Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello! My name is Quinny and this is my first map submission. I hope you like it, and would love some feedback! I'm very much open to revising or adding onto what I have done.

I decided to make this map off of my love for the color red, in a more natural toned environment to make something a bit more unique in style from a standard nether or cave theme (thus the pun, "Red Rocks": red is my favorite color, as well as a nod to the granite, netherrack, and nether brick that are featured in this build)

Username: s8nQuinny
Map Name: Red Rocks
Screenshots: here (via imgur)
Plot ID: 11;-85 or /plot v s8nQuinny 1
Difficulty: Either Medium/Hard? I'm not quite sure, and here's why--
I love ceiling jumps, which is why every single jump is in this map is a ceiling jump (for me the map is somewhat easy, since they're my favorite).

There are just less than 40 jumps (37 to be exact if I counted right), and there is a sign at the beginning stating that all jumps have a ceiling (via visible block or barrier), and there are no normal jumps. All include a bounce off of a ceiling, no trickery! There is also only one checkpoint, which may contribute to the difficulty.

While all of the jumps are technically ceiling jumps, I believe there is a variety of them (ladder ceilings, diagonals, height differences, etc).

I definitely acknowledge that the map is pretty short for something that may be a bit more difficult for some players, and would be more than happy to add more to it if desired by the Map Judge team! I appreciate any constructive feedback in advance.

Thanks for reading! :D

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello Quinny,

I am sorry to inform you that this map is being rejected! Thank you for being open to constructive criticism, as many people tend to scream at the map judge when their map even slightly criticized. The build is okay, but really could be improved. It's a little bland. Try to add a pop of something interesting to your next build. While the theme is unique and I enjoy your incorporation of your favorite color, I believe that a better and more narrow theme would allow you to build something interesting. I also enjoy your incorporation of your favorite type of jump. However, making it the entire map or even part of the map makes the map repetitive and boring. I understand though why it would be fun to you. Try to incorporate jumps of not only other variety, but also a variation of blocks for the jumps. I understand the point of the barriers in the headhitters; however, try to refrain from having too many barriers and having barriers interfere with the parkour.

Thank you for submitting this map! I hope to see more from you in the future! :D
If you have any questions, you may DM me on here, in game, or on discord! :D

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.