Sxschaa
ELITE
Ratings
  • Username - Sxschaa
  • The Archer
  • 2019-10-03_05.15.22.png
  • /plot h Sxschaa 3
  • Difficulty (obviously) - Insane
  • Number of jumps - 70 (all are on the difficulty Insane and barely leave space to be easier than that)
  • Additional Information:
  • I mostly fixed any exploit on this map, so if you try this map, please don't try to exploit somehow and then say "there is barriers everywhere!!!" that is on purpose to prevent people from just skipping it how they want.
  • I also did test every jump one by one, so i know that everything is possible in 1.8 and even 1.12.2, it was important to me that everything works even for people who don't play on 1.8, if you "bug" in an Anvil just right click it and you will be able to do the jump "easily" *cough*

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
+0.5. The build is absolutely stunning, amazing job on that. The main issue is the length; Insanes are usually twice as long as this one, even if the jumps are a lot harder, so I'd suggest you nerf a few jumps and try to, at the very least, get it past 100 jumps. You could also try to go for Hard or Expert instead.

Definitely agree there, which makes it definitely a map I've never seen with as much detail.
Best check out 2B then ;)

Kxll

ELITE
Sxschaa
Sxschaa
ELITE
Ratings
+0.5. The build is absolutely stunning, amazing job on that. The main issue is the length; Insanes are usually twice as long as this one, even if the jumps are a lot harder, so I'd suggest you nerf a few jumps and try to, at the very least, get it past 100 jumps. You could also try to go for Hard or Expert instead.

Best check out 2B then ;)
thank you for the feedback! the problem for me is that i always try to push myself (and probably also active Insane Players) to the limit, so i add hard jumps that are "short" but.. you maybe saw the Jumps or tried to do them, none of them is easy to classify as Expert or lower and for me it is like impossible to build Medium/Hard/Expert, my only other map is QuackyTheDuck on Easy, which is basically the easiest i could think of (and still it is harder then most Easy maps to me) like i said, thanks for the feedback! :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Sxschaa,

Your map has been put into REVIEWING. The theme is definitely original, as there are no archer-themed maps, well done! The build is absolutely splendid. The attention to detail, complexity, and size are breathtaking, fantastic job! The only thing partially holding back and putting it into reviewing is the parkour. The difficulty definitely fit the insane difficulty, but, there were some issues with it (pertaining to some overly difficult jumps and length). I was really enjoying the map up until the ending part when you're on the arrow's shaft (picture below). I found this part to be repetitive (with most jumps just being dispensers, cobble walls, slime), but, it had some very interesting jumps (ex: the cobble to slime with a fence on it to dispenser). I would suggest making this part more varied like the parkour before it (which was very entertaining and difficult). I definitely felt unsatisfied when I finished the shaft portion and was teleported to the end, I was expecting something more because I was having a great time. We do not reject maps for their length, if it feels like it's right for the difficulty, the length is not heavily considered. But, in this case, I really believe adding more jumps, not to meet the requirement, but to give a more satisfactory ending would definitely bring the map from a good map to a great map. Also, I think nerfing the two jumps I've shown below would be good (I found them unnecessarily annoying but possible) The thread shall be locked, if you need to contact me if you have any questions or if you fixed these minor issues, do so through the forums, discord, or in-game.

Arrow shaft:

Nerfable jumps:

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Sxschaa,

Your map has now been ACCEPTED. You did exactly what I asked for and added more segments to the parkour that really brought everything together. There were only some jumps I had to change a bit (only one or two). Absolutely fantastic map, hope to see more submissions from you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.