The Fall of Manacube

Ratings
I think a big thing is communication. I honestly never know what the rules are. There are a bunch of hidden rules I don't even know about. You look at the list of the Official rules are clearly stated. But then you start getting all these rules that you have to ask personally from mods. who sometimes don't even know the rules them self. Its quite annoying. One mod tells you one thing. Another mod tells you the other. Every rule needs to be clearly stated and explained in a post not just some of them!!! I never know if I am ever breaking the rules. I shouldn't have to ask a mod about the rules. I should be able to look it up on the forum post about the rules. Rules shouldn't just be added and no one knows about it. We should be notified when some rules have changed. When new things have been implemented.

The communication with this is really bad and needs to be worked on.

See I agree with this because now today there is a new afk rule that none of us got informed about and when another mod asked for us someone another staff member said that it is best to use discretion about things like this. Personally that is not how this should work if we have to know all the rules we should be let in on rule changes and be able to see them.

Cedis ♡

MVP
Cedis
Cedis
MVP
Ratings
49 5
I understand admins review support tickets and what not but quite a bit of the time they have to ask dacon himself to help which leads to like 2 months of waiting or no responses at all sometimes without even needing dacon, takes that long. Having a support ticket team, with most things not needing dacon would be helpful. I understand some things like needing to deal with certain store things and what not require dacon but literally 2 admins control support tickets and they're not very efficient in my own opinion.

Cedis ♡

MVP
Cedis
Cedis
MVP
Ratings
49 5
I think a big thing is communication. I honestly never know what the rules are. There are a bunch of hidden rules I don't even know about. You look at the list of the Official rules are clearly stated. But then you start getting all these rules that you have to ask personally from mods. who sometimes don't even know the rules them self. Its quite annoying. One mod tells you one thing. Another mod tells you the other. Every rule needs to be clearly stated and explained in a post not just some of them!!! I never know if I am ever breaking the rules. I shouldn't have to ask a mod about the rules. I should be able to look it up on the forum post about the rules. Rules shouldn't just be added and no one knows about it. We should be notified when some rules have changed. When new things have been implemented.

The communication with this is really bad and needs to be worked on.
.. I agree, I made a suggestion thing to have a list of all the unlisted rules or whatever. Like I got yelled at to change my Nick cuz it wasn't allowed and it was literally a 1 letter Nick. They told me it's against one of the many rules not on forums. Like what you mean

xEricL

MVP+
xEricL
xEricL
MVP+
Ratings
80 5
More of that grade-A unprofessionalism I was talking about...

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 12.04.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 12.04.40 AM.png

I'm glad our donator money has been going to good use, Dakota.

Cedis ♡

MVP
Cedis
Cedis
MVP
Ratings
49 5
@450airsoft,

One thing you mentioned interested me; If Dacon truly didn’t care what the players wanted, and the opinions of the community, why on earth would he spend time creating a website dedicated to specifically player suggestions, and a bi-monthly forum thread announcing all the suggestions being turned into additions for the server?

As I mentioned above to iFlame, there is no way for you to know what is communicated amongst staff, and some information isn’t ready to be disclosed to either mods, or to the community as a whole. Most if not all of the updates are added either in the #updates channel in the community discord, here on the forums, or by typing /updates in-game.

The recent lag spikes and network wide lag HAS been addressed, and IS being looked into. We don’t have any updates on it yet, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t being worked on. Some of the commands as you mentioned, are purposely disabled, and some of them are being worked on, but the levels of importance seem to change daily as players seem to expect solutions immediately.
I agree certain things can't be announced but if there was a way to view the things being working on that aren't confidential, such as fixing trench, then we should be informed like on a new page or whatever ranking like progress of each update or whatever, and if anything is confidential, like working on a reset, then it doesn't get mentioned. IDK just a random thought.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
I agree certain things can't be announced but if there was a way to view the things being working on that aren't confidential, such as fixing trench, then we should be informed like on a new page or whatever ranking like progress of each update or whatever, and if anything is confidential, like working on a reset, then it doesn't get mentioned. IDK just a random thought.
If Dacon was constantly updating the progress of plugins and fixes, there would be hardly any actual progress made on them.

There already is a place where you can view the progress and information aimed at players, that being the #updates channel in the community discord, the “updates” tab here on the forums, and /updates in-game.

_C4OnYourDoor_

ELITE
_C4OnYourDoor_
_C4OnYourDoor_
ELITE
Ratings
15 3
I couldnt agree more with Flame, yes its a reset and its going to have problems but it shouldnt have problems that take in some cases 3 weeks to fix. Either hire more devs or just shut the server down because you've made so many people quit already and you're just making the server die. Hope this is a real wakeup call because at this rate in a months time you wont have many people playing

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
What the server is experiencing currently, is network lag that has been here for ~5-7 days which is being worked on and has already been addressed previously by Dacon. In terms of the in-game bugs/glitches, we are very much aware of them, and we are constantly reporting issues, not all of them have been around from the release of season 2, some of them are recent, but ALL of them are being looked into.

