Staff of the Month

Ratings
Hi there,
I've played a lot of servers but this server as quickly become my favourite . As it is such a small server everyone seems to know everyone from the different gamemodes and it such a nice community . The staff put in a lot of effort to keep the server like this and when we were talking about this in the oasis skyblock server ( I'm not going to take credit for the idea because I didn't see who came up with it but I didn't see it posted up here ) we were thinking there should be somewhere were players can vote for there fav staff member or something since a lot of people are thankful for what they do

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
I agree, there already is a staff of the month but its chosen with no voice of the players. I definitely think there should be a vote for the players to select a staff of the month!

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
Howdy!

I’m late to this thread, but that’s ok. As @LiLKayla mentioned, we currently do have SOTM, which can be found in the monthly announcements here on the forums! (https://forums.manacube.com/forums/news/).

I agree, there already is a staff of the month but its chosen with no voice of the players. I definitely think there should be a vote for the players to select a staff of the month!
I believe this was suggested before, however my personal opinion would be to keep it a staff only vote, purely for the reason it’ll keep things unbiased. As a team, we all work together and get along well, and personally I find it very encouraging to vote for other staff, in hopes of them being awarded SOTM, as it’s a little extra motivation and it’s nice to cheer our teammates on, and wish them success. In a real life work environment, some places do have SOTM “contests” and it’s never the customers that vote, but the team, or the management.

However! I wouldn’t be against a player-driven vote. It’s always great hearing feedback from the community, as it’s mainly the players that we interact with 99% of the time. I’d urge you to bring your suggestion to Feature Upvote, to see what other members of the community think! Here’s the link: https://manacube.featureupvote.com

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
Howdy!

I’m late to this thread, but that’s ok. As @LiLKayla mentioned, we currently do have SOTM, which can be found in the monthly announcements here on the forums! (https://forums.manacube.com/forums/news/).

I believe this was suggested before, however my personal opinion would be to keep it a staff only vote, purely for the reason it’ll keep things unbiased. As a team, we all work together and get along well, and personally I find it very encouraging to vote for other staff, in hopes of them being awarded SOTM, as it’s a little extra motivation and it’s nice to cheer our teammates on, and wish them success. In a real life work environment, some places do have SOTM “contests” and it’s never the customers that vote, but the team, or the management.

However! I wouldn’t be against a player-driven vote. It’s always great hearing feedback from the community, as it’s mainly the players that we interact with 99% of the time. I’d urge you to bring your suggestion to Feature Upvote, to see what other members of the community think! Here’s the link: https://manacube.featureupvote.com
Yeah I was thinking maybe one vote that was players only and another that was staff only. It would just be cool to see what the community thinks

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
I agree, there already is a staff of the month but its chosen with no voice of the players. I definitely think there should be a vote for the players to select staff of the month!
I feel like the problem with that is if you moderate a smaller gamemode you will never win compared to someone moderating olympus or sb I just don't think it's fair overall as you would get to know your gamemode's staff a lot better than any other.

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
I feel like the problem with that is if you moderate a smaller gamemode you will never win compared to someone moderating olympus or sb I just don't think it's fair overall as you would get to know your gamemode's staff a lot better than any other.
Yeah but then everyone would have equal, I’d get to know my parkour staff, while SB players would get to know their SB staff so they’d all have equal votes. Or you could be like me and branch off into other servers to say hi lol

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
Yeah but then everyone would have equal, I’d get to know my parkour staff, while SB players would get to know their SB staff so they’d all have equal votes. Or you could be like me and branch off into other servers to say hi lol
Yeah, but the proportion of players is different for say someone could be the best staff member and be on creative or kitpvp and they don't get the players like the other gms (not hating on them)

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
Yeah, but the proportion of players is different for say someone could be the best staff member and be on creative or kitpvp and they don't get the players like the other gms (not hating on them)
I get that, for gamemodes like Parkour and Olympus and Skyblock, they have so many players so the staff there get a lot more exposure then say, a creative staff. Therefore they’d get more player votes

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I think it would be nice for players to have some input into staff of the month.