Rejected Neo - Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Rework changelog : Thickened legs, varied leg parkour, added redstone pk.
big thanks to Quinny for helping me understand the map making progress! <3
the theme of the map : the matrix
the builder : d0r0n
difficulty : Expert
where to warp : /plot v d0r0n 2
other : 97 jumps, 8 checkpoints
Screenshots of the build : (with shaders this time :D)

Attachments

Last edited:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hi again~
Thanks for the shoutout! I'm glad I could help you understand a little better, but I personally still find some qualms about the map:
The build is still a bit too sticklike and Neo's legs are very thin compared to his arms. It feels a bit flat, or like a pose frame (where one brushes out a pose's base before adding on blocks to the build)

The parkour itself is a little better with the block variety, but the course is too easy and too short to be an Expert or Insane map. Expert maps are usually over 85 jumps, and Insane maps are usually at least over 100 jumps (the number of suggested jumps is listed in the parkour submission format thread toward the end). There's no "Extreme" difficulty on ManaCube's parkour, but I think you mean either of these two difficulties. It's just a bit too out of scale which may relate to the difficulty confusion. The map difficulty is pretty inconsistent throughout overall.

Overall I would give this a -0.5, because of the things stated above. But it's clear that your understanding is increasing! I appreciate you being willing to put yourself out there and take criticism. As I said before, there's no better way to learn how to do this than trial and error. :)
I'm sorry if these criticisms come off as harsh! Don't get me wrong, I still think the build has potential, but the build would need to be reworked, then the parkour remade after, since hopefully you would have more blocks to cover preexisting jumps. The theme is good, so stick with it!

Last edited:
Ratings
Hi again~
Thanks for the shoutout! I'm glad I could help you understand a little better, but I personally still find some qualms about the map:
The build is still a bit too sticklike and Neo's legs are very thin compared to his arms. It feels a bit flat, or like a pose frame (where one brushes out a pose's base before adding on blocks to the build)

The parkour itself is a little better with the block variety, but the course is too easy and too short to be an Expert or Insane map. Expert maps are usually over 85 jumps, and Insane maps are usually at least over 100 jumps (the number of suggested jumps is listed in the parkour submission format thread toward the end). There's no "Extreme" difficulty on ManaCube's parkour, but I think you mean either of these two difficulties. It's just a bit too out of scale which may relate to the difficulty confusion. The map difficulty is pretty inconsistent throughout overall.

Overall I would give this a -0.5, because of the things stated above. But it's clear that your understanding is increasing! I appreciate you being willing to put yourself out there and take criticism. As I said before, there's no better way to learn how to do this than trial and error. :)
I'm sorry if these criticisms come off as harsh! Don't get me wrong, I still think the build has potential, but the build would need to be reworked, then the parkour remade after, since hopefully you would have more blocks to cover preexisting jumps. The theme is good, so stick with it!
Thanks again for the criticism, I'll go remake the build and parkour tomorrow to make it better, I accidentally switched expert for extreme. I'll also try and make more jumps within the map, maybe in the cape. I'll also 100% change the legs as i feel its just neo's to random climbable blocks, as for the stickman like pose - i looked at the pose alot of times and the pose is spot on with the original movie. I do think I'll need to remake his legs as they're way to skinny. keep ur criticism going! I want my maps to be quality and i always ask for second opinions as i know that I sometimes get to involved with my craft to think it has problems. the only way I learn is by trial and error. again massive thanks to you! ur the only person who gives me detailed criticism about my map.
To any map reviewers -
I am going to drastically improve the map in the span of a few days and ill update this post when I am happy with the result.
Update* - I finished reworking my map and i think this is the final version. (if you want i can change the redstone pk to make it lag friendly)

Last edited:

Samanthaa_x

Forum Expert
ELITE
Samanthaa_x
Samanthaa_x
ELITE
Ratings
231 5
From the updated version of ur map ive seen i did like the build itself and most of the parkour jumps however as Quinny said it could use a bit more harder jumps if ur aiming for it to be expert or insane difficulty but overall i do somewhat like it and would give it a 0.2

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello d0r0n,

After a tough decision, this map is being rejected. The theme is definitely original! The build is good, but something about it throws me off. Neo himself is a little awkward and lanky. You can tell it is Neo if you know the Matrix though. The parkour definitely isn't terrible. It's mostly varied; however, it isn't exactly fun. It's a little too easy and could use some really interesting jumps to spice it up and make it fun. Overall, this was a hard decision, but the uncertainty with accepting this map has led to its rejection.

Thank you for submitting this course! :)
If you have any questions, you may DM me on here, in game, or on discord! :D

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.