Microgear

Dedicated Member
VIP
microgear
microgear
VIP
Ratings
14 2
Hey I think I improved this map very well let’s see what u think now ? The jumps are very varied and I got a bit creative with some jumps

Microgear
40 jumps
/plot v microgear 2
Easy
Ive got a screenshot
2 checkpoints

I hope u like my map !

Attachments

Last edited:

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Giving this a -1
This review is for the wrong map. My actual review is further down. My mistake.

Negatives:

• The map is too long and too difficult for an easy map, but too short and easy for a medium map. It's in a weird gray area where it fits perfectly between easy and medium.
  • This is a non-theme. It's lucky blocks with water in them. There's nothing that interesting about the builds
  • The parkour is not varied, it's almost entirely ladder jumps and regular jumps
  • There are multiple instances of unmarked barriers that interfere with jumps. Always mark your barriers, or better yet, don't use barriers at all.
  • Single iron bars are not allowed:
    ironbar.png
Suggestions:

• One of the main reasons the original version of this map was not accepted was because of the theme. I don't believe this level is salvageable because of its theme. I suggest you scrap this one and start on a new course that has an original theme that isn't vague like this one.
Here's some important map making tips!
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, ladder jumps) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors.
  • Avoid floating jumps. Although some of the older courses on the server have floating jumps, the standards have increased since then. This is not to say you should never use floating jumps, just that you should avoid them as much as possible.
  • Avoid using barriers to block people off from reaching areas (Barrier parkour is OK if done correctly).
Good luck with any maps you make in the future.

Last edited:
Ratings
Giving this a -1

Negatives:

• The map is too long and too difficult for an easy map, but too short and easy for a medium map. It's in a weird gray area where it fits perfectly between easy and medium.
  • This is a non-theme. It's lucky blocks with water in them. There's nothing that interesting about the builds
  • The parkour is not varied, it's almost entirely ladder jumps and regular jumps
  • There are multiple instances of unmarked barriers that interfere with jumps. Always mark your barriers, or better yet, don't use barriers at all.
  • Single iron bars are not allowed: View attachment 19646
Suggestions:

• One of the main reasons the original version of this map was not accepted was because of the theme. I don't believe this level is salvageable because of its theme. I suggest you scrap this one and start on a new course that has an original theme that isn't vague like this one.
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, ladder jumps) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors.
  • Avoid floating jumps. Although some of the older courses on the server have floating jumps, the standards have increased since then. This is not to say you should never use floating jumps, just that you should avoid them as much as possible.
  • Avoid using barriers to block people off from reaching areas (Barrier parkour is OK if done correctly).
That's two iron bars

Ratings
Yo I just realized this is a rejected map, I'm pretty sure 2nd subs are only if it was overlooked not rejected (I could be wrong tho)

Microgear

Dedicated Member
VIP
microgear
microgear
VIP
Ratings
14 2
Giving this a -1

Negatives:

Suggestions:

Hey that is the wrong map

Microgear

Dedicated Member
VIP
microgear
microgear
VIP
Ratings
14 2
Giving this a -1

Negatives:

Suggestions:

HEY this is the wrong map u are talking about

piebrian5

Ratings
I’m going to give this a +0

I really enjoyed that parkour it was maybe a little easy it was good though. It was also a good length for a medium and has good variability . One thing is that the there were a few places where you could jump right over a jump or 2 mostly minor but there was one jump where about half way through where you’re meant to go below and then parkour up but you could just jump straight the the piston above where your meant to go and skip several blocks. The main issue that I have with the map is the theme and the build. The theme isn’t particularly original as there are several other water themed maps and maps that look like your build. The build itself isn’t amazing it looks nice but it’s all just lapis blocks and lacks detail. The build also isn’t much like the water world as there is only one bit of water at the start and it’s really just a palace like build. Good luck!!