We are not ignoring the fact that there are issues on the server, but of course the state of Olympus isn’t at it’s peak currently. Less than a month ago, Olympus experienced a total reset, where everyone’s progress was set back, and also huge, game changing new additions and changes have been added. There will most definitely be issues, nothing will be entirely perfect at all times, however there also aren’t immediate fixes to these kinds of things. The main concern at the moment is the network lag, once a permanent solution has been worked out for this, then Olympus will be the main concern again - The server is still playable, whether or not there are issues within the server, it doesn’t ultimately prevent you playing, it may alter your experience slightly as some things still need to be worked on and refurbished, but the server is still accessible.

Every single server you find, will experience issues that take a while to fix and come to a proper solution. Every update that the players need to know can be found in the much afore mentioned places and ways. While we completely and utterly understand each and every one of your concerns and opinions and frustrations, we still require patience and trust that things are being worked on. If there are any notable changes, they are documented in any and all of the updates areas throughout ManaCube (whether that’s the forums, in-game or discord).

Constant updates and tracking the progress of issues aren’t always reliable; for example when Trench was first disabled, Dacon suggested a rough estimate of 36-48 hours and when it surpassed this, that’s all the Olympus community spoke about. If we did update players with the progress of every single issue, then there would be no progress made on the actual reparations, and/or if for instance something goes wrong and something must be delayed, there will just be complaints. We’re trying our best and we understand that we can’t make everyone happy, there will always be complaints, no matter what happens.

Whether it’s Trench, or Mob drops, or the tinkerer, there will always be people who are unhappy with how things are at the moment, but what you need to understand is Dacon and the staff members have lives too, there are a lot of bugs, so it will take a lot of time in order to deal with everything, but that doesn’t mean that the server is dying or that nothing is being done just because you don’t see what’s going on behind closed doors.

I very, very strongly urge you to take a look through all of the available ways to view updates, if you know of a bug and are unsure if anything is being done, report it to a member of staff, or report it here https://forums.manacube.com/forums/bug-reports/. We really appreciate the patience, and we don’t like the bugs and issues any more than you do, however we just have to remain patient and trust that things are being done - If Dacon truly didn’t care like most people are implying, then the servers wouldn’t get new seasons, the new additions and changes wouldn’t be added and worked on, the staff wouldn’t report any bugs as there’d be no point. The players don’t see the work that we as staff members do to try and ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience on the server. We appreciate all of the feedback and love hearing opinions, but all we ask in return is for respect, patience and cooperation.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
1554190774680.png
this might #help you guys!

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
More of that grade-A unprofessionalism I was talking about...

View attachment 12820 View attachment 12821

I'm glad our donator money has been going to good use, Dakota.
Staff permissions were down briefly due to Dacon switching everything into a new plugin. They are currently back up, and any further issues will be looked into and dealt with. All of the players who saw this as an opportunity to break rules without consequence, have now been punished or are being punished.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
Every rule needs to be clearly stated and explained in a post not just some of them!!! I never know if I am ever breaking the rules. I shouldn't have to ask a mod about the rules. I should be able to look it up on the forum post about the rules. Rules shouldn't just be added and no one knows about it. We should be notified when some rules have changed. When new things have been implemented.
This has been a thread since May 23, 2016 - https://forums.manacube.com/threads/manacube-network-official-rules.6943/. In some cases, depending on the offence staff must base their actions on context and personal opinion, hence why you may be hearing different things in certain cases. Everything stated in that thread are the official rules in which you must follow on ManaCube.

If a member of staff asks you not to do something, or to stop doing something. Trust them, they know what they’re doing. If you feel you’re being unfairly punished, you can always either submit a mute/ban appeal, or file a staff report here on the forums if you feel a member of staff is abusing their powers.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
Not to be mean but I do have to disagree with the mods being informed because many of the mods that players have talked to especially on Olympus are not fully informed on what is going on. Most of the points I made were about Olympus especially about the communication issues.
Because in those cases, players are asking us when Trench will be enabled, or when certain things will be fixed - We manage chat and in-game behaviour, we are not in charge of fixing the plugins and issues within the server.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
I'm more of wanting to work hard for a unmute but I do know where staff and players are coming from. But I have to disagree with the players and agree with the staff.

xEricL

MVP+
xEricL
xEricL
MVP+
Ratings
80 5
The point is that if a server is bringing this much revenue in, there is no excuse for broken donor rewards & broken staff permissions, at the very least.

