Rejected rubics cube| Hard/medium | by yuvtan

Status
Not open for further replies.
rubics cube | Hard/medium | by yuvtan | 43 jumps | 6 checkpoints | /plot v yuvtan 2\
note:for some reason every sign I wrote was with white letters I didn't meant to
2019-11-22_14.15.25.png

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Unfortunately there is already a rubiks cube map.

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
Read above, as well as, for me the build isn't that good. It's bland to me and the parkour wasn't that fun. Whenever you get a theme idea, I'd suggest viewing the Google Doc with all the used themes on the PARKOUR tab in the Mana Cube forums to make sure it's original. Goodluck <3

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Adding onto the above, a few of the jumps are far too hard for an easy, such as the ladder headhitter to the fence below you with a block above; that has to be done either A. with many tries, or B. using a very specific and rather complicated strategy for an easy map. Otherwise, I think the map was still quite fun, although repetitive (try adding in more blocks like ice, soul sand, heads, trapdoors, etc). Good luck!

Keep in mind, I am not an official map judge; take my review as that of a normal member of the community <3

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello yuvtan,

Unfortunately I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is not original, as there are already two maps based on rubiks cubes. Please read over the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build isn't very good, as it is very simple and blocky. I do understand though that it's hard to add much shape and definition given the nature of the theme.
The parkour is quite repetitive. You used a lot of ladders, normal blocks and fences. I would recommend experimenting with a larger variety of blocks and items when building jumps. It will make your map more enjoyable to complete.
The parkour is also quite confusing. I would suggest trying to have a clearer path for the parkour, as well as adding more signs indicating where to go, or placing something like a different coloured carpet, to make it easier to understand.
You also used a lot of barriers, try to avoid using an excessive number of barriers where possible, as this can make the map a bit messy and confusing. I would also suggest placing something on the barriers, such as item frames to show where they are, as I previously mentioned, barriers can make the map quite confusing.
The length and difficulty are good for a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.