Suggestion: /chatreport

Adding a /chatreport command is a good idea

• Total voters
Ratings
2 1
Hi everyone!

I've recently been noticing a lot of players breaking the chat rules, especially on Skyblock since the chat rules are very strict. It gets exhausting to screenshot the chat, upload it to a 3rd party website and then to report it to staff without having much result.

That's why I would love to see a /chatreport command. Basically how it could work is to simply type /chatreport <player> <reason> and the chat logs from that player get sent to staff somehow, showing them what offence they have commited. It would be ideal if staff had access to a private region on the forums where these logs per player would be sent, so they can punish people from a distance.

A simple but very helpful command, I'd personally love to see this added.

- RMST1

KhiteBuilds

VIP+
KhiteBuilds
KhiteBuilds
VIP+
Ratings
I really like this, and I feel like a similar system could potentially be successful, but this has some issues.

The only issue I really see with this is how hard it would be to implement. Some major questions come up about this, such as where would the chatlogs go? They can't be ingame, or else moderators can't see it later when none are online. Then, how much of chat would they capture? Parsing an individual player's messages would be intensive on whatever has to constantly run it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Plus if they're permanently stored somewhere, that's unneeded work for moderators to handle when you could just report it yourself. They really shouldn't have to look two places to handle reports. If they aren't stored somewhere, this just becomes a redundant version of /report.
Also, it's incredibly simple to report someone, even with screenshots. It takes 5 minutes, tops.

All in all, while this is a cool idea that I could see working if implemented in a different fashion, I don't think it's something like this, and that the old reliable is better for now. Nonetheless, if you have other ideas, make sure to share them!

Ratings
2 1
I really like this, and I feel like a similar system could potentially be successful, but this has some issues.

The only issue I really see with this is how hard it would be to implement. Some major questions come up about this, such as where would the chatlogs go? They can't be ingame, or else moderators can't see it later when none are online. Then, how much of chat would they capture? Parsing an individual player's messages would be intensive on whatever has to constantly run it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Plus if they're permanently stored somewhere, that's unneeded work for moderators to handle when you could just report it yourself. They really shouldn't have to look two places to handle reports. If they aren't stored somewhere, this just becomes a redundant version of /report.
Also, it's incredibly simple to report someone, even with screenshots. It takes 5 minutes, tops.

All in all, while this is a cool idea that I could see working if implemented in a different fashion, I don't think it's something like this, and that the old reliable is better for now. Nonetheless, if you have other ideas, make sure to share them!
Where would the chatlogs go?
I used to play on a server where this command was used. The reports would go to the forums where the chat messages of the plaintiff would be displayed with bolded letters. The mods then used their protocols (which all staff had) to decide whether or not this player had to be punished. Putting it on a seperate section on the forums would store it in the same way as all forums posts are stored, so I don't think that'd be a problem.

Adding it in-game would be harder since the chat has limits of scrolling and staff would be punished, so I do understand why this would not work.
How much of chat would they capture?
If it were to be implemented, I'd think that about 30 seconds of recording the chat would be fine, since someone will only /chatreport someone right after this person breaks the rules.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
sorry to ruin this idea but its very bad as of we have /report and /helpop