The premise that "Dacon and the staff have lives outside of ManaCube too" is an invalid claim because you don't have to be a no-life to run a successful business.

Whether it's a Minecraft server or a restaurant; if there's money to be made, hire more people to keep the business running as efficiently and as smoothly as possible so that it is making the most profit it can by prioritizing customer satisfaction.

This whole "defend Dacon till I die" attitude you guys have is nonsense.To me, it's absolutely clear-as-daylight that if there's money to be made, money needs to be invested, so that more money can be made and customers can be satisfied.

If I were to walk into a McDonald's right now and tell them that I am unsatisfied with the degree to which they fried my chicken nuggets and that they're too dark or too light or too crispy or not fresh enough, not a single employee would try telling me that I'm wrong or that the chef in the back has other priorities; the same applies here.

You can learn this stuff in a high school level business & economics textbook; it isn't rocket science.

That being said, perhaps people are actually working 24/7 day-in & day-out fixing every previously-listed issue, and ManaCube isn't being put on the back burner — the players just aren't told about it because it's "confidential", and for the sake of the argument, I'll just pretend like that even remotely makes any sense & as if you guys were working for the Pentagon. Alright then, that's understandable, and the frustrated players are just very misinformed. But isn't that a problem in and of itself? Isn't our frustration directly fueled by a lack of communication of the highest order? I'd say so.

In the end, none of this really matters. Many players are already leaving the ManaCube network, and they're bringing their money with them. Regardless of what you believe, regardless of what I believe, I think we can all agree that something needs to be done. If you don't want to take our word for it, that's fine. Don't listen to your top donators & players; that's your prerogative. But when revenue starts to drop heavily, it'll be you, not I, who'll be asking " what happened!?", and ultimately, it'll be you, not I, who'll be losing out on a great business opportunity.

AlfieJay

Parkour Mod+ | Survival Mod
Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10
Hey, so I'm bored of other staff giving really formal responses so I'm just gonna put it bluntly

The point is that if a server is bringing this much revenue in, there is no excuse for broken donor rewards & broken staff permissions, at the very least.
The global staff permissions were down for a few hours whilst Dacon changed the bungee permissions plugin used in order to prevent lag, which is one of the main points of the original post: http://prntscr.com/n6y53y

The premise that "Dacon and the staff have lives outside of ManaCube too" is an invalid claim because you don't have to be a no-life to run a successful business.
Honestly no clue what point you tried to prove here. If you think staff don't have lives outside of this you're really wrong. Staff are not paid and do their job for the fun and chance to aid the community (in most cases at least) so we don't see this as a business. We're not going to treat this as a full time job like the first half of what you says implies. I do agree with the second half of the statement, that you don't have to be a "no-life" to run a successful business

Whether it's a Minecraft server or a restaurant; if there's money to be made, hire more people to keep the business running as efficiently and as smoothly as possible so that it is making the most profit it can by prioritizing customer satisfaction.
PLEASE stop treating this like a business. WE'RE NOT PAID, nor do we consider ourselves employees so please stop treating ManaCube as if it's any other business

This whole "defend Dacon till I die" attitude you guys have is nonsense.To me, it's absolutely clear-as-daylight that if there's money to be made, money needs to be invested, so that more money can be made and customers can be satisfied.
We don't "defend Dacon until we die", we can just understand that he's a busy guy. Yes he can sometimes mess up, but so does anyone who has to work really hard whilst trying to please the community

If I were to walk into a McDonald's right now and tell them that I am unsatisfied with the degree to which they fried my chicken nuggets and that they're too dark or too light or too crispy or not fresh enough, not a single employee would try telling me that I'm wrong or that the chef in the back has other priorities; the same applies here.
OMG STOP COMPARING US TO A BUSINESS. Also you don't pay directly to have Dacon make you something or fix something. The money helps the server stay up and you get extra donator perms for paying the money. The money isn't dangled in front of him to make him fix stuff, it's to help the server stay online. So for the love of god, STOP COMPARING US TO BUSINESSES

You can learn this stuff in a high school level business & economics textbook; it isn't rocket science.
Okay?

