Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
HELLO OLYMPIANS

This week we are changing up the structure of the plot competitions. To ensure that this plot competition will continue on with the following weeks there will only be one winner a week given FULL recognition, there will be other mentioned as honorable mentions. This will allow other plots to win since we were trying to avoid 1st. 2nd, and 3rd place from replacing every single week.

This week a mix of player votes and comments in chat and random people in voice chats helped me make the design this week. The theme was BIG or EXPENSIVE, this means that we were looking for builds that were overall impressive and attention grabbing. Attributes that we were looking for were size, blocks used, terraforming, an creativity. This week me and my plot spotters could not locate nearly as many contenders, this affected the ranking and users who will be mentioned. I'd like to give a HUGE thanks to some induvial who greatly helped me out this week, such as; OPDeathGod26, EnderAssassin, Kanna, lLkaul, and many more.

Some quick reminders before we HOP into the winner and honorable mentions. Next weeks theme will be COLORFUL, for this upcoming theme grinders that are colorful will be able to be entered, but BUILDS that are colorful will have more priority due to the creativity it requires, when it comes to building will becomes more valued and graded on in the up and coming weeks. But let's get into the honorable mentions!!

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Myself and the grouping of judges agreed that the following players earned honorable mention, their plots will be allowed to be in future comps. due to them not being singly recognized.

• JUMPFATTY
  • BEARHUGS123
  • KATDEMONWOLF
Thank you to the players who entered their plots, or are being surprised by this post haha, all the builds were amazing. The judging was extra difficult this week. Since I am not recognizing and giving constructive crit. on each player, by themselves... I will try to contact all three of them, and give each of them a small prize to make up for this. But, enough of all this blah blah talk. Let's get onto the reason of this post... THE WINNER.

THIS WEEKS PLOT COMP WINNER IS.... GEAR_TECH

Screenshot_6.png

His plot is an exploration of a futrastic build, focusing on four elements of nature/production. This is not a build style you see too often on Olympus. I do comprehend that this build is not fully finished... but it is still an amazing build that has A LOT pf potential, I'd highly suggest pushing this concept even more to create a fully interactive experience. I do find that clear glass and quartz can be a good combination, but with little to no contrast on the outside it does seem to blend together a BIT to much... this isn't a BIG deal but can easy be altered to create a more interesting appearance.

Screenshot_7.png

The under side of the build shows a simple map like image, showing land masses in water. This is a commonly done building tech, but it always interesting ang a good eye catcher. I also greatly like how the land masses are not recognizable but rather the builder relied on the color scheme to create a ear like aesthetic. My team of voters and judges noted that they REALLY REALLY ENJOYED the color changing beacon, even though it is a simple thing to construct... you do not see this often... this might be the first time I've seen it on Olympus EVER. It creates a focal point that is consistently showing us something FUN A FRESH SIS.

Screenshot_8.png

This might be a small detail from the inside of the build, but having these maps in different scales really does showcase the science/lab type of affect he was wanting to create. The inside of the build, that is not fully furnished includes a map station, a check in desk, rooms for workers, rooms for fellow clan mates, a garden, and multiple layers of mechanical type locations. Having these maps seperates it from other builds, small details such as these shows that the builder is thinking as they work.

Screenshot_9.png

OVERAL, this build is interesting and different from what we are use to seeing on Olympus. Even though it wasn't heavily favored by the players to was the build that fit this weeks theme the best and has something interesting and different about it from the other builds that were recognized. The colors match the locations inside of the glass extremely well. I hope to see some more things from Gear_Tech in the future.

NOTES and FINAL THOUGHTS:

Please say congrat to those who won honorable mentions and to Gear_Tech who won this weeks plot comp. If you'd like to submit a plot for next week please message me on here, on discord, in game, or even leave a reply here in the comments. If you have any questions about how this plot comp is run feel free to ask, I'm happy to help anyone on anything. Thank all of you for being patient and understanding with the weekly plot comps. Remember next weeks theme is COLORFUL, I'm ready to see YOUR plots.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
Congratulations Gear!

I checked out his plot before it was completely finished and it was amazing, but now it’s completely done, it looks even better! ❤️

I like these competitions, Kayla. It’s very interesting to see what kinds of things people enjoy building and gives plots a bit more of a good use!