Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Soooo Idk if anyone has already created a thread on this before, but I wanted to bring up the topic of plot shops. While I am well aware that it's not allowed, I think it would boost the economy in a way and provide a way for players to use different currencies from the normal mana used on auction house.
Some possible ideas for accepted currencies could be cubits, or just mana. I especially find it a bit frustrating when you have to make it known in chat when you are selling spawners, or want spawners to buy. If there were plot shops, then we could just go there whenever we needed something. I would also like to add that if people want to set up their own shop on the plot, they can message the owner of the plot and then pay them in mana as a "rent" fee. I can see how this may cause problems such as what about griefing? Or stealing? Remember that old trick called ./inspect? It wouldn't even require the staff team to do any work as the person who owns the plot can ban anyone who is griefing or stealing. You also might be thinking, what about people not being trusted on the plot? Well there is in fact a command to trust everyone on your plot. (I checked with another staff member on this already) ./p trust all
To make things easier on new players, instead of having to do ./p h [IGN], the plot shop could be a public warp so then the player only has to do ./warp Plot Shop or whatever the warp is called. Again, I don't want to seem as if I'm undermining the staff team or anything, just thought this would be an idea to improve the economy. (if u agree with me, u can just put a +1 and any comments u have)
~StormyEcho~

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
If player shops were to be added, you wouldn't have to trust anyone onto your plot, they'd just have to click the sign on the chest (if this is the kind of player shop you're talking about). But if mana was the currency used to purchase things from the player shops, it would throw off your whole point of "using different currencies".

The auction house basically does all of this, without the hassle of getting plots involved, and is scam-free (aside from the occasional rule breakers who rename items and try to scam players, but they get dealt with accordingly). Another issue, is only players with the perk can set warps, so if new players who don't have access to the command, wish to create a plot shop, they'd still have to advertise it in chat. No one really needs to advertise that they're selling/buying anything, and as long as there's no spam or chat flood, I don't think there's anything really wrong with it.

It's a very nice suggestion, but I doubt it'll be added. :)

_C4OnYourDoor_

ELITE
_C4OnYourDoor_
_C4OnYourDoor_
ELITE
Ratings
15 3
Seen it on other servers and looks good, just dont know how it'll affect this server (Whether it making players being able to rebirth quicker or not)