Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
or they could have simpler rules than what I suggested and make easy moderation
We do have simple rules that make it easy for us to moderate .... these being, AFK mining / any macros which automate tasks (excluding chat macros), are not allowed on ManaCube.

I don’t see how it can get simpler? - of course AFK mining would be much easier for players, but that’s like saying “Using kill aura would be much easier for PvP” ... of course it will, but it’s not allowed, as it grants an unfair advantage.

At the end of the day - this isn’t something that is subject to change any time soon, and I very strongly doubt macros will be allowed at any point in the near future, if at all. If you feel you’re unable to follow our server rules, again, no one is forcing you to play. <3

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
no one is forcing you to play. <3
From what I read of what you said, it seems like you didn't read all of my message. And kind of feels like you are annoyed and inviting me to leave the network.
This thread was to see if people think it should be allowed. And to discuss why it isn't and why it should be. I am not saying anyone should do it at the moment.
The part you quoted was referring to the rules I suggested for a possible solution to make afk mining allowed.
We all know it is currently not allowed.
Also the part with "kill aura". This is not comparable to auto mining in this scenario because auto mining can be made a part of default Minecraft by changing some settings. Kill aura has to be installed as an addition. And as I have explained twice now, mining the way new players would do not give an advantage.
dun
EEEEEE

Ratings
As Hallow explained above, there really is no need to afk automine/grind. It would give the players who did an unfair advantage.
Allowing AFK mining on the server is like /give all 64 freedom, not like /give NateD1215 64 diamonds.
How is something unfair if everyone has access to it? (Correct Answer), Its not.
Because, like I have clearly stated before, it is default to the game.

Therefore, the argument that AFK mining is unfair is mute.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Allowing AFK mining on the server is like /give all 64 freedom, not like /give NateD1215 64 diamonds.
How is something unfair if everyone has access to it? (Correct Answer), Its not.
Because, like I have clearly stated before, it is default to the game.

Therefore, the argument that AFK mining is unfair is mute.
The argument that "everyone has it" is invalid. Everyone has access to hacks, but people choose not to use them because it is bannable. It's doesn't matter if it is part of the game, you're playing on Manacube. Some of the default parts of Minecraft are not allowed besides auto-mining.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I certainly read your message, @SSM_GOD however I felt you saying you had homework to do a tad unrelated to the discussion, so felt it was appropriate to leave that part out.

This thread was to see if people think it should be allowed.
Based on the title of the thread, and the thread creator’s first question, this is what I’m personally answering, as well as sharing my own opinions as to why it shouldn’t be allowed - If people can argue for, people are also certainly allowed to argue against.

I’m very much aware what I quoted, however I was pointing out the fact that we currently do have very simple and fair rules regarding macros, which most players seem to accept without any issues - I’m certainly not telling you not to play ManaCube, but if you personally believe you cannot follow our rules, or are truly unhappy with our policy on Macros, I’m saying you’re more than welcome to find another server that does allow it, as we likely won’t change our rules on them any time in the near future.

Referring to what you said about hacks/macros not being comparable, I’d just like to point out that you said the user needs to download and install hacks - meaning it’s not a default option within Minecraft, and the user has to physically do something to be able to use the client ... but the same goes for Macros? The user has to physically make changes/create and set keybinds in order for them to use it.

It is of course great to hear players opinions on how the server could improve, however our rules aren’t really up for the players to decide. The current system we have, I believe, works perfectly - and I personally see no benefit in allowing players to use macros.

Have a nice day/night!

BlackPTNL

PATRON+
BlackPTNL
BlackPTNL
ELITE
Ratings
I just think is unfair for the people that do take time to mine and its still a glitch or hackclient .
But if you say its a default minecraft bind then its up too the mods/Admins/Owner to say if its allowed.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
@Hallowqueen
When I said I had homework it was just to give the reason why I didn't expand on the ways to develop a system to check for my suggestions. I thought that would be evident by the briefness of that post.
Regardless, I still believe that any feature possible with default Minecraft shouldn't be punishable, with the exception of glitches. You don't need to download any outside source to hold a button down. This is the point I was trying to get to.
It's these kinds of discussions that staff and developers see and use as inspiration to make the game more fun. I'd rather play on Manacube and not like one rule in particular than play on another server.

