Release

Ratings
Myself and two friends are eagerly awaiting your fresh Skyblock server.

Ratings
In the servers discord it says, they hope to release skyblock by next Friday/Saturday.
I saw that message in Discord. It was posted by a VIP, not a Mod or Admin. Probably not official.

Last edited:
Ratings
Oh, I didn't see the announcements post, I saw the one in the Skyblock server channel. Any idea if the beta will be staff only?

Ratings
I wanted to submit a plea before the new Skyblock server is released, and request that there be no spawners, or that spawners are extremely rare and hard to get.

Skyblock has been my preferred custom game mode in Minecraft since 2011. I’ve played on several servers, some for multiple years. I’ve seen the best come and go, and I can tell you without a doubt, the reason servers die, is spawners.

I think players and devs can agree, the purpose of Skyblock is to build something impressive out of nothing in a survival environment. The path to acquiring wealth in Skyblock should be challenging. It should take an investment of time and resources to build multiple passive income streams. The top players should have massive islands with giant farms and mob droppers. They should have villager breeding stations with iron golem farms streaming from all corners. These are the type of islands that take months to build, inspire players, and deserve respect.

When I first discovered ManaCube, I played around in “Island” for a few days (which is very similar to Skyblock). I checked the listing for the top players and attempted to warp to their islands to check out their creations. The third-place player had a public warp set up and I was able to visit their island. To my dismay, there were no large farms and no impressive builds. There was a single laggy room with 6 tubes where players could hack and slash trapped mobs for XP. In the blaze chamber, there were roughly 750 blazes waiting to be killed (how many spawners created that many mobs?). I warped back to my own island feeling disappointed, this wasn’t survival. From a visitor’s perspective, there was nothing to admire. From a new player’s perspective, there was nothing to emulate. From the owner’s perspective, what project’s do you look forward to, besides buying more spawners?

That’s the thing with spawners, they remove the need or desire to build any “old school” farms. The passive income and compact designs of a spawner farm outweigh the time commitment and resource requirements needed to construct anything impressive or challenging. Without this challenge, players eventually lose interest, and that’s what inevitably kills Skyblock.

Most of the time, spawners are rewarded from vote keys or purchased via microtransactions. I completely understand the need for vote rewards and microtransactions to maintain the population and health of the server. Rewards such as resources, in-game currency, mcmmo experience, and spawn eggs are completely reasonable (as they are expendable). Microtransactions such as kits, island upgrades, “infinity chest”, or even temporary fly I support as well (although slightly pay to win, they’re mostly quality of life improvements). But when spawners are offered as rewards for vote keys or $3.00 microtransactions, you immediately gimp multiple aspects of what makes Skyblock so fun, and in turn limit it’s longevity.