That being said, perhaps people are actually working 24/7 day-in & day-out fixing every previously-listed issue, and ManaCube isn't being put on the back burner — the players just aren't told about it because it's "confidential", and for the sake of the argument, I'll just pretend like that even remotely makes any sense & as if you guys were working for the Pentagon. Alright then, that's understandable, and the frustrated players are just very misinformed. But isn't that a problem in and of itself? Isn't our frustration directly fueled by a lack of communication of the highest order? I'd say so.
I think this entire thread needs to click this link: https://manacube.com/updates
It literally tells you every change that Dacon makes to the server, so enough with "oh, there's a lack of communication" because THERE IT IS

In the end, none of this really matters. Many players are already leaving the ManaCube network, and they're bringing their money with them. Regardless of what you believe, regardless of what I believe, I think we can all agree that something needs to be done. If you don't want to take our word for it, that's fine. Don't listen to your top donators & players; that's your prerogative. But when revenue starts to drop heavily, it'll be you, not I, who'll be asking " what happened!?", and ultimately, it'll be you, not I, who'll be losing out on a great business opportunity.
Yeah, so the "we're loosing players" claim is kinda rubbish: http://prntscr.com/n6yi1n http://prntscr.com/n6yij6
Also don't think I missed that little bit about being a business because STOP COMPARING US TO NORMAL BUSINESSES

Okay thx bye

iFlame

ELITE
iFlame
iFlame
ELITE
Ratings
113 4
I think this entire thread needs to click this link: https://manacube.com/updates
It literally tells you every change that Dacon makes to the server, so enough with "oh, there's a lack of communication" because THERE IT IS
The thing is, not all changes go in /updates. For instance, when Trench got enabled, but then disabled again, it was not in the updates that the enchantment was disabled for further optimizing.
This lead to a lot of spammy messages on the server; "is trench back"
Now I know trench has been used a lot as an example, but it is a valid example.

Also, I understand why mods and admins don't treat it as a full-time job. I get that, however, it still IS a business, as it is generating income for the owner.
I'd also like to point out that I personally do not blame the mods for anything. I feel like it's the higher powers of the network who need to keep the staff team informed.

Another example of the bad communication, is the rule about the amount of alts allowed.
Some people say it's your main account + 2 alts, some say it's 3 alts, which means your main account + 3 alts.

I think these rules need to be completely clear and firm. That would help with the constant confusion about rules.

peace :)

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Hey guys!! I’d like to change up how this post is going a bit and add a bit more positivity to you. I really just want to say that even thought a lot of us might agree or disagree I’m really happy that you guys, the players... feel comfortable telling us what you think is wrong or what about the server concerns you. I think this shows that our community is closer and more comfortable with each other than most.

I would like to add that keeping post and responses more kind and relaxed can help prevent arguments as well, I also will encourage you to move your suggestions to the suggestion website. The suggestion website gets check often for new suggestions and I personally get on it at lest a few times a day to read over, upvote, and comment on a few suggestions.

If you even need to rant due to something with the server upsetting you, feel free to message me and we can talk it out, talking it out before posting can help prevent posts or replies that are made out of anger (not saying this post was haha) I want to be a resource for you guys, I want to be a friend. Please let’s work on building our community up, not down.

JackyJohnny

MVP
JackyJohnny
JackyJohnny
MVP
Ratings
38 2
Still no word on if anything is going to be done about the players who did not receive top voter rewards due to a bug.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
Still no word on if anything is going to be done about the players who did not receive top voter rewards due to a bug.
give him time. I had to wait 3 weeks for a rank upgrade until I got in to contact with Sunset 3 weeks after my support ticket was made and I was a little annoyed but, I understood why it took forever because of Olympus' reset and bugs Dakota has to fix!. I am a player on Manacube, but I don't like how the players are arguing with staff on this thread. I wish players listened to the staff and let Dakota have to do what he can do.

SpecialOffer

Dedicated Member
VIP+
SpecialOffer
SpecialOffer
Ratings
75 3
Looking at this thread I can understand why players are irritated. If I didn't understand the difficulty of running a server I would be agreeing with the many thoughts of Dacon not caring and the staff team not doing their jobs correctly. Although this is all wrong.

If you think realistically for a few moments and put yourself in the shoes of a man who is running a server with a 600+ player you would understand the difficult predicament he is in. People have to understand just how much time and effort running a server takes. Please remember this server is a business; It relies on players enjoying the server and staying, it wouldn't make any sense for Dacon to give up on it when its doing so well.

Being part of the community since 2015 I can tell you for sure that this server has only got better and better. When I played religiously the server had an average of 100-200 players per day, Most coming for the parkour server. To say that the staff team isn't trying, or lazy, or simply just don't care is immature.

When dealing with such a huge issue as the network wide lag, players need to understand that the servers life cycle is the most crucial point on the long list of new things constantly weighing down the staff team from fixing the server. Its easy to say that the staff team are being lazy because "oh, our vote rewards haven't been given" or "staff aren't punishing players STRAIGHT AWAY", (because they physically couldn't do anything). But players need to understand the vast list of difficulties the team is currently experiencing. They are currently in a position where anything they do would be considered wrong. If they prioritise the server lag over vote rewards, WRONG. If they prioritise vote rewards over server lag, WRONG. You see what I'm saying?

Sorry if this post seems a little aggressive but some people need to see what the server is actually dealing with.

-LumpyMud