• Stats
  • EnderChests & Player Vaults

What will not be reset:
  • Ranks
  • Perk Chest perks
  • Mana Shop perks
  • Sell Wands
  • Titles
  • Kingdom Perk unlocks (Will have to re-buy with in-game money though)
  • If you purchased ancient/legendary keys after June 12th, they will be re-sent to you upon 5.0 release

RELEASE DATE: SATURDAY, JUNE 17TH 1:00PM EST

FINAL WEEK CONTEST

On Friday, June 16th I will be locking stats like Island Level, player balances, etc. and be rewarding the top players on the 5.0 release with custom titles and a unique reward chest.

The reward chest will include random rewards, a free island expansion and a custom tag for your achievement.

The following people will get the reward chest

- Highest Leveled Island
- Most Money
- Most Play Time
- Highest McMMO Power Level
- Most Mob Kills done (lifetime)
- Most Mob Kills done during this week only (Type /mobkills to see leaderboard)

Here are the new things you can expect to see in 5.0

Warzone & Envoys

The new Warzone is attached to spawn and has 12 unique islands. If you get knocked into the void you will be teleported back up and have a Posion II effect on you for 4 seconds.

Envoys will happen every 250 votes the server gets. (1 person can vote 5 times every 24 hours, so if 50 people vote an Envoy will be triggered).

You can also manually trigger envoys buy purchasing signal flares from the Mana Shop and on our Webstore.

When an envoy event occurs, around 50 chests will fall from the sky on all of the islands. Fireworks will shoot from these chests every 5-10 seconds to make them easier to find. There are 3 tiers of chests you can find, with various loot including custom enchantments, diamond/gold blocks, money, exp bottles, rare equipment & armor, etc.

You can see when an envoy is starting from votes in your sidebar

Merged Spawners & Omni-Spawners

In 5.0 you can now stack your spawners together, similar to how mob stacking works.

This will vastly improve client FPS performance for people with lower end computers while near grinders/big islands, and also will also increase your average mobs/min you get from grinders.

Example: 10 individual iron golem spawners would get you around 220-230 iron golems every 5 minutes
10 stacked iron golem spawners would get you around 600-700 iron golems every 5 minutes

You can also combine spawners to create an Omin-Spawner! You can combine up to 3 different spawner types, and they will spawn all 3 mobs. Simply right click a spawner with another spawner to create one.

If you right click your spawner you can see how many mobs it has spawned total, and what spawners are a part of it if it is an Omni Spawner

Synced & Upgradeable Hoppers

You can now upgrade your hoppers to increase how fast they go, their suction rate/range, and how many items they send every tick.

You can also sync your hoppers to other hoppers/chests - even if they aren't attached!

Left click a hopper to open it's interface. If you want to remove it you'll have to shift while breaking it.

Mana Shop Updates

I've changed the prices of some of stuff in the Mana Shop, and added new things seen above

7 In-Game Leaderboards & Personal Stats GUI

You can now view the top 27 players for 7 different categories by typing /leaderboard or right clicking the leaderboard NPC at spawn.

You can also view your personal statistic for over 30 categories by typing /stats or visiting the stats NPC at spawn.

Auction House Categories

We've added categories to the auction house, to allow you to quickly find what you're looking for

Island Border Expansions

With our new island world, we've vastly increased the distance between islands.
The default starting island borders has been increased from 100x100 to 150x150

You can buy Island Expansion packs on our store (when released) to increase your island borders to 300x300, 450x450 & 600x600!

** List of other updates

• New Starting Island: Tree House (Made by _Drakey_)
  • New Spawn
  • Default max team size changed from 15 to 8
  • Starting companion is now an Iron Golem. Will help fend off mobs, just don't piss it off
  • Sell Wands are now a glowing stick instead of a blaze rod (to prevent accident selling)
  • Falling off your island now teleports you to the last block you were on and gives poison I for 15 seconds
  • Added cooldown to /fix command bought from Mana Shop (not donator perk)
  • Removed teleport warmup
  • Player Vaults now support items with NBT tags
  • Fixed npc's despawning bug
  • Bunch of bug fixes

Last edited:

Speediare

Forum Master
MVP+
Ratings
668 9
Dang, these are some cool updates. Can't wait for them! I see the auction house categories from Survival are also coming over. Nice. It's sad that I won't be able to get on during the release (due to vaca), but I will be on a day or two later. Great job! So much hype. I also wish the best of luck to the winners of those tags and chests. ;):D

EDIT: Also, I'm going to be playing a lot more of Skyblock. :rolleyes:;)

Last edited:

OneOfAKind

Donator
Ratings
Guessing this supports all versions like all other servers, what will be the recommended version?

Aidan622006

VIP
Ratings
72 2
Awesome!

Ratings
All of the updates look good, my one dislike is that my island is being reset. I just wanted to know if the following bugs are being fixed; You cannot drop items on people islands(this may be an update but I am unsure), the looping teleport glitch, and finally, when some people log off, their chest lockettes are expiring immediately. If you can get back to me on that it would be great, they are all quite bothersome.

