Runoff of another persons question

Klobasa_CZ

MVP
Klobasa_CZ
Klobasa_CZ
MVP
Ratings
51 2
In a recent post someone said ketchup on hotdogs yes or no, but I have a question similar to that: Do you like sauces when you eat stuff in general? My family has said I’m weird all my life because I like eating all my hamburgers without sauces or stuff on it besides cheese and meat, along with other stuff, is it weird or normal?

Calari

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Calari
Calari
MVP+
Ratings
150 7
It's not weird. ;)
A lot of the time, sauces are so strong and highly favored,
that they cover all taste the main ingredient would have on its own.
And if you got a nice taste without any "added flavor", just enjoy it, as it is. Easy.
If you want another example:

Potatoes (any kind) taste great just steamed, maybe some salt to taste,
but nothing to rival the sometimes rather faint taste of the vegetable.
Slowly sweat some onions in a pan till sweet, add them, and it's already difficult to still taste the tater.

You can make the same argument for Salad, freshly baked bread,
or a carrot, right out of the ground, super tender and definitely sweet (cause not fully grown^^).

I conclude:
If anything, you're simply more culinary open minded than your family.

Now take on this challenge:
Prep some food (that they generally like, e.g. potatoes) but usually
eat with highly flavored sauces or other dishes.
Make sure they did not eat or drink anything with a strong taste before hand.
Then let them have a taste,
only offering salt and pepper on the table. Maybe they like it. At least a little.^^
And if not, you tried.

Good luck, Calari

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Personally, I’m a super fussy eater, so I rarely touch sauces or additional items on burgers/hot dogs too, my family also think it’s weird, but I’m on like a very extreme level of fussy.

Cheese however, is a beautiful creation and should be praised for it’s existence, and for making our pizza less plain tasting.

Klobasa_CZ

MVP
Klobasa_CZ
Klobasa_CZ
MVP
Ratings
51 2
Personally, I’m a super fussy eater, so I rarely touch sauces or additional items on burgers/hot dogs too, my family also think it’s weird, but I’m on like a very extreme level of fussy.

Cheese however, is a beautiful creation and should be praised for it’s existence, and for making our pizza less plain tasting.
YES this is exactly how I feel, like the same exact way haha

Sephyrin

MVP+
Sephyrin
Sephyrin
MVP+
Ratings
48 1
Okay, I responded to the other thread, but this is a totally different answer. I don't like sauces if they aren't meant to be there? I know lots of people eat their fries with ketchup, but I just can't. It wasn't cooked like that. But burgers that come with a sauce as standard I'm more comfortable with. Except for BBQ. BBQ is disgusting. Pies, casseroles and other dishes that need a "liquid" such as a sauce or gravy are totally fine, but any liquid additions are not okay with me. Salt is fine, but only on carbohydrates. And pepper? It's a no from me.

Cheese, however, is a gift from the gods and should be revered as such.

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
You're telling me you are walking to a shop and go get that sauce off boi, Especially Small burger shops that have delicious secret sauces. Thats just how I see it,

But Hey if you wanna do that enjoy it :) It's just personally not for me and I respect that.

Klobasa_CZ

MVP
Klobasa_CZ
Klobasa_CZ
MVP
Ratings
51 2
You're telling me you are walking to a shop and go get that sauce off boi, Especially Small burger shops that have delicious secret sauces. Thats just how I see it,

But Hey if you wanna do that enjoy it :) It's just personally not for me and I respect that.
Thanks for the comment, and yea I do that, although we don’t have really burger shops here where I live I just go in to fast food places and such and get everything that usually comes on it off, which is why everyone thinks I’m weird, I never really considered hidden sauces that could be amazing, but I probably still won’t shoot for trying it because of the ones I don’t like already:p

Klobasa_CZ

MVP
Klobasa_CZ
Klobasa_CZ
MVP
Ratings
51 2
OKAY BUT THE BEST SAUSE is that weird "chick fil a" Sauce that all restaurants have that for some reason is always named really weird like "signature sauce", "zaxbys sauce", or "house sauce"
EVERYONE around the area I live LOVES that sauce, I find it quite amusing how many people around here actually don’t even eat certain things unless they have that sauce to go with it, I find it funny you bring that up, thanks for the good smile haha