Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Before review, some screenshots (Because your's don't works) :

Review :
The theme :
Really unoriginal theme, there is a LOT of "Rainbow" theme, I've do a parkour list if you want to see if a theme is already use :

The build :
Not good, firstly, the rainbow look like a pixel art and pixel art are a bit controversial, If you want more information, check this thread ! :
Secondly, your parkour is really empty, mostly because your parkour is pretty big and there is just one rainbow and some random platform, try to add more decoration and shrink a bit your parkour.
And last thing, your parkour don't use a lot of your build (like the rainbow), most of your parkour is just "floating" blocks, so next time, do a parkour with a big build on it and use the build for your parkour as much as possible.

The jumps :
Really repetitive, some part is constitute about the same jump (like before the rainbow), and also, don't do a straight line of jumps
Also there is almost no variation of jump (just normal jump and ladder). Add some ice/fence/slime ...
For the difficulty, it's for me a Hard parkour. Some jumps are pretty hard (like fladder part after the first checkpoint) and there is 83 (?) jumps who correspond almost with and Expert map. I recommend you to check this thread about the number of jump/Difficulty :
And last but not least, there is 2 important exploits :

The last one is possible in speed 2 or more, and yes, if you are a bit unlucky if this map is accepted , we can jump from here and not imperatively from the start !
Don't forget you can use invisible block with using /barrier !

My opinion :
Not gonna be accepted, there is to many negatives points, but with more works on your parkour, I think you can do some good thing !
Don't forget it's with mistakes we learn !

Also, I'm not a map judger (Txilsy and Shron), so their opinions can be different !

Last edited:
Ratings
15 2
This is good but I would suggest adding maybe more detail around the course. Like pixel art or structures.

Sincerely, Exi <3

Txilsy

Forum Expert
VIP
Ratings
273 2
Hello SoggyTeaTowel,

Thanks for submitting your map! I've come to inform you that this map will be rejected.

Everything that I wanted to say has been said before me to be honest. So please read those carefully to improve any future maps. To keep it short, make sure to have a variety in jumps, an original theme with a bigger build to have your jumps on top of. Also find the balance between the amount of jumps and its difficulty.

Thanks again for submitting, we'd love to see another map sometime soon, so don't hesitate on making and submitting another one. :)
Also, if you have any questions or concerns, just PM me here on the forums or on Discord.

Submission format: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
List of current maps/themes: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/#post-73063
Map difficulty guide: http://forums.manacube.com/threads/map-difficulty-guide.16797/

Status
Not open for further replies.