Ratings
I'd suggest a plugin cleanup for useless plugins, or highly unused plugins. I also suggest not using a ton of plugins that rely on the BukkitScheduler, it seems like the host that the skyblock server is on might have memory leaks causing the looping teleport glitch and other problems skyblock may have. The only real reduction of lag on skyblock is more ram, but if it's not an option for getting more than you can reduce plugins as I mentioned before.

PS The Bukkit Scheduler is what runs on the servers ticks or if you will the servers time

jkljoshh

Forum Expert
MVP+
jkljoshh
jkljoshh
MVP+
Ratings
192 43
Tbh this isnt about skyblock but I would really play islands alot if it didnt reset :/
[DOUBLEPOST=1497383654][/DOUBLEPOST]
All of the updates look good, my one dislike is that my island is being reset. I just wanted to know if the following bugs are being fixed meme; You cannot drop items on people islands(this may be an update but I am unsure), the looping teleport glitch, and finally, when some people log off, their chest lockettes are expiring immediately. If you can get back to me on that it would be great, they are all quite bothersome.
agreed.

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,746 83
I'd suggest a plugin cleanup for useless plugins, or highly unused plugins. I also suggest not using a ton of plugins that rely on the BukkitScheduler, it seems like the host that the skyblock server is on might have memory leaks causing the looping teleport glitch and other problems skyblock may have. The only real reduction of lag on skyblock is more ram, but if it's not an option for getting more than you can reduce plugins as I mentioned before.

PS The Bukkit Scheduler is what runs on the servers ticks or if you will the servers time
Plugins using BukkitScheduler ≠ Lag, unless a plugin is poorly optimized/not async
More ram ≠ less lag, unless the server has a bad memory leaks, more ram will just delay the lag (we dont have memory leaks on SB). More ram is basically just good for things like supporting more players

you wouldn't notice any difference if we ran skyblock off 2gb of ram vs 32gb (unless we had hundreds on SB). Anything more than 16gb can actually sometimes cause lag spikes too

A Skyblock server is mostly CPU intensive on mob spawning and redstone/hopper dotick

with our new spawner plugin we cache locations so minecraft doesn't have to loop through all blocks everytime to find a location to spawn the mob. It also should directly go into a stack rather than spawning, then going into a stack (2x more efficient)

any lag you probably would notice on 4.0 would be coming from either
A) While the server is backing up. In 5.0 this process is much more efficient. We're using 250% compression instead of 125% compression and doing it at a slower rate. Due to the high compression \ the total backup would be much smaller in size, taking the same amount of time.

example
Before: 120Mb/10s - total size: 20gb
After: 20Mb/5s - total size: 5gb

B) Proxy lag, we do actually have some memory leaks (being fixed) on our proxy, and if I forget to reboot the proxy at least once a week servers can get pretty laggy

C) Redstone, we now have a plugin based off this algorithm idea for redstone, and redstone related lag has basically been eliminated from 4.0 (and 5.0)

D) Congestion/ddos attacks/network hiccups etc.
Really out of our control, but we are with a high quality ddos protection provider. Don't think we've been offline from a ddos attack since before last summer.

Ratings
Plugins using BukkitScheduler ≠ Lag, unless a plugin is poorly optimized/not async
More ram ≠ less lag, unless the server has a bad memory leaks, more ram will just delay the lag (we dont have memory leaks on SB). More ram is basically just good for things like supporting more players

you wouldn't notice any difference if we ran skyblock off 2gb of ram vs 32gb (unless we had hundreds on SB). Anything more than 16gb can actually sometimes cause lag spikes too

A Skyblock server is mostly CPU intensive on mob spawning and redstone/hopper dotick

with our new spawner plugin we cache locations so minecraft doesn't have to loop through all blocks everytime to find a location to spawn the mob. It also should directly go into a stack rather than spawning, then going into a stack (2x more efficient)

any lag you probably would notice on 4.0 would be coming from either
A) While the server is backing up. In 5.0 this process is much more efficient. We're using 250% compression instead of 125% compression and doing it at a slower rate. Due to the high compression \ the total backup would be much smaller in size, taking the same amount of time.

example
Before: 120Mb/10s - total size: 20gb
After: 20Mb/5s - total size: 5gb

B) Proxy lag, we do actually have some memory leaks (being fixed) on our proxy, and if I forget to reboot the proxy at least once a week servers can get pretty laggy

C) Redstone, we now have a plugin based off this algorithm idea for redstone, and redstone related lag has basically been eliminated from 4.0 (and 5.0)

D) Congestion/ddos attacks/network hiccups etc.
Really out of our control, but we are with a high quality ddos protection provider. Don't think we've been offline from a ddos attack since before last summer.
True, forgot about ddos attacks, and the ddos protection during a ddos attack and how it has to route traffic differently making stuff slower, I also don't know much of the problem cause I've not been on in a year+ but yea just going off hear say. I also forgot about the server backups, those can be hefty on the server. If you have hefty plugins that skips ticks, plugins can get pushed to a bit, but seeing as you mentioned the proxy having memory leaks I'm sure once that's fixed the server will run 100x smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.