Skyblock Competition Idea

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
I think that for Skyblock season 7, there should be a new competition for top islands. Every 1 - 2 weeks, people on the top three islands could get a prize of 5, 10, or 15 cubits (alternate prizes for top islands could be PayPal money or store credit or something). There would be a limit to how many people could get the prizes though. Like, if there were 15 people on the #1 island then maybe only 3 to 5 people could get the 15 cubit prize. But if there were only 2 people on the #3 island, then they both could get the 5 cubit prize Also, if an island stays on the top three islands for a month or more, there should possibly be another prize on top of the regular prize (like a special tag). But it has to be consecutive, it can't just be total time on island top. This means that if they spend less than a month on island top (3 weeks or something), and they get knocked off the top three island tiers, then their time is reset and they have to start over.

The reason why I say this should be added in Season 7 is that currently, it seems like Season 6 is pretty stale. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen much island growth lately. I think that would create an unfair advantage for the people who are already on top because other people might struggle a lot to catch up to them. If this were added in Season 7, it would be a fresh start for everyone and people wouldn't have that struggle to catch up.

Last edited:

Selfoccate

VIP+
VIP+
Selfoccate
Selfoccate
VIP+
Ratings
149 13
Personally I think the part about 'every 2-3 weeks' isn't a great idea, because the server would be losing money. I did the maths and that would work out that if they did the competition every 2 weeks they would be giving out $720 a year or $60 per month, which is a lot of money. However I do agree there should be a /is top competition on skyblock and islands

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
Skyblock seasons are typically only 6 to 7 months long in the first place, which is why I suggested that the winners are announced every 1 to 2 weeks. If winners were announced every month, for example, that only creates 6 or 7 chances for people to win the /is top competition. That isn't very many chances when you take into account the number of people who play regularly, or when you take into account the number of people who would go for the prize.

I can see where you're coming from though, this would be a lot of money to just give out. It wouldn't be too hard to tweak, though. There could be minor changes to Skyblock and to this competition that make it harder to attain the prizes but still fair for everyone.

Ratings
I personally think that this is a very good idea, and provides more incentive for playing and grinding that game.

Ratings
12 5
I believe that this is a good idea, but not well thought out. I do believe that it will keep players on, all because they want that high island level, but it will create a clear line between the top 10 players and everyone else. because the top players will skyrocket because they are being paid to be good. I believe that if the prize wasn't as large as 5, 10, and 15 cubits, it would keep people racing, and if there was another parameter such as you can only win X amount of times, before it stops rewarding you and rewards the next top player.

Ratings
I personally think that 5 cubits is... A lot. I think this is a good idea, but as Maxwe said, it may bring in some issues not seen before. I love the idea of being rewarded for hard work though. :D

Wilbo

Dedicated Member
Ratings
87 9
I think that for Skyblock season 7, there should be a new competition for top islands. Every 1 - 2 weeks, people on the top three islands could get a prize of 5, 10, or 15 cubits (alternate prizes for top islands could be PayPal money or store credit or something). There would be a limit to how many people could get the prizes though. Like, if there were 15 people on the #1 island then maybe only 3 to 5 people could get the 15 cubit prize. But if there were only 2 people on the #3 island, then they both could get the 5 cubit prize Also, if an island stays on the top three islands for a month or more, there should possibly be another prize on top of the regular prize (like a special tag). But it has to be consecutive, it can't just be total time on island top. This means that if they spend less than a month on island top (3 weeks or something), and they get knocked off the top three island tiers, then their time is reset and they have to start over.

The reason why I say this should be added in Season 7 is that currently, it seems like Season 6 is pretty stale. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't seen much island growth lately. I think that would create an unfair advantage for the people who are already on top because other people might struggle a lot to catch up to them. If this were added in Season 7, it would be a fresh start for everyone and people wouldn't have that struggle to catch up.
im is top 4th but if i updated id be higher so people might have backups and i know nick does

Mushey

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mushey
Mushey
ELITE
Ratings
69 1
When even is skyblock reset?