Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30

WELCOME BACK TO OLYMPUS PLOT COMPS

Hi! once again Olympians and other Mana cube Players! After a two month hiatus I'm back and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. After being warmly welcomed back into the community I wanted to give back once again in order to bring some joy and stronger community ties back into Olympus and the forums. This week I decided to do a basic build comp, looking for overall good and impressive builds. I asked for judging and scouting help from the following players; _RedBull_, xEricL, penguin_12, Humannotpig, and SirForce. These plays ether helped me ether judge or scouted me plots that I wouldn't have explored without them. Some of these players did also submit plots but they did not judge their own plots to prevent bias. Things we were looking for were basic skill, color coordination, concept, and community relevance. So what some of ya'll will be wondering, what is on the line here? this week I will be giving away 100,000 mana!! Once again as the weeks go on the price will grow to match the want for this comp to keep going. A quick thank you to everyone who submitted their own or others plots, let the ranking begin!

( ALSO shoutout to sackrat for winning in todays COOKING event, representing Olympus well SIS)
(p.s.s Manacube has events EVERY Saturday at 2pm EST, stop by and check them out! You can win titles for your favorite server!!)

COMING IN 3RD PLACE IS... sackrat and xEricL!!
eric1.png

This plot is located at /p h xEricL 5, it is a legends hall dedicated to winners or "ogs" of last season as well as selective staff. This build was designed by sackrat, the local Olympus "smartass" and "topchef". sackrat has built or designed plots a few times to my knowledge. xEricL and sackrat both physically built it as the good old /inspect says. This build is mainly made of stone, wood, and colored glass to that in my thoughts give it a more mature and well put together look with still a bit of personality to match the statues inside. Now let's get on to the statue part of this build.
Screenshot_13.png

The statues are real players that are also placed with renamed items to tell victors more about them or what they are known for. There is even a small section, photo'd above where it seems to be dedicated to cult/season one OGS. With players such as Wincho, Arenzo, cat_dog, OPDeathgod, and others stand. They have been created with items such as ones to represent the stars the won for their achievements in season one. There is also statues for the following staff, Hallowqueen, IceJellyIce, and LiLKayla. The staff are built with more humor items such as "Hallow's Nightstick", "Kaylas Breathalyzer", and "Jelly's badge". Here is an example of that, this shows the detail, care, and humor that the Owner xEricL and sackrat have when it comes to their community based builds.
eric 3.png

COMING IN SECOND THIS WEEK IS... SirForce (SCH)!!!

SirForce has been a repeat contender in these build comps, his work is amazing and deserves reconition each time. Due to him placing multiple times I will be personally rewarding him with a prize as well to recognize him for the care and drive he has for these plot comps in general. He is eager to see when one is posted, he is also the reason why I have brought them back. His enthusiasm encouraged me to start it back up again, and I thank him for that.... but let's get on to his build shall we?
sirforce1.png

His Tower is a staggering height with amazing outside décor that doesn't over do it ether, the color choices are amazingly well done. The reason why it finds it's self in 2nd this week is due to the inside having no interior deign element to it rather than the wooden floors that sperate the levels. But then again maybe i'm the tiniest bit bias since blue and orange is my favorite combination of colors... but there is so much more too it!
sirforce2.png

Also, can we just acknowledge that the top of the tower looks like batman, I think that's a pretty snazzy detail. The usage of the beacon is also well down and not in an over played way, also the color choices matches very well with the overall aesthetic of the build. I do think that there is a lack of terraforming, but most builds lack that on Olympus due to it not being a BUILDING based server. But the dramatic tower on the flat grass does take away a bit from the appeal. Overall the color choices and the dramatic shape of the tower is what caught our attention, if we had to say anything constructive we would talk about terraforming and the lack of informational details on the inside. Also h?

COMING IN 1ST THIS WEEK IS...BearHugs123 and ZOOTBOT!!!

Screenshot_14.png

This plot is one that Really caught out attention, because from the outside it seemed unfinished and a more casual style build, photo will be added next BUT the fact that if you take the time to walk down the stairs you run into this adorable underground village that has hidden caves that lead to their underground grinders and farms. This is an excellent way to utilize your plot space in a fun but also efficient way. Even thought the village type of style if a bit over done, doing it entirely underground is something that you don't really see on Olympus very often of at all.
b1.png

As I stated above added some more work to the top will make it THAT much more impressive, but yet I kind of like how it's a hidden gem in the barren plot world that has been overtaken by ugly cacti farms and grinders. Also we really enjoyed their color usage of red, typically I see more muted colors for this type of build but the STRONG pop of red really helps create interest in the build. They have also used trap doors and stone fences to help build up some contrast really sells the idea that care and effort was put into the build.
Screenshot_15.png

ALSO LOOK AT THAT HECKIN WATER FEATURE, who doesn't like a good waterfall from a floating island with a cute heckin house on it. But here comes the constructive part of it.... the walls.... are just stone slabs with glow stone places at whim. I understand that with plots come restrictions but some effort could have been added in order to create a more inverse environment maybe even some leaves, a few logs, and some vines... OH maybe some flowers would really help sell the idea that this is a hidden underground town. But it's super cute so far, an amazing find and im happy that _RedBull_ showed me.

WEEKLY WRAP UP
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WAS CHOOSEN OR ENTERED THIS WEEK, I will send out prizes ASAP ROCKY. Once again a big thanks to the judges and scouts that were mentioned before. Also, if you'd like to enter a plot into a future comp feel free to contact me via forums, discord, or in game! I am constantly on Olympus, for anyone else who needs me or any other great staff member. If you'd like to judge or have any other questions about this plot comp feel free to message me as well. My discord is LiLKayla#4335. I'm always happy to help or to just talk! I promise I don't bite! If you are not an Olympus player and stumble across this feel free to stop bye and say Hi! We have the best memes and are extremely competitive if that's your thing. Thanks to everyone once again!!

HumanNotPig

Dedicated Member
MVP
HumanNotPig
HumanNotPig
MVP
Ratings
138 12
Cool

/warp shit should've won

But congrats to all the winners! :D

_RedBull_

MVP+
SpookyRed_
SpookyRed_
MVP+
Ratings
30 1
Oh btw, if you press f1, it will hide chat/scoreboard/inv slots etc so you can take clear screenshots

emilyrenee_

ELITE
emilyrenee_
emilyrenee_
ELITE
Ratings
65 1
Good job everyone, lovely builds xx

ps love you kayla xoxoxoxoxox