The new slayer mechanics are too tedious.

Ratings
The slayer mechanic is so busted and tedious. It just wastes time for anyone trying to get a few spawners. It doesn't feel prestigious like ascending because you have to work your way up by just killing the mobs you just killed over and over again as a waste of time. I don't feel the need to kill 1500 pigs to get 100 heads, kill 2000 chickens to get their heads, and then kill 1500 more pigs to get their heads. It just doesn't feel right. Ascending feels nice because you can get money many other ways than just mining like spawners or cacti. A max slayer level thing on the shop would be cheap. If the head system was just removed it could work with just the killing sytem because it says you need to kill 750 mobs and get 500 heads or 1000 mobs and 650 heads. You need to kill around 9 mobs to get a chance at a head. On average I get a head about every 10 or so mobs. It is also very buggy from my experience. I upgrade my slayer level like four times and I still don't get the next upgrade even after it says that in chat. It is super buggy and is a complete waste of time. Its boring, tedoius, and a waste of time that could be spent doing something worthwhile. Its like playing a prisons server where every time you rank up you have a 20% chance of actually ranking up or a factions server where tnt has a %20 chance to explode.

Last edited:

Worrey

Dedicated Member
Ratings
115 15
Hey @SpecificOcean_ .

I agree that the slayer mechanics are boring, and pretty much a waste of time, but I haven't experienced any bugs so I won't say anything about that.
It takes a very long time to get your slayer level up, pretty much on any slayer level, so I also think that there should be a change within the slayer system. I think it's a great idea to remove the head requirements, but then maybe add a few more mob kills. I like that there are slayer Levels, but the amount of heads that you got to acquire, is for sure way too much.
If you posted Your idea in the Ideas and Feedbacks section here on the forums, you would get more responses. Here's the link; https://www.manacube.com/forums/suggestions/

Have a great day! c:

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Upgrading your slayer level isn’t entirely necessary unless you want to build grinders, so the reason it’s hard to do is because in season one players could get their hands on spawners far too easily, and got far too much money, so this new level was introduced for players who were interested in secondary sources of making money, like grinders/farms, to make it challenging to get ahold of spawners so that grinders didn’t become as reliable as they were in S1 (hence the limitations too).

I suppose a suggestion for this would be to add back the ‘headless’ enchantment in /ce which could add a max of 50% chance of getting a mob head when killing mobs. However, some of the things you mentioned in your thread, I’d like to comment on.

I don't feel the need to kill 1500 pigs to get 100 heads, kill 2000 chickens to get their heads, and then kill 1500 more pigs to get their heads.
To my knowledge, none of the slayer levels require you to kill and gather the heads of the same mobs twice, after chickens the next level is cows, then spiders.

I upgrade my slayer level like four times and I still don't get the next upgrade even after it says that in chat. It is super buggy and is a complete waste of time.
If this happens, usually relogging fixes it, if it doesn’t then you can create a support ticket including the chat message, and your /slayer GUI, showing you don’t have the level it says you should (https://forums.manacube.com/support/).

Ratings
6 4
I agree a lot, they also need to fix mob phasing, as that's a huge problem right now with farming, as it can slow you down immensely

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
I agree a lot, they also need to fix mob phasing, as that's a huge problem right now with farming, as it can slow you down immensely
Mob phasing has been a problem before slayer was ever introduced on Olympus, the problem has been reported many times though.

Ratings
6 4
Mob phasing has been a problem before slayer was ever introduced on Olympus, the problem has been reported many times though.
Ah I see, well if it's been a problem since even before slayer, it should probably be fixed by now. That along with the endermen glitch kind of make slayer levels super hard to grind.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
That along with the endermen glitch kind of make slayer levels super hard to grind.
The enderman glitch, doesn’t really affect the slayer level(s) as you can still place the spawners, kill the mobs and level up afterwards. It’s just similar to the spider level, in the sense it says in chat you can’t kill the mob, but in actual fact you can.

Both of these levels have been reported for this issue, it’s more a nuisance than a hinderance.

Ratings
6 4
The enderman glitch, doesn’t really affect the slayer level(s) as you can still place the spawners, kill the mobs and level up afterwards. It’s just similar to the spider level, in the sense it says in chat you can’t kill the mob, but in actual fact you can.

Both of these levels have been reported for this issue, it’s more a nuisance than a hinderance.
That's true to an extent. You have to use a different glitch to bypass the enderman glitch, so I wouldn't really say that you can "level up afterwards," as it's not something that just anybody would think of

And yeah I know what you mean about the spider level. It's definitely annoying, but it's got no real problems.