Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
So recently, Skyblock had major lag problems where the server TPS was down to five and we requested reboot in helpop but before we got a reboot, the TPS miraculously went back up. My point is, other players (such as Slime) believe that massive oregens are the cause of our problems. I agree, but I would also add that large redstone clocks should also not be allowed. AND we already have a max of 3k pistons on an island, but it did NOT prevent the server from having such major lag. (If you agree with me, plz rate the post) COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK ARE APPRECIATED!!!

Ratings
10 1
This wont likely be boosted due to people using oregens, for profit and/or island level. Hoppers are nerfed so hopper clocks arent used much, unless there is a way i dont know about, so i dont see how you can not allow them. Also there is no proof ore gens are the cause of lag, once the issue is found the issue will be resolved.
-Clout__Gang

Last edited:

Cedis ♡

MVP
Cedis
Cedis
MVP
Ratings
49 5
3k pistons is too many, we already know redstone lags the server @Clout__Gang . I think a smaller limit like 1500 would be much better. Also, yes, I know oregens aren't the only source of lag, but they do drop tps a lot.

qubi

VIP+
qubi
qubi
VIP+
Ratings
Literally anyway to fix the lag (that doesn't involve others profits being affected) will make me happy.

Drejzen

Drejzen
Drejzen
Ratings
I think it's safe to say, that generating massive amounts of ores all at once, and then in addition to that activates a ton of pistons, might very well have an impact on the server and it's tps. It is possible to make hopper clocks, but I don't think they're any kind of problem compared to the former mentioned. If admins or other staff members found out, that ore generators have a big say in the sudden drop of tps', a solution could be lowering the standard amount of pistons allowed and sort of copying whats been done to hoppers. Making additional pistons cost money from the webshop would make a lot of people reconsider if it's even worth having such enormous generators.
From what I've experienced huge ore generators do affect the tps quite a lot, not permanently but while they're activated, they do seem to create a lot of pressure on the server, and can temporarily lower the ticks.