Reminder

CakeMaker656

Ratings
27 4
Fellow Manacubers,

In these past couple weeks I have noticed how rude people can and will be just to get their way. I have witnessed this happening to others as well as having it happen to myself. What I don't understand is why you all can't be nice to each other. Just because someone says or something to you that you don't like/disagree with, doesn't mean that you have to react negatively to it. There is no reason to call anyone rude names. Since I am aware that I have partaken in these namecalling activities, I would like to point out that I understand when it's in the heat of the moment where you're just so unnerved that you feel you have to say something negative to the other person. However, I have found within these past couple of days that if you would just sit back and walk away, arguments can be avoided. Take a minute to take a breather and come back and express your feelings in a NON negative way. What we don't realize is that even if you don't mean it, negative words towards someone else could go so far as to them not wanting to be alive anymore. We all have things going on in our personal lives. Please be considerate of other's feelings. What seems small to you is huge in someone else's world. Some may not know how to properly address your feelings, so I will provide an outline of a great way to express your feelings.

Outline:
I feel ___ when you ___ because ___ and I need you to ___.

Y'all are amazing human beings and I just wish all this negativity would stop. Hopefully what I am about to say will cause a chain reaction.

To the people who feels like crap about themselves:
I want you to remember that you are loved, even though at times it may feel like you aren't. I promise that it's all going to be worth it in the end.

To the people who are in a depressed state:
If you ever feel as if you can't do it anymore, you can. I promise you that you can make it through this. I know it's hard and the thought that you can survive seems insane, but please just hang on. I may not know exactly what you're going through or what you've gone through, but I know how it feels. You've got this. I promise that if you just wait, it'll get better. The sun will rise again, and so will you. Nelson Mandela once said that it always seems impossible until it's done. I want you to do something. Take a deep breath. Look around. Do you really think that this will all be better without you? It won't. You are important. You are loved. You are beautiful. You are worth it. You are so much more than what you're feeling right now. YOU CAN DO IT. When you feel like quitting, think of why you ever started in the first place. There are hidden blessings in every struggle you go through. There is beauty in everything. You just have to try to see it.

Everyone:
You are never alone. You are loved. You are beautiful. You can do it. I love you all.

-CakeMaker656

gapplegal

SrMod | Wiki Manager
Senior Mod
gapplegal
gapplegal
Senior Mod
Ratings
298 11
Damn. I read it all but that last paragraph was empowering. Thank you for making this. It was much needed

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Hey ya'll

I am a current Art Education College student, the reason why I am stating this is that I have worked with people ranging from ages 5-35 in classroom settings. During my education I've had classes on development and people in general. Everyone process situations differently, some are more prone to speak their mind or lash out towards others... and some are more prone to just sit quietly and ignore the issue. When being a part of such a large online community you will face many, many, MANY different personalities. The exposure is great for growth but can cause conflicts since some personalities just don't mix well together, and that's okay! There's a reason why there is a thread on here called "Olympus is so weird" or something haha, the community just produces the most interesting chat. (btw, I recommend checking that thread, it is funny as heck.)

This post is honestly a great start to this conversation, all chats can have issues buy Olympus tends to be relatively calm compared to others. But I have too noticed that the last week seems a bit more tense that what I remember from before I took a personal break. The best thing that ANYONE and EVERYONE can do is to think their messages out before even opening the chat, anyone can get caught up in the heat of the moment, myself included. But as the fellow Kayla (cakemaker) stated words do carry power and emotions, she is on the right track when it comes on how to speak about your emotions. I personally have become so much more happier as a person when I had the realization that there will always be someone who cares and that there will always be someone to talk to. Find your person. Find your community. There is a place for everyone.

Also, I'd like to state that if anyone is ever upset of having a bad day here's somethings you can do!

If it's in game and you feel as if it is a violation of manacube rules feel free to use /helpop and /report, staff are happy to help every time. If no staff are online you can send the report and evidence to staff ether by using the community discord or by creating a player report/support ticket on the forums. This helps ensure that someone will see it and will see if anything can be done.

You can also use the command /ignore (player name) to not see a players messages in chat anymore, sometimes it is more beneficial than you think to just simply remove things from your experience. This command is not permanent and can always be undone as well. Because once again sometimes personalities just don't mix very well.

Having just a bad day and don't know who to talk to or what to do? My discord (LiLKayla#4335) , in game (LiLKayla, Olympus MOD) , and forums messages are always open! Everyone has bad days and if anything it makes me happy to know that people feel comfortable going to others for help. I'm always happy to help or just to have a conversation. Sometimes is the one thing you need to perk up your day.

(Also it's proven that just sitting outside or going for a walk can help better your mood, I know that all we want to do is sleep and play games, but PLEASE remember to take care of yourself. Listen to HAPPY music, dance, exercise, DRINK WATER.)

Online communities offer an outlet for everyone for multiple different reasons, put yourself in others shoes and try to remain as positive as possible even if it seems difficult from time to time, Love ya'll. <3

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
It's too frequent that I see vicious toxicity and flame wars amongst players in parkour, I can only imagine how it's like in the other servers. It takes guts to say what you stated and I appreciate it so much, it needed to be said! Hopefully everyone that reads this thread has a slight change of heart by the end of it and starts to prevent the scattering of such hate speech and negativity through the network. Truly, thank you! :)