Dedicated Member
ELITE
OakiiDoakie
OakiiDoakie
ELITE
Ratings
112 11
Hey,

Do you guys any ideas or suggestions what I can build, I will be trying to make a 2x3 plot. Please give me some themes, small builds and just general ideas. I will be aiming for B!

Thanks, regards,
Oak <3

RozaThePanda

MVP+
MVP+
RozaThePanda
RozaThePanda
MVP+
Ratings
160 7
Heyo Oak,

Seems like we have the same plans. I'm also currently building my B/B+ plot - just a 2x2 though.

I will personally be giving it a medieval theme, this means that I have plenty of landscape around my plot. I have an ocean, rivers, waterfalls, valleys, hills, and mountains etc. I will also have a dock by the ocean, mineshafts, boats, flora all around. The main pieces of the build will be the castle in the middle and the small villages around it.

Some tips for when you're making your plot:
- Keep in mind that you want to make it as realistic as possible. This means going around smoothing grass by hand, having plenty of trees and foliage.
- Try to have a way to get to everything. It gets a bit odd when you build random houses that someone would have no way to walk to.
- Have different biomes/landscapes, one side may be ocean while one has a rocky mountain. Maybe you'd rather have a mountain blocking off the desert. Point is, try to mix it up a bit.

Most importantly though, HAVE FUN! The more fun you have, the better the build will become. Don't focus on the grade, focus on the build and the grade will follow <3

Roza

OakiiDoakie

Dedicated Member
ELITE
OakiiDoakie
OakiiDoakie
ELITE
Ratings
112 11
Heyo Oak,

Seems like we have the same plans. I'm also currently building my B/B+ plot - just a 2x2 though.

I will personally be giving it a medieval theme, this means that I have plenty of landscape around my plot. I have an ocean, rivers, waterfalls, valleys, hills, and mountains etc. I will also have a dock by the ocean, mineshafts, boats, flora all around. The main pieces of the build will be the castle in the middle and the small villages around it.

Some tips for when you're making your plot:
- Keep in mind that you want to make it as realistic as possible. This means going around smoothing grass by hand, having plenty of trees and foliage.
- Try to have a way to get to everything. It gets a bit odd when you build random houses that someone would have no way to walk to.
- Have different biomes/landscapes, one side may be ocean while one has a rocky mountain. Maybe you'd rather have a mountain blocking off the desert. Point is, try to mix it up a bit.

Most importantly though, HAVE FUN! The more fun you have, the better the build will become. Don't focus on the grade, focus on the build and the grade will follow <3

Roza
Interesting, I really like your idea, I'm thinking of some overgrown jungle with medieval theme then, what do you think about that?

RozaThePanda

MVP+
MVP+
RozaThePanda
RozaThePanda
MVP+
Ratings
160 7
I would be extremely excited to see a build like that. I've had thoughts about overgrown builds before, but always dismissed them due to the challenges it brings along with it.

I personally find building overgrown things extremely hard since you need to somehow build a good structure and then overlap it with a layer of foliage, trees, and more. You also need to keep in mind the extra blocks you'll need - adding mossy cobblestone and mixing it with normal cobble for example.

It's an extremely nice build when pulled off correctly, although, I've personally stayed away from it because of the challenge. But if you're up for it, give it your best shot!