menaciingly

Forum Expert
ELITE
menaciing
menaciing
ELITE
Ratings
176 20
Skywars would be an interesting concept for the server to tackle, but my only issue is, that's more of a minigame. This server's game modes are mostly focusing on playing and spending time on the server to just... hang around, have fun, and skywars is 1) hard to moderate when it comes to hackers, disrespectful players, cheaters, etc. 2) hard to set up in the case of making everything work, it's a lot of configuration and if the developer decides to make the plugin himself, that's going to take a long time, depending mostly on the freeness of their schedule and how much they know about skywars and how to configure, set it up and etc. 3) hard to get new staff members on. the soft requirement for staff is 50 hours or so, (but it's a soft requirement, so it's not 101% necessary, you'll be denied right away if you don't have that amount of time) but it's a nice requirement for not only players to have but to exceed. It's hard to have 50 hours play time on a game that may disinterest a lot of players and also make them lose their temper over stupid deaths. I'm not saying this shouldn't be a thing. In fact, if the server does decide to turn this into a game, I'd be right on board! But there are major difficulties along the way.

iAlec

ELITE
iAlec
iAlec
ELITE
Ratings
Skywars would be an interesting concept for the server to tackle, but my only issue is, that's more of a minigame. This server's game modes are mostly focusing on playing and spending time on the server to just... hang around, have fun, and skywars is 1) hard to moderate when it comes to hackers, disrespectful players, cheaters, etc. 2) hard to set up in the case of making everything work, it's a lot of configuration and if the developer decides to make the plugin himself, that's going to take a long time, depending mostly on the freeness of their schedule and how much they know about skywars and how to configure, set it up and etc. 3) hard to get new staff members on. the soft requirement for staff is 50 hours or so, (but it's a soft requirement, so it's not 101% necessary, you'll be denied right away if you don't have that amount of time) but it's a nice requirement for not only players to have but to exceed. It's hard to have 50 hours play time on a game that may disinterest a lot of players and also make them lose their temper over stupid deaths. I'm not saying this shouldn't be a thing. In fact, if the server does decide to turn this into a game, I'd be right on board! But there are major difficulties along the way.
Couldn't agree more, the only reason skywars works well on the larger servers is because they have custom anti-cheat worth thousands of dollars in development that protect it and dedicated staff to manage it. Considering this network is starting to become more successful, I could see this game mode coming in the future. But for now, I wouldn't count on it.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Skywars was a thing but got removed. So he isn't gonna add Skywars back probably trust me. IDK if its true but im pretty sure he won't add it back.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
no one hardly played it @novaedream i'm pretty sure. but yes it did have four seasons

Lazarus

VIP+
Rubempre
Rubempre
VIP+
Ratings
43 2
The problem with SkyWars is that in contrast to our current game modes, the rounds of SkyWars are completely separate and, were it to gain traction, would be numerous. This means that the level of moderation required would amount to complete absurdity.

Concerning Nova’s comment, though, I’m sure they would have staff ready to transition were they to reopen the game mode. And yes, I don’t think it’ll come back, unless it becomes in really high demand.