VoidSamusss

What server are you applying for

Olympus

---------------------------------------------

First Name
Ryan

Country or Timezone
United Kingdom - GMT

Discord username CharmYT#4094 or VoidSamusss in the ManaCube Discord.

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
I want to become staff on ManaCube to assist other staff members with their duties in making the server a better, more relaxing and safer place for the growing community.
On Olympus, I have seen recently a number of situations throughout the day that not a lot of staff are online and during that time the leniency on the server's rules increase dramatically as players can see that no staff are online and decide to break rules, I want to become a staff member as I am on a lot of the time and I believe that I will be able to enforce rules on those to choose to not abide them.
Furthermore, I deep down believe that this server has the potential to skyrocket in popularity as I have seen from the statistics from the monthly updates that are posted and I would be honored to be apart of this incredible communities ascension!

How long have you played on ManaCube?
I joined ManaCube on July 22nd, 2018 at 9:13am and on Olympus I have accumulated a total of 91 hours playtime.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
Up until the beginning of September i can dedicate around 5-10 hours per day and after September (depending on my college timetable) I should be able to dedicate around 4-7.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
The first skill I feel I have that will help the server is fairness:
If a situation rises where there are two sides of an argument appose, I am able to take it slow and thoroughly go in depth with the information I acquire and make the right end decision.

The second skill I feel I have that will help the server is dedication:
When taking on a task, whether it would be cleaning the dishes or looking after children, I will stand by it and ensure it gets done, while also getting done properly and efficiently. I believe giving up on something mid way if a sign of weakness; and weakness should not be involved in a staff team.

Finally, my third skill I feel I have that will help the server is compassion towards what I believe in:
When I find something I really like and want to get involved in, I mean it. ManaCube is one of those things. I want to get involved with the assistance of keeping the server clean and safe for its player base and ensure rules are enforced that make the server a better place to be.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
I have been Moderator on multiple small servers, yet, they have not really grown at all and i have eventually resigned as the Owner/Owners of the server do not care at all about it.
I have also had experience of dealing with a younger audience as I spend my other free time (except ManaCube) working in a youth center with younger children and make their free time better. I volunteer at events in my town, which gives me an idea of organisation and coordination so that the event/day runs smooth.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
The first attribute that distinguishes me from other players is consistency:
One other person may do a great job once in a while, yet, although that job may be great, the next day a similar situation may arise and they are not able to resolve it. Whereas with me, i am able to be consistent with my work and ensure that the effort i put in one day, matches with the next.

My second attribute is reliability:
When trusted with something, I will do everything in my power to ensure that something is kept safe and/or dealt with properly. I am able to be the person an other staff member/normal player can turn to with something they need assistance.

My third attribute is flexibility:
I am able to be change my schedule a lot to ensure I am able to help out at all times and i am able to work with other people i may not like to work with to ensure all helping is done and done properly.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
In my experiences with multiple server's staff teams, I believe that the PROPER role of a staff member is to assist the average player base with possible commands or rules which they may ask for assistance with.
In addition to this, a staff member's role is to also enforce the servers Global/server rules to ensure (as previously stated) that the server is kept clean and safe for everyone.
Finally, i also believe that a role of a staff member is to assist other staff members or possibly the owner with making the server better; by possibly bringing in new ideas or helping establish those ideas properly so they can be developed into great things.

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes, I use Open Broadcast Software.

Anything else we should know?
Additional tips and ideas towards how my application could be improved would be greatly appreciated, in the end I want to be able to help the server and I can only do that if the application I have created is the best it could be. Also, please do not go soft on what you think about my application, I would prefer it if you told the complete truth so I know what parts of me I need to change to become a suitable staff member! ~ Thanks!

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

Last edited:
I think Ryan is super helpful and kind on the server. I haven't seen him be mean or rude to a single person on the server. Plus, he's fun to talk to on discord. Major +1 :)

Definitely +1 - I always see Ryan in chat helping out newer players to the server and he's a cool person. I also see him report players on the forums when they do something wrong, and I can see Ryan in the future being a great addition to the staff team on this server. :D

Definitely +1 - I always see Ryan in chat helping out newer players to the server and he's a cool person. I also see him report players on the forums when they do something wrong, and I can see Ryan in the future being a great addition to the staff team on this server. :D
Thank you so much! Means a lot!

