Reviewing Shinxray - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Shinxray, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinxray

VIP Mapper

Ratings:
    +71 / 0
    Your Minecraft username
    Shinxray

What server are you applying for

Parkour

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Lucas

Location (or timezone)
    France (CET UTC+1)

---------------------------------------------

Why do you aspire to become staff?
    Since I came on this server, I've notice there is a lot of « bad » people who spam, insult, advertise and conversely, some people who ask some help without any mods can answer them, especially during empty hours for North America.
    I've noticed also the french community is really present on the server (In any case, a lot on parkour.) and there is any french helpers or french mods which can help them.
    I want to become staff because there is so many people that I will like to help more easily, I already try helping people a lot, but sometimes, I have no way to help them quickly, and without staff member connected on the server.
    Helping people is one of my priority, and become a staff member will permit me to help them with more facility and rapidity.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I play on Manacube since September 2017.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    4-10 hours a day. I'm basically more active a week-end than the rest of the week.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    Patience : Patient is really important to have for a staff member ; I've already been exposed to a lot and long help case or simply doing bigs paragraphs on the forum (For example, I had fun to make reviews of certains maps, those put me a lot of times to do but I didn't really care about how many time this took me.)
    Helpful : Every staff member need to have this capacity, it's true, but I put this here because I think I have contribute a lot on parkour recently for helping people : I've made a parkour list (Which I update frenquently !), amelioration suggestions, review of certains parkour (It's been a while since my last review on the forum, but I've the intetion of redoing them, plus now I review them more often directly on parkour), I've help some people blocked on a parkour...
    Availability : Like write above, I can play a lot in one day, I can be here for like 14 hours in one day during vacations. Moreover, I'm really present on the server (Almost 500 hours since 2.0 Parkour) and I've a lot of time for helping the best and the most people possible.
    I can add that I'm from a country without staff member speaking the language (I think ?), but I think you have understand this already.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I don't really have experiences as a staff member on Minecraft. I get on with some mods in one of the biggest french minecraft server (Funcraft), whose I try to help them some times, helping them listing all names of reported players, given there is a lot of cheaters on the server and then a lot of people to report and list. I get on also with some mods of Manacube, for example Fishy, which I like helping her to judge a submition sometimes (I love doing this, I want more maps to judge, give me more maps judge, please ?).
    I don't really have experiences in my daily life which can help me for staff ; given that I'm someone rather reserved, who prefer helping people on something which I have experience.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    Knowledge : It's been since only 7 months I come on Parkour, and however I've learn a lot of thing ! I have learn a lot watching other people, building maps or only by curiosity. Thanks to all of this, it's pretty easy for me to give advices about a build (Thanks Parkour list.), to find a map through the log if someone need help (Which explain why I win frequently Parkour and seek.. Whoops.), or thing more simple, explain how to pass some jumps, give some commands to people or know rules present on Parkour. I have also the benefit of being a mapper with one of the biggest number of accepted maps, which give me some experience and confidence to help beginner in building a parkour.
    Helpful : I've already put this attributes before, but here, it's more being in someone else's shoes, it's really important during conflict between two or more players, to weigh up the pros and cons of each person to be the most accurate in case of sanction.
    Honest : I am really far away of being perfect, I don't have the best spelling for example, I know that I've some deficits and I accept them. I know that every staff member need to be honest ; I always try to give the truth, because anyway, I don't know lie, and I hate lying. If one day It's happen that I lie, it's either by irony or by mishap, but never for a bad intention.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    For me, a staff member is someone which you can have confidence with him. He have a role of leader and permit to guide player if needed and solve some differents conflict remaining impartial on the affected persons. He have to be mature in appropriate moments, in other words, he have to control himself, be serious in importants moments (He can be less serious in peaceful moment.) and remain patient even in hopeless case.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, I use ShareX.