Microgear

Dedicated Member
VIP
microgear
microgear
VIP
Ratings
14 2
I’m going to give this a +0

I really enjoyed that parkour it was maybe a little easy it was good though. It was also a good length for a medium and has good variability . One thing is that the there were a few places where you could jump right over a jump or 2 mostly minor but there was one jump where about half way through where you’re meant to go below and then parkour up but you could just jump straight the the piston above where your meant to go and skip several blocks. The main issue that I have with the map is the theme and the build. The theme isn’t particularly original as there are several other water themed maps and maps that look like your build. The build itself isn’t amazing it looks nice but it’s all just lapis blocks and lacks detail. The build also isn’t much like the water world as there is only one bit of water at the start and it’s really just a palace like build. Good luck!!
Ty for the feed back ur the first person to find the right map lol ty

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Giving this a -1

Negatives:
  • There are too many jumps for an easy map
  • The part at the end with two 3+1 jumps is too hard for an easy map in my opinion, but that's debatable.
  • There really isn't a theme, the build could be called "Blue castle" and be no different.
  • While you used some block variation like fences, trapdoors, and pistons, you didn't use them very well. Most of them were just treated as normal blocks. The best jump in the course was from the brewing stand to the fence because you had to stand on top of the brewing stand to make the jump. Those are the types of jumps that this course needs more of.
  • The ending is very confusing and it is not made clear where the finish is
  • The build doesn't look good, especially from the sides. The inside isn't decorated. The best looking part of the build is viewing the front of the building from outside.
Suggestions:
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, ladder jumps) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors. Use the size and height of these blocks to create unique and interesting parkour instead of boring regular jumps.
  • Use more block variation in your builds. Add depth to the walls of your builds. Decorate the interior of any area the player enters.
  • Pick a theme that is clear and unique.

Microgear

Dedicated Member
VIP
microgear
microgear
VIP
Ratings
14 2
Giving this a -1

Negatives:
  • There are too many jumps for an easy map
  • The part at the end with two 3+1 jumps is too hard for an easy map in my opinion, but that's debatable.
  • There really isn't a theme, the build could be called "Blue castle" and be no different.
  • While you used some block variation like fences, trapdoors, and pistons, you didn't use them very well. Most of them were just treated as normal blocks. The best jump in the course was from the brewing stand to the fence because you had to stand on top of the brewing stand to make the jump. Those are the types of jumps that this course needs more of.
  • The ending is very confusing and it is not made clear where the finish is
  • The build doesn't look good, especially from the sides. The inside isn't decorated. The best looking part of the build is viewing the front of the building from outside.
Suggestions:
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, ladder jumps) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors. Use the size and height of these blocks to create unique and interesting parkour instead of boring regular jumps.
  • Use more block variation in your builds. Add depth to the walls of your builds. Decorate the interior of any area the player enters.
  • Pick a theme that is clear and unique.
If I’m honest I get what u are trying to say but I do not agree I have tested this map on many people in which all said the parkour was good I get the build isn’t too great but normally if the parkour is fine everything should be good in all fairness I disagree with ur feedback

Ps u also copy and pasted most of what u put

This is my opinion but I disagree

I get what u mean by the build tho

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
If I’m honest I get what u are trying to say but I do not agree I have tested this map on many people in which all said the parkour was good I get the build isn’t too great but normally if the parkour is fine everything should be good in all fairness I disagree with ur feedback

Ps u also copy and pasted most of what u put

This is my opinion but I disagree

I get what u mean by the build tho
A good build and theme are just as important as good parkour.

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I'm trying to offer genuine criticism. I copied most of the things I said because the new map had most of the same issues that the old map did. I can tell you like making maps, which is great, but this one doesn't work, unfortunately. Please consider taking my criticisms seriously.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello microgear,

Unfortunately I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, there are a few maps that feature water as it's theme, but none exactly like this. The build looks a bit messy, I would suggest trying to add a bit more shape and definition to the build, as well as using multiple blocks, rather than just lapis.
The parkour isn't bad. It does feel repetitive at times since some sections were just normal blocks, but there is some variety.
It did get quite confusing at parts, I would suggest trying to create a clearer path for your parkour, since it can get confusing having jumps change direction so often.
The length is a bit long for an easy map. Some of the jumps suit an easy, and some suit a medium.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.