denied as again it is quite valid. (EDIT: Although I said that staff members should not be wikipedias, I do also believe that they should have a certain amount of knowledge - in which I feel I do). Thank you so much for your feedback, @Nightshadow07!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  13. Bradley Litchfield

Bradley Litchfield New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Very good application! Was a great staff member to work with on MineHeroes! Good Luck! :)

BradleyLitchy - LitchfieldGaming

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Krafts

Krafts New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 1
    My name was mentioned so many times :sob: but good luck hope you get it Napkinz !1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Selfoccate

Helper

Ratings:
    +38 / 2
    I really like this app so +1, everyone I come on survival for whatever reason, I see you're on helping people, you seem a very popular person on survival. I've known you for a while and you've always seemed really nice!

Good luck! ~
    Self

16. SunsetMagic

SunsetMagic Network Manager
    Manager MVP+ VIP+ VIP Helper Management QA Team

Ratings:
    +682 / 21
    SunsetMagic
    Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
    Sunset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.