Staff Requirement Possible Change

Ratings
I possibly plan on becoming a staff in the future, so I decided to look at the requirements and tips and so on. Looking in the requirements section, I saw "at least 20 forum posts," and I dont feel like this makes too much sense. It starts to make more sense if you plan on becoming a moderator or admin and so forth, but for something as simple as a helper (something I wish to be) it doesn't feel necessary. It also could be because I'm new here and just don't understand yet. Thanks for reading! ;)

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello,

Friendly reminder, don't forget to post your suggestion here: https://suggestions.manacube.com/

I understand where you're coming from, but all staff should be involved with the community, and the forums are a good opportunity for staff to interact with everyone from the community. <3

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Unique suggestion!
However I believe it is quite necessary as familiarity with the forums is a requirement of staff, and 20 posts is 20 statements from that applicant, which can show a lot about someone’s character.
Just my take on it though :p

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Thank you for expressing your opinion on this, however I don’t believe this is likely to change in the near future at least.

The main reasons we like seeing applicants active on the forums (as @Anxii_ mentioned), is so we can see how the person interacts with other members of the community. As stated in the requirements, in some cases we do accept applicants who have less than 20 forums posts, but those reasons do vary. Ideally we’d like applicants to attempt to meet - or better yet, exceed - the set requirements.

As ManaCube staff, we look for activity on all platforms no matter the role. Forums activity is just as important as in-game activity in my opinion, as there are members of the community who come here to share their opinions, report issues, ask/answer questions, and get to know/interact with other players. I understand that to some people 20 posts is a lot, especially if there’s not a lot of threads you can comment on daily, but in my opinion, it shows great patience and willingness for someone to try to achieve this, whether they’re applying for staff or not.

Members of the forums deserve just as much help and attention as members on any other platform within ManaCube. Plus, the forums is probably my personal favourite place! ;)

Ratings
Thank you for expressing your opinion on this, however I don’t believe this is likely to change in the near future at least.

The main reasons we like seeing applicants active on the forums (as @Anxii_ mentioned), is so we can see how the person interacts with other members of the community. As stated in the requirements, in some cases we do accept applicants who have less than 20 forums posts, but those reasons do vary. Ideally we’d like applicants to attempt to meet - or better yet, exceed - the set requirements.

As ManaCube staff, we look for activity on all platforms no matter the role. Forums activity is just as important as in-game activity in my opinion, as there are members of the community who come here to share their opinions, report issues, ask/answer questions, and get to know/interact with other players. I understand that to some people 20 posts is a lot, especially if there’s not a lot of threads you can comment on daily, but in my opinion, it shows great patience and willingness for someone to try to achieve this, whether they’re applying for staff or not.

Members of the forums deserve just as much help and attention as members on any other platform within ManaCube. Plus, the forums is probably my personal favourite place! ;)
Yeah, I've started to understand as much by now, I was just baffled that you needed to be active on the forums of all things. Maybe I just haven't looked into applying to staff all to often, as I dont know if this is a normal thing or not. Guess ill try to be as active as possible!

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
Yeah, I've started to understand as much by now, I was just baffled that you needed to be active on the forums of all things. Maybe I just haven't looked into applying to staff all to often, as I dont know if this is a normal thing or not. Guess ill try to be as active as possible!
In my eyes being active on the forums is important for staff to be able to respond to tickets. Respond to ideas and other factors. On top of the need of being active to help people out. Being active on the discord is also really important for staff.

SRTAndrew

ELITE
SRTAndrew
SRTAndrew
ELITE
Ratings
14 1
I possibly plan on becoming a staff in the future, so I decided to look at the requirements and tips and so on. Looking in the requirements section, I saw "at least 20 forum posts," and I dont feel like this makes too much sense. It starts to make more sense if you plan on becoming a moderator or admin and so forth, but for something as simple as a helper (something I wish to be) it doesn't feel necessary. It also could be because I'm new here and just don't understand yet. Thanks for reading! ;)
This 100% applies to me too. I believe I surpass most of the requirements except for the "at least 20 forum posts" one. The reason they have that requirement is because they want to make sure that the people applying are used to responding and socializing with all kinds of people across the different game modes and whatnot. Another reason is because they want to make sure that their applicants are active as well as aware of the different discussions and opinions they might encounter.

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
This 100% applies to me too. I believe I surpass most of the requirements except for the "at least 20 forum posts" one. The reason they have that requirement is because they want to make sure that the people applying are used to responding and socializing with all kinds of people across the different game modes and whatnot. Another reason is because they want to make sure that their applicants are active as well as aware of the different discussions and opinions they might encounter.
Indeed. They also need staff to be active on the forums to handle tickets.

SRTAndrew

ELITE
SRTAndrew
SRTAndrew
ELITE
Ratings
14 1
Ditto

SRTAndrew

ELITE
SRTAndrew
SRTAndrew
ELITE
Ratings
14 1
its slang for "agreed" or "same"

Kimesu

MVP+
Kimesu
Kimesu
MVP+
Ratings
I can see where you might be coming from but, you also have to understand that ManaCube has quite a huge community. People are bound to have questions, or have found bugs etc. So, having active staff on forums/Discord helps insure that players get their questions answered and get help with whatever situations that may arise!

Etho246

MVP+
Etho246
Etho246
MVP+
Ratings
Honestly, I believe it is important that it is an important requirement. It's important for any staff member to be active everywhere possible to answer/help others as much as possible.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Coming from the top forum poster here; When I applied for staff way back when, It was hard to get 20 posts. But being active and communicating with the community more opened me up and I got super into the forums. Just express yourself and you'll be fine

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
On all the online forums I actively use, I am one of the top posters (with 5,360 messages on one platform and 3,000+ on the other), and that very well might be the case here. Take my word; 20 forum posts is relatively easy, as long as you are actively trying to help others, which is a requirement for the position of staff. I encourage you to become even more active than that, as well; the online forums are, more often than not, a very different community than in-game!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I agree with Geshultz. For one, I am mainly active on the forums and in game for Aether, but I don't go on the discord often. It makes sense for staff having to be on discord as much as the forums, because it's where reports are filed as well. Not just the forums. But yes, being active on the forums is very important. I really don't think the 20 forum post requirement will change. However, it is sorta unclear what counts as a post. I am pretty sure forum games do not count towards the 20 posts, but what would count then?

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
I agree with Geshultz. For one, I am mainly active on the forums and in game for Aether, but I don't go on the discord often. It makes sense for staff having to be on discord as much as the forums, because it's where reports are filed as well. Not just the forums. But yes, being active on the forums is very important. I really don't think the 20 forum post requirement will change. However, it is sorta unclear what counts as a post. I am pretty sure forum games do not count towards the 20 posts, but what would count then?
In general the posts that count are: Anything non-related to forum games, your staff application posts or posts on other staff applications. Everything else counts towards the 20 post limit.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
In general the posts that count are: Anything non-related to forum games, your staff application posts or posts on other staff applications. Everything else counts towards the 20 post limit.
Ah, okay thanks. I wasn't really sure because some people may have the 20 posts, but a lot of them were from forum games. (Even tho participating in forum games is important, there are other places that are more important ig?)

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
Ah, okay thanks. I wasn't really sure because some people may have the 20 posts, but a lot of them were from forum games. (Even tho participating in forum games is important, there are other places that are more important ig?)
In general informative posts like guides are the most preferred postings or helping out players.