Reviewing Pixima - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Pixima, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixima

Pixima Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 3
    Your Minecraft username
    pixima

What server are you applying for

KitPvP

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Charles

Country or Timezone
    Central Daylight Time (CDT)

Discord username chucky#5377

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    I've been playing here on ManaCube since 2015 when it was known as Minevast. I joined here playing Parkour and I found out that you guys had a KitPvP server. I went there and fell in love with the server features and player base it had. I met some great people here and befriended the Kit Staff. My reasoning for becoming staff is to possibly restore the nostalgic feeling and the player experience I had experienced when I first joined and build a better Kit community than what we have now. Kit was one of the Top 3 servers on Minevast for a while and it's sad to say that now, it is the most neglected server on ManaCube. The main problem we have with it now is there are a bunch of cheaters who ruin the game for the non-cheaters. Nobody wants to play Kit anymore because every time they go into PvP there is a server full of hackers running around or there aren't any good features that are interesting or engaging. I would love to see a big change in Kit with an enhanced Anti-cheat, more active staff and a better features overall.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    About 3 years now. I joined the Summer of 2015 before it was called ManaCube.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    4 - 6 hours daily.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    I'm one of the most active KitPvP players and I have great social skills. I know how to communicate with players when there is a problem and when they need help. If I'm not able to help I usually check to see which Kit Staff are on and I try to get them to come on to solve the problem. As a player you should want to help other players because not only does it feel good but it improves your own reputation.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    If I'm being honest, I haven't really been on a staff team since like 2014 and that was for a Factions server. I was Helper then I somehow willed my way to become Mod by being active and helping players with problems. I don't really have any IRL examples either but there are Staff Members who will hopefully teach me what to do and what not to do.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    1) I'm an active player and have been one since I first joined. I get on KitPvP everyday and there has been a consistent player-base but there are hardly any Staff coming on to help out with problems.

2) I'm very helpful. KitPvP doesn't have a /help command nor does it have a tutorial so players often get confused on what does what. I enjoy helping new players because I want them to have a great experience and I'm trying to overall revive KitPvP so I would need more players to play.

3) I'm an understanding person. I feel like everyone should be given a second chance regardless of what they have done in the past. I don't care if you've hacked before or done anything to break the rules, if anyone came to me while I was a Mod or in any position of power, I would try to give them a second chance because everyone makes mistakes.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    The role of a Staff member is an important role and is to be sort of a guidance for the community. Usually they are people you can look up to and they are extremely helpful. A Staff member should be mature, a good problem solver, and an overall nice person who is there to help and cooperate with players and other Staff members.

Are you able to use recording software?
    yes.

Anything else we should know?
    I've created a YouTube channel dedicated to player reports so that if someone gets banned in the future by any of the KitPvP staff then they would be able to view the evidence that was used to ban them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVf6sjtBOcjdeRJuSbujB9Q

:)

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

• Like Like x 1
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  2. SleepyDiva

SleepyDiva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 9
    Hi there,
    First of all, you have met all the requirements, which is great as most players do not. Moreover, you seem like a very mature, and friendly person. The fact that you played ManaCube for 3 years, and you can dedicate 4-6 hours per day shows you understand the importance of this role. You have also put a lot of detail and effort into your answers, and you have put a lot of thought into your answers. Although I have not seen you in-game (I do not play kit-PvP), I furthermore believe you would make a great staff member, based on the answers you have given. +1

Good luck,
    Allie

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Pixima

Pixima Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 3
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!:D

• Like Like x 2
  4. AlyMqrie

AlyMqrie New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    +1 :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wardone

MVP VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  6. sweetener

sweetener Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 14
    +1 gl

• Like Like x 1
  7. KiteBetter

KiteBetter Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 16
    +1 Great application! I would love to see you on the staff team. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pixima

Pixima Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 3
    Thanks for the feedback!:)

9. SunsetMagic

SunsetMagic Network Manager
    Manager MVP+ VIP+ VIP Helper Management QA Team

Ratings:
    +685 / 21
    SunsetMagic
    Hello Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
    Sunset

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.