Reviewing ThePigeonGamer - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ThePigeonGamer, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePigeonGamer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Your Minecraft username
    ThePigeonGamer

What server are you applying for

Olympus

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Amber

Country or Timezone
    USA, EST

I am 19 years old and will be 20 years old in December.

Discord username *Amber*Pigeon* #3115

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    I want to become staff because I want to help keep the server in a friendly and safe environment. I play on Olympus and staff doesn’t come on much. I want to be able to help others when no one else can. I want to keep the chats clean. I want to help keep the rule breakers in check. I am on Olympus all the time, about 24 hours a day probably. I see so much going on like spam or inappropriate messages and when there’s no staff around I just want to jump into action. I absolutely love the server. I will work hard to keep the server nice and clean. I want to help enforce the rules. It’s something I have always wanted to do but things were holding me back. Those things are no longer holding me back. As of right now I am not in school and I feel like this is the best time for me to apply and maybe get to be a part of a great team. I want to help keep and make the server a great place, a friendly place where all feel welcomed.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I want to say since sometime in 2017. I mainly did the parkour. Then throughout this year I decided to branch out to the other parts of the server like Survival and Olympus.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    Definitely over 40-60 hours a week.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    I feel like I have great responsibility and I feel like I can help enforce the rules so others can understand them. I think I can help bring a friendly and caring feeling to the server. I’d be available in game 99% of the time. I strive to help others when they are in need. I wouldn’t let me personal beliefs get in the way of being on the staff team. That would be unprofessional. When players are arguing or fighting I would listen to both sides instead of just taking one person’s side, even if that person is my friend.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I was an admin and a builder on a small survival server for a little while back in early 2015-2016. It was only for a brief time.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    I have a passion for helping others. I hate seeing things in chat where someone is bullying someone or someone is asking questions and no one is answering them or they are just giving “smart” answers. If I saw someone breaking a rule id give them a warning and if they do it again I’d report it.

I’m mature. I wouldn’t abuse the helper power. I’m a very open-minded person. I wouldn’t be petty and abuse the power for personal stuff. I’d be professionally about it. I don’t let things get to me easily.

I’m a hard worker. I would take this seriously staff are the important people. Staffs actions reflect what the server is. So if I was to not take it seriously and abuse the power then player would think they could do whatever and go crazy and when new players join they could think badly of the server. So I would work hard and be professional.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    I believe a staff member is someone who is there to help other players if they have a question or problem. Someone who keeps for this sake, someone who keeps the server safe from any hackers or rule breakers. Someone who Is passionate about helping others and wanting to make the place a safe and happy place. I think staff is someone who when people are arguing or fighting, simmers the argument.

Are you able to use recording software?
    I believe I can, yes.

Anything else we should know?
    Yes. I want to be 100% honest. I do have Social Anxiety. But while playing on Olympus I have been working on trying to open up and get out of my shell. I have made so much progress and have even made friends in the process. I was working on it because I was wanting to apply for staff. And I believe I am at a great place for me to be staff worthy in communication. My social anxiety will not hold me back from performing the job, which I can promise! This is something I have wanted to do for so long. I just needed to wait for the right time to apply. I am currently not in school so I have all the time in the world. But in the fall I will be attending beauty school so my schedule will change at that time. But the schedule shouldn’t change that bad and I would only be in school for around a year.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. SantiagoJMK05

SantiagoJMK05 Active Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    0 for now because not all your sections are detailed enough especially the skills section. Use your first paragraph as a model as that is great. You seem a great person and with tweaking this could be a great app. Have a great day!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ThePigeonGamer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Am I allowed to tweak it now?
    *Edit was told I was allowed to tweak so I tweaked it to put a little more detail than I had in it*

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  4. SantiagoJMK05

SantiagoJMK05 Active Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Yes

5. SunsetMagic

SunsetMagic Network Manager
    Manager MVP+ VIP+ VIP Helper Management QA Team

Ratings:
    +652 / 20
    SunsetMagic
    Hello Amber,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
    Sunset

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.