Rejected Parkour Map Submission! - Towage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Screenshots: For Some Reason I Cannot Attach A Photo Here.
My In-game name: Towage
(This is my first time I Submit a Map)
Difficulty: Medium (40-50 Jumps)
Builders: Towage and BULLYHUNTER_1984
Map Name: Waterfall
Plot ID: -40;-55
Plot Warp: /plot visit Towage
Created On: Map Maker World

Last edited:

rmc22

MVP+
rmc22
rmc22
MVP+
Ratings
19 1
I'm gonna rate this a 0, I don't want to give it a -1 but I cant give it a +1, here's why.
Firstly, the theme isn't the best, this kind of thing is done often, however I really like the way you've done it.
Secondly, the build is really nice looking, very good job. one thing I think would be a nice change would be if you changed the inside to look more cavern or temple like, rather than just a hollowed out mountain.
The jumps are nice and somewhat varied, however they're way too hard for a medium, honestly I think you need to ease up a few jumps and then this could be called a Hard difficulty map.
Also note that you need to put wool underneath the end pressure plate, the wool colour has to match difficulty (lime for easy, yellow for medium, red for hard etc)

Good luck.

AlfieJay

Parkour Mod+ | Survival Mod
Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10

I have given your map a -1 for three reasons. Firstly the build doesn't look that nice. The actual waterfall looks artificial (especially because its edges descend in straight lines). Secondly it can be kind of confusing where there are barriers and where there aren't. Make sure to get testers to try it and wherever they think might be barriers put a sign there. And thirdly the theme isn't very unique. There's already a map themed around a water fall and it's a feature in several maps already. Other then that the parkour was fun and varied and most of the build looked quite nice :D

Just to clarify, this is NOT a final response but just my opinion ;D

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Towage,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not really original, but it's not the worst theme too, the build could be better, I don't really like how the waterfall looks like, a bit for the same reason as Alfie said above, I think you can make it more attractive, because the rest is decent. The parkour is not really good, it's a bit varied, but still feel repetitive (A lot of ladder, try to use more other blocks and less ladders next time), and the invisible blocks make the map a bit confusing, try to use less invisible blocks, or just use glass when you can't use something else.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.