Anything else we should know?
    I would like to had in my application, my main deficits, given that we need to put our qualities, I don't see why not putting our deficits ! This permit to learn more thing about me, so I can improve myself a maximum !
    Speechless : Given that I'm french, my english is not perfect. I think I'm quite good in writing (I've maybe done a lot of mistakes, I know.), but I have some trouble at speaking (Trouble that are not only due to the different language, but because I've also some difficulty also in French ; I'm sometimes anxious when I talk because I think a lot before talking.).
    Lazyness : I hesitate to put this deficits, because yes, I'm really lazy, but when there is something interesting to do and I like doing, my lazyness dissapear instantly. Moreover, given that I'm lazy, frequently, I've nothing to do a lot of times, so I've some times to help other people.
    Anyway, thanks for reading this, if my application is rejected, I will be not hopeless at least I have tried, I will try to ameliorate myself and maybe try again a next time !

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

• Like Like x 3
    • Cookie Cookie x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  2. Its_Donut

VIP

Ratings:
    +105 / 2
    +1, good luck!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Catmaster2000

Helper VIP

Ratings:
    +104 / 5
    yes baguette 1++++

• Like Like x 1
  4. JiggleJigglePop

MVP+ VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +129 / 27
    +1
    You are a great player within the community. I see you help others most of the time and dedicate your time on manacube. And I know that you really care for the server. Keep doing that! Good luck my friend! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. NoHacks2345

Donator+

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    NoHacks2345
    Hey Shinxray,

You are very active towards the community. I think you would be a fit staff member. I have seen you help out other players. I have seen you create awesome maps that other players really enjoy playing. And respectfulness from you and the other fellow staff members. I know you can dedicate a good amount of time to the manacube network. And keep doing that because that would be great!

I am saying this because usually, a lot of players do not make detailed applications, which are most of the applications that are still open today. I just hate it to see that players do not take their application seriously, and think they're going to get accepted with that low amount of detail.

I'd just like to say, that I am going to give you a +1 today. Because I know you can handle this staff role, I know you are motivated to do fabulous things for the community. Hopefully, if you get to move on the reviewing stage, you will have a good chance of being accepted. Keep being respectful to other players and staff, keep doing what you are doing. If you are going through hard times, just imagine your best self. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  6. Joeyism

MVP VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +166 / 9
    oh sure +1 ur a cool cat mapper

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Skolyx78

Skolyx78 Active Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    I think that if you stop putting iron traps doors in your maps I will give you a +1

No seriously I like your application and I can confirm what you say in your application and I see you as a Staff member so +0.9 because of iron traps doors.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Txilsy

VIP Donator QA Team

Ratings:
    +277 / 2
    Heya Shinx,

I happened to lurk around on the forums and when I noticed that you applied, I just had to stop by!

You've always been very friendly and helpful despite your English not being perfect. That never stopped you however, you've always been very dedicated and if I say so myself, you have really grown as a person and player. It has always been fun to talk to you and I honestly miss those times :c That's my fault though, but you stayed a dedicated player and amazing mapper. It'd be interesting to see you on the staff team and I know you'd do great! One wish I always had for you is to become a map judge and I secretly wanted to work beside you. Your maps are outstanding and you're doing a great job sharing your knowledge. So yes, you're helpful, knowledgeable, active, honest and everything else you stated in your application.

I wish you the best of luck, keep on doing what you're doing and I hope to steal a hug from you again soon! ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  9. Smithicent

MVP+ MVP VIP+ VIP

Ratings:
    +254 / 21
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aiko Lem

Aiko Lem New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    +1! good luck! hope you get accepted!

• Like Like x 1
  11. AustinFRG

AustinFRG New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    +1
    Not only your application is great, but you joined the site in 2017, that's great.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jxson

MVP+ MVP VIP

Ratings:
    +121 / 5
    One of my few mancube favourites. +1 from me buddy :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  13. SunsetMagic

SunsetMagic Network Manager
    Manager MVP+ VIP+ VIP Helper Management QA Team

Ratings:
    +648 / 20
    SunsetMagic
    Hello Lucas,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.
    The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
    Sunset

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.