You are constantly online helping others. You are also very friendly to everyone you talk to. This application is very detailed and you are thorough with your answers. I am going to give you a +1. Good luck! :)

You are a really kind person. Never seen you be mean to anyone. You’re also very helpful and you’re willing to help even when no one asks! You’re application is very detailed! +1 Good Luck Ryan!

VoidSamusss should definitely be part of the staff, he is kind, generous and is always willing to help, even without getting anything in return. He knows a lot about the server and has definitely helped me while i was there, also i can tell he really wants to be a part of it because he spent so much time adn effort producing the application to become staff.

VoidSamusss should definitely be part of the staff, he is kind, generous and is always willing to help, even without getting anything in return. He knows a lot about the server and has definitely helped me while i was there, also i can tell he really wants to be a part of it because he spent so much time adn effort producing the application to become staff.
Wow thank you so much! Ill try my best to help out in any way i can! :D

I've only just begun to play Olympus, and Ryan is definitely helpful and super kind! I reckon he'd be a great asset to the staff team. +1

I don't even know if I'm allowed to give +1's but I don't care, this is 100% a +1 application. Not only has Ryan been kind to me, I've witnessed him treat every single person he's interacted with, with politeness and sincerity. He'd make an A1 helper/mod because he's online a lot, AND he just wants to help people lol. tl;dr: smol bean ryan gets a +1 from the memequeen

Sincerely,

yes i'm a meme lol

[(xXx69M3m3qu33n420n0sc0p3666xXx)]

I don't even know if I'm allowed to give +1's but I don't care, this is 100% a +1 application. Not only has Ryan been kind to me, I've witnessed him treat every single person he's interacted with, with politeness and sincerity. He'd make an A1 helper/mod because he's online a lot, AND he just wants to help people lol. tl;dr: smol bean ryan gets a +1 from the memequeen

Sincerely,

yes i'm a meme lol

[(xXx69M3m3qu33n420n0sc0p3666xXx)]
Wow, thank you so much! I'm happy to be able to help! :D

Im from the UK and we finish HighSchool before people do in the USA :)
Ah, that makes sense. Anywho, it's about time I give my personal opinion on the application.

I must say, from other people's opinions. You're a great member and it seems you could be an even better staff member. Your application has very minuscule errors such as not capitalizing an I but I'm sure a simple glance over can fix that.

In my opinion, I feel your three attributes section is your selling point and you could take more advantage of that. Each individual section could use some more padding. You can easily explain how the attribute impacts the server as a whole, impacts the community, and if you were to be accepted. How would it impact your fellow staff members? If you feel like you're rambling on you're not doing it right.

All in all, I'd give the application a solid +1. You have phenomenal maturity. Your application is far from lackluster, and you have the community to support you. Much love to you and good luck in the future!

Ah, that makes sense. Anywho, it's about time I give my personal opinion on the application.

I must say, from other people's opinions. You're a great member and it seems you could be an even better staff member. Your application has very minuscule errors such as not capitalizing an I but I'm sure a simple glance over can fix that.

In my opinion, I feel your three attributes section is your selling point and you could take more advantage of that. Each individual section could use some more padding. You can easily explain how the attribute impacts the server as a whole, impacts the community, and if you were to be accepted. How would it impact your fellow staff members? If you feel like you're rambling on you're not doing it right.

All in all, I'd give the application a solid +1. You have phenomenal maturity. Your application is far from lackluster, and you have the community to support you. Much love to you and good luck in the future!
That's a nice smile before i go to bed at 2:15 am! Thanks so much it means a lot. If I have time tomorrow, ill be sure to make my application even better! Thanks so much for the tips and have a good day! Also, do you mind pming my discord I will want to ask you something in the morning, its in the application ~ Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.