Redstone Alert!! Item Sorters??

Ratings
So, I have a pile of sorter builds that work fine on local singleplayer.
I've tried the same exact builds here on Survival, and for some reason NONE WORK.
1) does anyone reading have a working sorter on Survival? I'd love to see it and understand how it's working.
2) Could it be there's some weird lag issue that breaks redstone clocking?
Desperate to hear what anyone has to say about this; if I can't get a sorting system implemented, there's little reason to play further...
with the state of my inventory, I spend more time looking for stuff and sorting it than actually playing. I've seemingly crossed the theory/practice line in gameplay here.
Thanks in advance.

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Maybe it might be due to the version difference from your local singleplayer world compared to how ManaCube handles different Minecraft versions? That's my best bet....

Ratings
Well, I'm using 1.13.2 on Manacube as recommended, and the same on my vanilla local singleplayer maps...

The ONLY difference I can figure, is maybe there's some sort of server-lag issue involved.

Here's how one of my (healthy!) sorters works:
the sorting (top) hopper passes ALL that falls in it, instead of clocking individual units through...
the locking hopper below it, collects most of a full stack but one item, which is passed to the chest (ONE item in chest!)
The rest winds up in the end-of-line "unsorted" chest.

This is TOTALLY broken behavior. The same build on my local map works perfectly.
Not just the 1-1-1-1-18 (of a type) build, but also the 41-filter-filter-filter-filter builds.
or any other variants I've tried.
Again, if anyone knows a working build on Survival, I WOULD LOOOOVE! to see it! :D

Linkey

PATRON+
Linkey
Linkey
Patron+
Ratings
53 1
have you tried using compariters and hoppers ? ive seen a few that work. However Redstone does not work properly on many however as dedicated survivalist where there is a will there is a way. methods ive seen is filling double chests with every slot with one of the same item for the selected chest, so if you want a chest to be with diamonds that who chest must have a single diamond in every slot so only diamonds will fill that slot.