New Command?

Should we?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Willy

Ratings
18 1
A lot of people want to clear their plots as I have seen, but they don't have permission like me. So I am suggesting we make a command that allows players to request to clear their plot, kind of like a one way mail system and then when a Staff member comes on they can check the requests and easily clear their plot instead of the spam that goes on in chat about clearing plots. :D

Aaron

Donator
Ratings
Looking more into depth I've found a solution instead of having a new submission system, instead we can use our current system.

When you're in need a your plot being cleared do /Submit with a message following saying you want your plot cleared. For example:

Charlie Bowdery

Donator
Ratings
Or maybe, set a timer for when someone clears their plot? Like the way a ban is timed for a specific amount of time. Maybe only allowing a player too only clear their plot once a day or once a week. If this can be done.

Aaron

Donator
Ratings
Or maybe, set a timer for when someone clears their plot? Like the way a ban is timed for a specific amount of time. Maybe only allowing a player too only clear their plot once a day or once a week. If this can be done.
It's a good idea and I did also consider suggesting it, however that's not the problem. People will still cause crashing. A big plot + filled with builds = easy crash. I know waiting for a Mod to clear it can be frustrating but it's would be more frustrating with a crash every now and then.

I would do //set air for the top and do //set dirt/grass for the ground eZ
Yeah, it's not that "eZ". Not everyone has WorldEdit, and we also have VSync installed so it would literally take ages to clear.

Charlie Bowdery

Donator
Ratings
I would do //set air for the top and do //set dirt/grass for the ground eZ
I've used my WE perms too help people with clearing plots multiple times, so it is a effective way of clearing but as Aaron said not everyone has access to WE perms, meaning they cannot //set.

craftian6

Dedicated Member
Ratings
16 4
Uh... My Idea Is Having Wand And Build Another Surface High Up Your Plot And Done... Yea, so.. Thats My Idea
Tho i have an stupid idea... im a good redstoner and i know a way to clear plots if the server is 1.8 i think
using /clone | and with commands blocks and the commands is gonna be like this when they type /plot clear
/tellep /clone (x y z) (x y z) (Mode) /tellraw [{Json;Plot Cleared{Bold:true]},[color;green]

Last edited:

Charlie Bowdery

Donator
Ratings
How about make it available in /shop for a certain amount of gems? A 'Plot clear' token?
Players shouldn't have too pay a sum of gems for clearing plots, as it can be used for things which enhance your experience on MineVast, such as using World Edit and so on.

Aaron

Donator
Ratings
How about make it available in /shop for a certain amount of gems? A 'Plot clear' token?
Players shouldn't have too pay a sum of gems for clearing plots, as it can be used for things which enhance your experience on MineVast, such as using World Edit and so on.
Not only what charlie said but it also defeats the point of the Server crashing.

Charlie Bowdery

Donator
Ratings
I was thinking that a small payment would deter people from spamming the command...either way, your comments make sense :)
It most likely would, but you can be certain people will complain about having too pay for something which is otherwise free. It's like paying too get certain World Edit permissions, after paying the price for something listed as being full World Edit. :p

Charlie Bowdery

Donator
Ratings
Well...depends on your view. Whats your suggestion if anything?
I personally suggested setting a timer on the periods between clearing plots but as Aaron said, that wouldn't stop lag being created and servers being crashed due to the amount of blocks placed on plots wishing too be cleared. I think the safest way now is probably the way Aaron suggested earlier, being too allowing people too use the submit command with a message asking their plot too be cleared as this allows members of staff to clear plots without taking the server down.

Ratings
I personally suggested setting a timer on the periods between clearing plots but as Aaron said, that wouldn't stop lag being created and servers being crashed due to the amount of blocks placed on plots wishing too be cleared. I think the safest way now is probably the way Aaron suggested earlier, being too allowing people too use the submit command with a message asking their plot too be cleared as this allows members of staff to clear plots without taking the server down.
Yeah, Aaron's suggestion was probably the most appealing of all the ones Ive read here. Keeps it simple I guess