Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey XAlpaca_23! A lot of people are, just like you, getting bothered by the shouts. It's already been suggested to have a command to toggle shouts, so there's a big chance that Dacon will take this idea in consideration!

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
I personally don't think that there should be an option for it to be disabled. Shouts were a driving factor for lots of people. Elite rank isn't cheap and allowing players to ignore one of its main features would be like a slap in the face.
I enjoy shouts, but I understand how they could be annoying. In my opinion though, they aren't too bad, it's just slightly larger chat.
^
Also adding on to it I know there are people who abuse it but I promise it only gets better for the longer it is out as we can deny those players access to it. I feel like It kind of connects the community across the network just a simple "hey!" coming from parkour is awesome to myself.

I do see the validity in having a setting to disable shouts but I feel like there's no point in having /shout if everyone can just mute it.

Ratings
^
Also adding on to it I know there are people who abuse it but I promise it only gets better for the longer it is out as we can deny those players access to it. I feel like It kind of connects the community across the network just a simple "hey!" coming from parkour is awesome to myself.

I do see the validity in having a setting to disable shouts but I feel like there's no point in having /shout if everyone can just mute it.
Elites may have earned their rights to /shout but everyone who either have a lower rank or don't have one at all aren't very fond of it. In my opinion, shout just seem like a flex and at first people enjoyed it but it has became annoying to people over time.

I agree with you Surge, but maybe /shout isn't really my thing.

A global /mute would probably be better than a "/shoutmute" though.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
It was discussed at one point in time. However, from my recollection I do not believe it will happen. Solely because it would take away from having the ./shout perk if everyone could mute it.

However, this does not mean the idea will not be reconsidered in the future!

Ratings
Certain people get annoyed from the shouts and some don’t, the don’t part is what keeps shout alive and doesn't ruin the whole idea. But I understand that some of you don’t agree but as I said a global /mute would be nice for muting certain people.

Last edited: