Parkour requirements issue

LeiSkule

Dedicated Member
Mapper
LeiSkule
LeiSkule
Ratings
50 2
I feel like there is a slight problem with parkour requirements. We have to take jump potions and speed 5 into account, which is understandable but quite frustrating. Also, most can not test that because not everyone has speed 5 and many jump pots. I don’t know how to fix this but it is kinda hard to work around

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
I'd agree that this is definitely something that can/should be worked on. Speed (all the way through five) is a donator perk for a reason. It's almost made to give donators or people with a rank something that other players don't have. It can be used as an advantage, and that must be hard to work around as a mapper. I'd recommend making a suggestion if you do come up with anything here: https://suggestions.manacube.com. The top posts are added in.

Hope this helps!

Best,
WingsOfFyre

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
I feel like there is a slight problem with parkour requirements. We have to take jump potions and speed 5 into account, which is understandable but quite frustrating. Also, most can not test that because not everyone has speed 5 and many jump pots. I don’t know how to fix this but it is kinda hard to work around
Hey Lei,

When making the parkour for a map, you don't have to necessarily take into account speed or jump potions. You just have to make sure it is varied, well integrated into the build, beatable, as un-exploitable as possible as it can get (making sure to patch with the use of barriers), and that it fits the intended difficulty. If the map judges deem it to be a good map, yet, incredibly easier with the use of speed, it tends to be added as a donator map. All in all, just focus on making a good PK, we'll worry about the other things. :)

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
The only jumps that high speed really improves are long jumps and neos. Some jumps are harder with speed. Remember that the maps are judged with speed 0, so speed is completely irrelevant to the map making process. As Pat said, just focus on making a good map and you'll be fine.