Server lag due to 1.13

Should 1.13 be blocked on survival???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ratings
Due to the new update on 1.13 and 1.13 players being able to join the server, this creates a problem with new water mechanics. A hotfix to this problem would be to not allow 1.13 players to join the server. I have seen many players talking trash about the server due to this lag and I feel the blocking on 1.13 clients of survival would reduce stress on packets.

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
1.13 support was added since several players were requesting it and it means you can connect without changing versions. However, 1.13 is not recommended as it does not support/work with everything yet. If you or anyone else are having problems, don’t use 1.13.

Due to the new update on 1.13 and 1.13 players being able to join the server, this creates a problem with new water mechanics. A hotfix to this problem would be to not allow 1.13 players to join the server. I have seen many players talking trash about the server due to this lag and I feel the blocking on 1.13 clients of survival would reduce stress on packets.
funny meme

AxerionTheDoom

PATRON
AxerionTheDoom
AxerionTheDoom
ELITE
Ratings
Personally blocked is saying it should never be implemented.. I don't think they can roll back survival to 1.12.2 now that it has been patched to 1.13.. I mean might be possible but could be worse.. I prefer things should progress and try to fix the 1.13 cause I think 1.13 will be interesting when the kinks are fixed
[DOUBLEPOST=1533705494][/DOUBLEPOST]But I have seen the bugs you mentioned and Dacon knows so hopefully they can straighten them out

Minedilplays

Ratings
Wouldn't it be better to have beta testers working on a different server with the same map and plugins be better for the playerbase, that wants to play without severe lag, and then just implement the update when it's near perfection? Saying this for 1.14 onwards.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Wouldn't it be better to have beta testers working on a different server with the same map and plugins be better for the playerbase, that wants to play without severe lag, and then just implement the update when it's near perfection? Saying this for 1.14 onwards.
thats called the QA team and its already a thing. How do you get it? I DONT KNOW!

Commodore_Sheep

PATRON
Commodore_Sheep
Commodore_Sheep
Patron
Ratings
Personally I don't think 1.13 is the main issue for the lag at the moment it is network issues and if I'm right in thinking if someone is running 1.13 surely it will just cause lag for the client. As the plugins will just ignore the 1.13 clients due to them seeing the version number of the client or this could just be implemented into the code of the plugins to check versions as this is technically quite simple todo.

Ratings
Lag has been a big issue since Survival 3 at the very least, I do not think it’s from 1.13 alone, although that could be contributing to the issue.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Lag has been a big issue since Survival 3 at the very least, I do not think it’s from 1.13 alone, although that could be contributing to the issue.
its 1.13 and it wasnt a big issue since survival 3. Because i was fine and i had 0 lag

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
yes i played survival 3 and i had 0 lag. It was because i have a very good pc.

Commodore_Sheep

PATRON
Commodore_Sheep
Commodore_Sheep
Patron
Ratings
I have found the server lag only appears after around 3/5 hours of uptime which is normally fixed by the AUTO restart. And the server get laggy when the proxy has not been reset in a while but that is Server wide I believe.