Vanilla Enchantments and Anvils

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
On Olympus, there are many different enchantments for your armour/tools/weapons. These can be separated into 3 "groups", those being; Custom enchantments, vanilla enchantments and /exchange enchantments (although they're basically vanilla enchantments, they can be upgraded, so in my opinion they're a separate group). I've noticed recently that a number of players have been asking about "enchanted books with vanilla enchantments", and wondering how they can apply them to their pickaxes, however there is no way to use vanilla enchanted books on tools/weapons/armour, as anvils are disabled. This does not mean it's impossible to get vanilla enchantments on your items, but you cannot do it with a book.

The Blacksmith
I can see where the confusion from this comes from, and while it's not related to vanilla enchantments, in this post I'd like to explain what the blacksmith does, and try to help avoid the confusion within the server. So, while a blacksmith's house in a vanilla single-player world will have an anvil, in which you can combine enchanted books to make a fully enchanted weapon/tool/set of armour, the blacksmith on Olympus is slightly different. It follows the same logic, but it's use is for custom enchantment books (AKA, books from /ce). For example, if you have 2 Hellforged II books, you can put them in the slots within the blacksmith, and create a "Hellforged IV" book, which you can then apply to your pickaxe. (Don't forget to use angel dust on the book, to ensure it doesn't break and destroy your pickaxe! - Unless your pickaxe has the "PROTECTED" lore on it, in that case it'd be safe, the book would just disappear).
Screenshot 2019-01-24 at 03.00.34.png

/Warp Enchanting
Now, to actually get the vanilla enchantments, you must go to /warp enchanting. If you're trying to get a silk touch pickaxe, for example you'll need to buy a new pickaxe from /shop or craft one yourself (NOTE: It must NOT have any enchantments on it beforehand). Just like in vanilla enchanting, you put the pickaxe in one of the enchanting tables behind "The Enchanter" (Who just opens the /exchange menu upon clicking them). It just requires luck, and trying it a few times before you get the enchantment you want, and as long as you have a lot of XP levels, you should be fine! I understand it's frustrating that you cannot put vanilla books on pickaxes, but at the end of this guide, I'll explain why I think at least anvils are disabled.

Why are anvils disabled?
I have two logical ideas as to why anvils may be disabled, these aren't confirmed, but they make the most sense in my opinion. They both technically go hand-in-hand, when you think about it, but here they are anyway.
- When repairing pickaxes/tools, it costs $100k for anyone who is not an MVP or above (donor rank). I believe anvils are disabled in order to encourage this rule to apply, and to prevent exploitation of this, as players would basically get free repairs if they could just throw some diamonds in an anvil, and lose a few XP levels.

- As with the reparations, renaming is a donor perk, and while it's not exactly as "game-breaking" or "important" as repairing, it's still a perk that people have paid money for, and should be entitled to use, to give them a bit more creative freedom/cosmetic choice when it comes to pickaxe names/object names (As long as they follow the server rules, and aren't abusing this permission, then donators should be allowed to have access to it).

Apologies if this has already been discussed/explained, but recently I've noticed a number of players asking about it. If you have any other logical ideas as to why anvils are disabled, feel free to let me know :) Hopefully this guide will be of use!

Last edited:

Spxrklezz

MVP+
Spxrklezz
Spxrklezz
MVP+
Ratings
47 3
I think anvils being disabled is not to prevent players from getting free repairs.
I should be due to the nature of Olympus, building the best pick. Players could just repeatedly combine Starter pick(Eff.10 Unbrk.20) or Olympian pick(Eff.15 Unbrk.25 Fortune.3) and not use any mana to upgrade their pick!!

Just some of my thoughts. Open for discussion!!

Sidetrack:
Good to see you on Foruming posting again <3

JuanV

MVP+
JuanV
JuanV
MVP+
Ratings
I think that u need more sleep... But I'm not sure if this is true anymore but I remember a few years ago there was some sort of glitch/bug with anvils and a plug-in that would crash the server, although I don't think this is that situation

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
I think that u need more sleep... But I'm not sure if this is true anymore but I remember a few years ago there was some sort of glitch/bug with anvils and a plug-in that would crash the server, although I don't think this is that situation
Not to my knowledge anyway, since joining in November, there's not been any way to get ahold of anvils in the first place, but if you somehow managed to, let's say- you found a village with a blacksmith's house in free world, I'd imagine the anvil would be disabled, or a player would have already sold it. In fact, I believe you can't even place the anvils to begin with, nor craft them.

And I'm too addicted to getting mining level 99, to sleep :( !!

EmperorBonaparte

MVP
EmperorBonaparte
EmperorBonaparte
MVP
Ratings
Very good guide, Hallow!

Petty Things:
Hellforged 1 doesn't exist ;) (i think)

I have two logical ideas as to why anvils may be disabled, these aren't confirmed, but they make the most sense in my opinion. They both technically go hand-in-hand, when you think about it, but here they are anyway.
- When repairing pickaxes/tools, it costs $100k for anyone who is not an MVP or above (donor rank). I believe anvils are disabled in order to encourage this rule to apply, and to prevent exploitation of this, as players would basically get free repairs if they could just throw some diamonds in an anvil, and lose a few XP levels.

- As with the reparations, renaming is a donor perk, and while it's not exactly as "game-breaking" or "important" as repairing, it's still a perk that people have paid money for, and should be entitled to use, to give them a bit more creative freedom/cosmetic choice when it comes to pickaxe names/object names (As long as they follow the server rules, and aren't abusing this permission, then donators should be allowed to have access to it).
This could also be due to anvils providing a griefing problem for many servers with cannons, so it makes sense to disable them, as I accidentally rode a boat outside of my plot the other day so there might not be any protection for entities (I pushed the boat back to my plot and destroyed it)

Very good guide nonetheless, gl on mining 99 :D

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
Very good guide, Hallow!

Petty Things:

Hellforged 1 doesn't exist ;) (i think)

This could also be due to anvils providing a griefing problem for many servers with cannons, so it makes sense to disable them, as I accidentally rode a boat outside of my plot the other day so there might not be any protection for entities (I pushed the boat back to my plot and destroyed it)

Very good guide nonetheless, gl on mining 99 :D
I'm not sure either if it exists to be honest, for the purpose of accuracy, I've edited it.

Also, it's not confirmed, so of course your idea may be accurate, Thank you! <3

JuanV

MVP+
JuanV
JuanV
MVP+
Ratings
Not to my knowledge anyway, since joining in November, there's not been any way to get ahold of anvils in the first place, but if you somehow managed to, let's say- you found a village with a blacksmith's house in free world, I'd imagine the anvil would be disabled, or a player would have already sold it. In fact, I believe you can't even place the anvils to begin with, nor craft them.

And I'm too addicted to getting mining level 99, to sleep :( !!
You need to sleep before you weep.. anyways They also use to cause lag i believe but im not sure anymore. Looks like i might get to mining 99 too