k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
I'm giving this a +1. While the theme is unoriginal (there are several tower maps already, and there's someone else that submitted a water tower map), the build makes up for it. It's very well detailed and well-built. As for the parkour, the jumps are varied and don't seem to be too difficult.

I wish you the best of luck! <3

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I'm giving this a -1 because:
This is now a +1, read bottom for why :p

1. Theme is unoriginal
  2. Build is unappealing due to extreme overuse of iron blocks
  3. Some of the jumps are just too difficult for medium maps, EG: two ladder neos and the corner neo (Yes, there are medium maps with three neos, but my personal opinion is that three neos on a medium map is not good. If you disagree, then ignore this point)
  4. There's not even water on the inside of the tower so that doesn't do much in terms of themeing
  5. I got lost a couple of times because the direction was unclear
Ways you can fix these:
  1. Can't really fix the theme, and considering there is another water tower map being judged by now, it's safe to say that only one (or possibly neither) will be accepted
  2. Use block variation
  3. Nerf at least one of the neos
  4. Put water in the tower
  5. Put more guiding signs that tell you where to go
Good luck with this map and any other maps you submit in the future.

EDIT: The changes made to the map improved it a lot so my vote is now +1.

Last edited:

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
I'm giving this a -1 because

1. Theme is unoriginal
  2. Build is unappealing due to extreme overuse of iron blocks
  3. Some of the jumps are just too difficult for medium maps, EG: two ladder neos and the corner neo (Yes, there are medium maps with three neos, but my personal opinion is that three neos on a medium map is not good. If you disagree, then ignore this point)
  4. There's not even water on the inside of the tower so that doesn't do much in terms of themeing
  5. I got lost a couple of times because the direction was unclear
Ways you can fix these:
  1. Can't really fix the theme, and considering there is another water tower map being judged by now, it's safe to say that only one (or possibly neither) will be accepted
  2. Use block variation
  3. Nerf at least one of the neos
  4. Put water in the tower
  5. Put more guiding signs that tell you where to go
Good luck with this map and any other maps you submit in the future.
1. Fair enough.
2. That's how water towers are made, other blocks would look worse and be less realistic.
3. I don't think there's any neos on there, but I'll check. Perhaps you accidentally skipped a jump?
4. I could replace the blue glass with water.
5. There's already a ton of signs, I'll look again and add signs to any potentially confusing parts but I covered everything I saw.

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
While yes, water towers are made of iron blocks, I'm saying that in the context of minecraft, the block is ugly.

I mislabeled two of the neos. Oops xD

I got confused here. I didn't know I had to turn around to the other side of the iron bars after completing the jump

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
  1. Use block variation
  2. Put water in the tower
  3. Put more guiding signs that tell you where to go
Some of the iron has been changed to quartz, to be a little bit less bland
Water has been added instead of glass
Added another guide sign

Ratings
Despite the fact i MaDe ThE eXaCt SaMe ThInG aS yOu, I do enjoy the map quite a bit. I still obviously am frustrated, but despite that your map looks very well done. better than mine anyways XDDDD

Best of luck in the submission!

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Despite the fact i MaDe ThE eXaCt SaMe ThInG aS yOu, I do enjoy the map quite a bit. I still obviously am frustrated, but despite that your map looks very well done. better than mine anyways XDDDD

Best of luck in the submission!
Best of luck to you too (i'm sorry that i copied you, had this idea a few weeks back and by the time i saw yours i was already finished LOL)

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
Hoi MCBYT,
I’ll be rejecting your map, for the following reasons:

The theme of your map is unoriginal, as there are a lot of tower maps, but no water tower maps, so I guess there is still some originality in your map.

About the build, it looks appealing, although I would add to your build some details to make it more real looking.

About the parkour, it is varied, however I would change some couple blocks to make your difficulty more fitting and at the same time be able to give it some extra variety.

If you patch the negative points I mentioned above, I’ll be happy to accept your map !

¡Thanks for submitting a map, I would love to see more maps from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.