Rejected Spiral Islands [Medium]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Map (spiral islands) took roughly a week to make and i am very proud of it. i used world edit as help.

By: Monkeyfragger70

Helpers: n/a

2019-10-08_14.48.15.png

2019-10-08_14.48.06.png
2019-10-08_14.47.46.png
2019-10-08_14.47.46.png
2019-10-08_14.47.27.png

i think this should be an medium map because it is relatively short and has a few annoying but fun jumps.

amount of jumps: 40-45

ID: -72;-24

sorry if the checkpoints on signs weren't the first line, i didn't notice it before i looked at the rule.

also if i make another map, how do i obtain barrier blocks?? it would be helpful since in this map i could have extended it and made it a harder difficulty but i needed barrier blocks. :p

LeiSkule

Dedicated Member
Mapper
LeiSkule
LeiSkule
Ratings
50 2
My Map (spiral islands) took roughly a week to make and i am very proud of it. i used world edit as help.

By: Monkeyfragger70

Helpers: n/a

View attachment 18550
View attachment 18551 View attachment 18552 View attachment 18552 View attachment 18553

i think this should be an medium map because it is relatively short and has a few annoying but fun jumps.

amount of jumps: 40-45

ID: -72;-24

sorry if the checkpoints on signs weren't the first line, i didn't notice it before i looked at the rule.
good map but typically floating islands are not accepted because it is unoriginal

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
178 5
Hey Monkeyfragger70,
like the others said, the theme is not original as there are already a few floating islands maps, but it's still not impossible that your map gets accepted! It's a bit too long to be an easy, so it would be better to put it as a medium map. In the tower its a bit messy so I would rather you to add some signs where to go. In the end i will give this map a -0.
I hope for you the map is getting accepted ;D and have fun on Manacube,
Mika.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Monkeyfragger70,

Unfortunately I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme of floating islands is a very overused theme. In the future, please check the document in this thread https://www.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your theme is original before building & submitting a map.
The build is good. The tower and the bridge leading to it are well built. I can see you put a lot of effort into the build, so well done!
The parkour is very repetitive. It mainly consisted of single blocks, with some ladders. In the future, I would recommend experimenting with different blocks and items when you build jumps, to give your parkour more variety. This makes the map overall more enjoyable to complete.
The map did have some floating jumps, there aren't too many but try and avoid those in the future as it makes the map look a bit more messy.
The length was a bit long for an easy map, but the difficulty suits well. I'd suggest reading over this thread https://www.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/ when building jumps so you can make sure it fits the guidelines.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.