Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Username: s8nQuinny
Map Name: Shrine Festival
Plot Warp: /plot v s8nQuinny 1
Difficulty: Hard(Edit: Maybe Expert, due to the number of jumps?) (I think there may be tweaks that need to be made to the parkour, but maybe I just need some fresh eyes on the map!)
# of Jumps: ≈90 (this is subject to change as I am going back to fix some things that Tasses suggested, thank you!)
Screenshots: here (via imgur)

Hello all! This is my map "Shrine Festival", themed after the Chinese New Year festival. It has two dragons, fireworks, and a whole lot of lanterns!
My goal was to make something really beautiful and detailed, and I think I've at least achieved that on the exterior! I had a lot of fun making it.
I think I've put a lot into this map all at once without some official feedback, so I'd love to see what the Map Judges think. Any and all *constructive* criticism from the community is greatly appreciated! :)

Areas I think that have room for improvement:
  • Shrine interior decor
  • Jump difficulty matching the "hard" placement I was aiming for.
  • Jump variety and placement, incorporating better flow between the jumps and the build.
Thanks for some help from CaptainGabi for helping test the parkour, and minor feedback from some others along the way :)

EDIT: I have made some changes to the map that may not be seen in the photos that will hopefully bring more variety to the parkour, but I think it will need more changes upon review from the Map Judges.

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello s8nQuinny,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is slightly unoriginal, as we have a few maps similar to this (JapaneseCastle, CalamityShrine.)
The build is really well-built, and it is very attractive! There are plenty of details to be seen throughout, so good job on that! However, there are so many details that it appears a bit messy. I can see that you put a lot of effort into this, though!
The parkour is the main concern. It doesn't really fit either the hard or expert difficulty; it's somewhere in the middle. I do see this being a hard map, so maybe try reducing the amount of jumps and nerfing the parkour a little bit. There are also quite a few exploits, which are labeled below (green being the right path, red being the exploit)
1581869690131.png

1581869723224.png

1581869751720.png

The parkour also does have a lot of variety, which is great! It was also quite interesting to play. However, there are quite a few places where I didn't know where to go. I highly encourage you to resubmit this map with the changes I described, because this could have a lot of potential!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.