Necro-Posting

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
Is necro-posting against the rules? If not I feel like it should be one. It'd be weird having a thread from say June 18th get a response on like September 3rd. Although for a real example, on the thread "Admin "needs a macro" :O" (I don't know if there are any other ones, didn't feel like looking.) Someone replied on the 24th of July, then no one commented until August 1st, 8 days later. Then a response on August 7th which then no one replied on the thread until the 14th, a full week later. So is there a limit to how old a thread can be and still be able to post replies? Or can I still respond on a thread from like 2015?

Puddle

VIP+
atPuddle
atPuddle
VIP+
Ratings
36 1
Heyo!
I think this would be a good idea as there are many inactive post and users have to be alerted to post that are inactive. I do like your idea and they should add a rule on that. This idea probably had been submitted a few times but this idea could be good Also, make sure next time to post your ideas
here so people can see it better and it can be organized. Good luck with your ideas and hope it gets accepted, in my opinion.

~ DIamond

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
There is currently no rule on necro-posting. There are cases where posting on old threads has been a nuisance, and those are dealt with on an individual basis. . Many of our threads may be of interest to new or returning forums members, regardless of how old they are, for example how-to guides. We don't restrict players from commenting on those. In some cases we will lock old threads on a case-by-case basis.

When players "spam" reply to old threads attempting to get their 20 forums posts required for staff, the players are dealt with on a case by case basis.

WoahBroNoHomo

Phker
Phker
Ratings
17 1
There is currently no rule on necro-posting. There are cases where posting on old threads has been a nuisance, and those are dealt with on an individual basis. . Many of our threads may be of interest to new or returning forums members, regardless of how old they are, for example how-to guides. We don't restrict players from commenting on those. In some cases we will lock old threads on a case-by-case basis.

When players "spam" reply to old threads attempting to get their 20 forums posts required for staff, the players are dealt with on a case by case basis.
IMO I think there should be a rule on it, like just add "No posting on normal threads after 1 week of inactivity." or something.

Puddle

VIP+
atPuddle
atPuddle
VIP+
Ratings
36 1
Yeah, don't want to start a big debate but I agree with him. Some players might get alerted on posts they've done in the past and it would be annoying for them. Also, it would be unnecessary to bump a post that is pointless and doesn't need to be brought, since it was so old. But, this is just my opinion.