---------------------------------------------

First Name
Tyler

Country or Timezone
Mo, USA. (CST)

Discord username TylerCash#8235

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
I would like to be staff, because I believe in helping a server that helps me. I notice on countless occasions that there isn't always a staff member online, and we all help eachother figure out what the problem is. I've, in my own opinion, found that I'm quite good at helping others when they're confused, or have a problem that they need help with.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
Just over a month, I joined June 30th, 2018

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
I can dedicate a minimum of 4 hours per day, On average I play about 8 hours, but that isn't possible all the time. I work 4-6 days a week, on the days that I don't work, I play over 8 hours.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
A few skills that I have are being able to talk someone through an issue or problem, I'm very good with people.

People skills- I'm a friend to everyone, and someone that anyone can talk to. I have the ability to help players that aren't good with typing or explaining situations.

I have a great knowledge of computers, and Minecraft, which could potentially help someone with an issue they may have. I seem to be extremely well acquainted with the rules, so I can spread my knowledge onto others. In addition to being tech savvy, I can explain things extremely well, when someone is disjointed and doesn't understand what may be happening.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?

I've always worked jobs where I am a person that someone needs to go to for advice or help, so I would say that has helped me with my people skills, and problem solving skills. I've been in situations on more than one occasion, where I've needed to do things on my own, when usually it would be a person of higher powers job, I step up to the plate, and take on any task.

As well as being the go-to person IRL, I've also helped moderate a few small servers, maxing out around 200 players, I've learned a little bit of code, in attempt to become a developer of my own server. I've had a few occasions when helping on servers, where people were persistent in being right, when they were clearly wrong, and I've had to come in and de-escalate the situation.

A little bonus info about my day to day job:
I work a front desk job at a large hotel chain, Every day I work with irate people, people that are so tired from flying and driving that all they care about is going to bed, or people that get angry over a $2 price increase from their last stay. I've become accustomed to dealing with attitudes of all types, and being able to deescalate a situation before it becomes an issue for either party. On a day to day basic, I have to control myself at work, I have no one to tell me what to do, or when to do it. If there is something that needs done, it is up to my judgement when and how that task is finished, and how to go about finishing it. I take responsibility for my own actions in every situation.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
Somethings that distinguish me from other players, are my can-do attitude in all situations, from the way I treat others, to the way I handle myself.

I'm very mature, at the age of 21, I've learned a lot, and been through a lot in my time. I believe I'm original, I've never met someone like me, that thinks the way that I do, and carries them selves the way I do. I'd do my best to make sure not to let down the players and staff of manacube.

I'm an extremely social player. There are very few times you'll see me online not chatting with others, or just simply answering questions. I'm more than willing to speak with others in voice chats, such as Skype, team speak, or discord. I'm fairly popular in real life, around my small town. I've always kind of been the go-to friend for a lot of things, and I'm more than happy to bring that to Minecraft.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
I believe the role of a staff member is to be a friend to everyone on the server, while maintaining order and control.

When I say control, I mean following the rules, while also having an enjoyable time. Whether someone needs help, or just simply someone to talk to, staff are always there for me, and others.

Staff members control chat, making sure that if a player is toxic, they're removed from the situation before things can escalate. I've seen staff welcome players, and help players that have hundreds of hours poured into the server. They help someone no matter what, whether they are irate, or just simply don't understand how to play Minecraft. Staff have a large impact on the flow of chat, when players start to get angry, or tempt other players in chat to follow that, staff step in and stop the problem, before it becomes one. Staff doesn't only help out regular players, they also help other staff members, when someone may have an issue they aren't sure how to fix, or just isn't going the way they'd hoped it would. Every member of the staff team can fix a situation on their own, or with the help of others.

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes, Fraps.

Anything else we should know?

I believe everyone should know, that I have battled depression and anxiety my entire life, and that no matter what, I've always had my internet friends to be there when I felt that no one else was. I intend to be that person for anyone else going through the same problem in their day to day life, Whether I get staff or not, I am someone you can talk to. This part is for anyone who needs a friend or someone to talk to, my dm's are always open, and so is my discord.

Also, I'm going to add a few things that I enjoy in my day to day life-
I love vehicles, and enjoy working on them.
I'm building a gaming computer, that will also be used to stream Minecraft, Fortnite, and Call Of Duty.
I play Xbox One for all my other games that aren't Minecraft, at the moment.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

Last edited:
+0, your apply could be more detailed. But overall I find you a really chill guy, you seem pretty chill in chat, don't get in conversations with people. People seem to like you (So do I). Your mature and generous.

Best of luck!
- Chally

+1, you have amazing detail, and you exceed the required amount of words. I always see you in-game and being friendly with others in the game. You also help out as much as you can. Best of luck! :)

Last edited:
+1 You were very detailed. You are really nice in game and very helpful. Good Luck Ty!
Thank you for the reply! It means a lot!
[DOUBLEPOST=1533529380][/DOUBLEPOST]
+1, you have amazing detail, and you exceed the required amount of words. I always see you in-game and being friendly with others in the game. You also help out as much as you can. Best of luck! :)
Thank you for replying! I really appreciate all the kind words!

I'm not in any position to give relevant feedback, and I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to, but I can think of several times you were either helpful or not getting into conflict in chat (which many high-level do a lot) and I really hope you succeed in your quest and journey on the server. I understand your goals and what you want to do if you are given said role of authority. Best of luck, Mine.

+0, because I don't think I can rate, but
+0.9 if I could.

eillib

Since I do not play on Olympus I cannot go in depth about you helping players or that sort of stuff. Overall your application is great and in detail, so I will be giving this a +0. Fellow Missourian xD

I'm not in any position to give relevant feedback, and I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to, but I can think of several times you were either helpful or not getting into conflict in chat (which many high-level do a lot) and I really hope you succeed in your quest and journey on the server. I understand your goals and what you want to do if you are given said role of authority. Best of luck, Mine.

+0, because I don't think I can rate, but
+0.9 if I could.[/QUOTE
Thank you for the reply and feedback, it helps knowing that others also think I’m helpful :)

+1
Good luck Ty, you're very helpful in game and i believe you can do great after seeing both your performance in game, as well as within your application itself.

I'm creating another comment as I do believe it is necessary. Recently I have not seen you online barely at all so I decided to look at /seen and it says you have not been online in 2 days and 12 hrs (at the time I checked) which considering you are applying for staff is not too great.
This is not having a rant at you or attempting to hinder your chances in anyway; I would just love to see you back online.

SunsetMagic

Network Manager
Manager
MVP+
VIP+
VIP
Helper Management
QA Team
Hello Tyler,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.