Rejected The Very Hungry Caterpillar - Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Porkypine5
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
/plot v porkypine5
Expert

A big improvement from my last map, MISTERBUGS_ helped to diversify the parkour and test it out :)
2019-03-21_15.05.15.png
2019-03-21_14.55.41.png
2019-03-21_14.54.13.png
2019-03-21_14.54.33.png
2019-03-21_14.55.51.png

Appledestroyer

Dedicated Member
Ratings
60 13
I liked the parkour
The theme well uhh well you see,the caterpillar is of small focus here.The build is alot more consentrated on the food and food is a horrible theme to use.(oso im not sure if the theme of Caterpillar is used alot)
It would be great if you could make the Caterpillar huge and the food smaller
Overall i don't see this being accepted.
a quote from dacon
  • You can have pixel art as long as it's not the majority of the map'
  • now ik that you map isnnt fulll of it but just saying try to 3 dimensionalize(wat) the food.

Last edited:

bca_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
bca_
bca_
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
@Appledestroyer I agree that the food needs to be three dimensionalized, but in the children’s book “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” food is the main focus. I really like the theme idea, but also agree that if the caterpillar is eating all of the food it should be a bit bigger. (Adding the # of jumps although optional would be appreciated so I can compare to other maps around the same number) Good luck!

Ratings
I liked the parkour
The theme well uhh well you see,the caterpillar is of small focus here.The build is alot more consentrated on the food and food is a horrible theme to use.(oso im not sure if the theme of Caterpillar is used alot)
It would be great if you could make the Caterpillar huge and the food smaller
Overall i don't see this being accepted.
a quote from dacon
  • You can have pixel art as long as it's not the majority of the map'
  • now ik that you map isnnt fulll of it but just saying try to 3 dimensionalize(wat) the food.
Yeah the only reason a lot of it appears 2D is because there is a lot of 'a slice of's so cheese and salami kind of had to be 2D. I get your point on the melon though :)

Ratings
UPDATE:
In response to the feedback I have replaced the pixel art melon with an actual build. I decided to leave the cheese the way it is as there are already two 'slice' shaped foods and I didn't it to look repetitive.
Thanks to everyone who helped out and left some feedback! <3
2019-03-28_12.41.36.png

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi porkypine5,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is "interesting" if we look at the name, but the Caterpillar is just a little part of your map, most of your builds are food, which is not really original, be careful next time ! The build is not really good, your map is really messy, because there is no main build but a lot of little builds, try to build your map on/in one main build. The parkour is not really good too, it's pretty varied, but I still think some parts are repetitive (The Ice cream and the sausage almost have only head jumps for example, the lollipop have almost only ladders too), and I found your map too easy for an expert, but too long for a hard.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.