• Total voters

daniel.

MVP+
vaen
vaen
MVP+
Ratings
125 3
So, parkour decided to add back in the filter, which I believe is a very bad decision. Swearing adds a whole different aspect to the game, you can speak freely without the negative response of a terrible filter, which can easily by bypassed. It's also extremely outdated as instead of saying something among the lines of 'swearing isn't allowed on manacube' it refers to MineVast, which is simple laziness from the owner. Anyway, the filter wasn't there for all of season 1 so I don't see why all of a sudden it needs to be added back, swearing is a way of expressing something in more depth so I don't think people who swear should be ostracised, thank you.

Last edited:

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
Couple things wrong with your approach.

Firstly, if you want something changed, try to refrain from calling Dakota “Lazy.” He is quite literally the only reason the server exists, and has put countless hours into ensuring its success. I don’t believe “Lazy” is the right word.

Secondly, swearing is not “a way of expresssing something in more depth,” more often swearing is used similar to a filler word like uh or uhm.

Those things in mind, however, there is a bigger point to be made. I don’t believe that manacube has an extremely young demographic. I could be wrong, but I do believe the average age is around fourteen. Fourteen is about the age in which most people enter high school, and in my opinion, is well beyond the time in which most people are exposed to curse words. So, having a filter on a community that is already mostly heavily exposed to cursing is difficult, because you’re essentially asking tons of people to forget a dozen words exist.

That being said, the filter could simply exist to try and attract a younger demographic, or just make the community a bit cleaner.

-Wizful

daniel.

MVP+
vaen
vaen
MVP+
Ratings
125 3

Firstly, if you want something changed, try to refrain from calling Dakota “Lazy.” He is quite literally the only reason the server exists, and has put countless hours into ensuring its success. I don’t believe “Lazy” is the right word.

Secondly, swearing is not “a way of expresssing something in more depth,” more often swearing is used similar to a filler word like uh or uhm.

Those things in mind, however, there is a bigger point to be made. I don’t believe that manacube has an extremely young demographic. I could be wrong, but I do believe the average age is around fourteen. Fourteen is about the age in which most people enter high school, and in my opinion, is well beyond the time in which most people are exposed to curse words. So, having a filter on a community that is already mostly heavily exposed to cursing is difficult, because you’re essentially asking tons of people to forget a dozen words exist.

That being said, the filter could simply exist to try and attract a younger demographic, or just make the community a bit cleaner.

-Wizful
>meme thread although it should be taken into account :^)

Monkamonk13 (Kaitlyn)

Donator
Ratings
71 4

-Wizful
zionks papa pk never had a filter so thats why its strange now but ye i get u

Ratings
Hey Ladies

I totally agree with Vaen. I personally believe the filter should be removed. It’s pretty annoying when you’re trying to do your daily communication and it’s just a bunch of ***’s and then one can understand me. Why is this filter only on Skyblock and Parkour? I thought we were allowed to swear. I do understand to keep the server PG when younger ones are playing but they're on the internet everywhere they go they will be exposed to profanity. Also, people have the /ignore command... It just needs to be fixed and users can use that.

Much Love,
Sean XoXo

Last edited:

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
I agree, when it shows up **** its almost like we don't know whats behind it? like is it an Apache helicopter? a giraffe the true meaning of life and what comes after? its just stupid honestly, im not trying to bash anyone for this at all i respect dacon fully and the staff team but this is just silly, in parkour 1.0 there was no chat filter and then suddenly BAM you all have to act responsible , some people just cant do that because its a habit of the way they speak/type, Anyway thats my opinion

Tata xox

gumleaf

ELITE
gumleaf
gumleaf
ELITE
Ratings
66 5
why does kitpvp get no filter then? if the server's age is average 14? tbh none of manacube should have a filter but just not spamming profanity .-.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
who ever said there was a filter now ,is wrong. Around early 2014 or 2015, there was a filter for about 2 months.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
ik that but what I meant was there was no filter before it reset and now there is

camron315

VIP
Ratings
68 4
I mean. There is a reason the filter is added, but my question is. Why not on all servers. I must agree, but there might be some younger people maybe even 7 yo people. It should be added on all of the servers, but some of us don't want the filter. I'm agreeing on my statement.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I think that if there's going to be a filter on Skyblock and Parkour, why not everything else? While yes, some people (including me) stick to one gamemode, lots of people are active in all the servers.

I think that while Vaen might be exaggerating the greatness of swearing, it's true that one of the things that set this server's parkour aside for me (in season 1, at least) was being able to swear.

I think that being able to cuss is fine; and as said above, this server does seem to have a higher age demographic than others. It's excessive swearing that got out of hand in season 1, but now bypassing the filter seems just as bad.