Q: What do you call a guy with a rubber toe?
A: Roberto

EEEEEE

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
@Hallowqueen
When I said I had homework it was just to give the reason why I didn't expand on the ways to develop a system to check for my suggestions. I thought that would be evident by the briefness of that post.
Regardless, I still believe that any feature possible with default Minecraft shouldn't be punishable, with the exception of glitches. You don't need to download any outside source to hold a button down. This is the point I was trying to get to.
It's these kinds of discussions that staff and developers see and use as inspiration to make the game more fun. I'd rather play on Manacube and not like one rule in particular than play on another server.

Q: What do you call a guy with a rubber toe?
A: Roberto

EEEEEE
Technically speaking, within the limitations of Minecraft and no other plugins/mods needed, you can also:
  • Get coordinates of all players loaded on your client, effectively using tracers
  • Search for any files on a players PC, invading their privacy
  • Phase through blocks
  • Click 100 times in a second
And there's a lot more, I'm sure, that's just off the top of my head. Now of course, none of these are good things to do, but they all can be done easily with just a copy of vanilla Minecraft (for the second one, you'd need console access). Yet, still, servers put protections in against these.
I see no reason why AFK mining should be treated any differently; the unfair advantage is that with 10 seconds of setup you can progress without any work or care for hours on end.
Not only that, but allowing AFK mining would encourage the use of macros for this very purpose, and inevitably these macros would start being used for other, disallowed purposes. I've seen it happen on Skyblock servers time and time again.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Phase through blocks
Some of the things you have listed are glitches. And I specifically said, "with the exception of glitches". Some of the other things you listed are done with things outside of vanilla Minecraft. You can't get player coordinates or players files without console access. So normal players wouldn't have access to these with or without auto mining. Phasing through blocks is a glitch unless in spectator mode which is not auto mining. If a player was to hack an account and make use of these abilities, they would do that regardless of the rules.
Minecraft has a limit of how many clicks it can register per second and 100 is way out of its limit.
You don't need to change any settings for auto mining. Just have a button held down.
Holding down a button in no way promotes the use of macros. And this thread is still only talking about auto mining, no other purposes for afking or use of macros.
Auto mining is not a macro.

Did you read the joke at the end though?
EEEEEE

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Some of the things you have listed are glitches. And I specifically said, "with the exception of glitches". Some of the other things you listed are done with things outside of vanilla Minecraft. You can't get player coordinates or players files without console access. So normal players wouldn't have access to these with or without auto mining. Phasing through blocks is a glitch unless in spectator mode which is not auto mining. If a player was to hack an account and make use of these abilities, they would do that regardless of the rules.
Minecraft has a limit of how many clicks it can register per second and 100 is way out of its limit.
You don't need to change any settings for auto mining. Just have a button held down.
Holding down a button in no way promotes the use of macros. And this thread is still only talking about auto mining, no other purposes for afking or use of macros.
Auto mining is not a macro.

Did you read the joke at the end though?
EEEEEE
I'm not saying they are auto-mining, I'm saying they're in vanilla like auto-mining. Phasing is a glitch, true, and I forgot what you said about the glitches. However, Minecraft can register 100 CPS, although it will limit it to 20 CPS on the servers end; that still gives a massive advantage.
Auto mining and macros have always been mentioned together in servers where they are disallowed that I've seen, and it's because as soon as you say that people can AFK mine without repercussion, they realize "Hey, macros are easier than putting a weight on my mouse/keyboard and there's no way for them to tell!"

P.S, I did read the joke. My dad told me it a year or two ago. :$

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Even though getting players coordinates and getting files from other computers are technically in vanilla Minecraft (not really though because you need plugins or programs to use them, and then taking or looking into files that aren't yours is not only illegal but Minecraft and server hosts have restrictions to stop this), these don't affect auto mining. I think you took the 'available to default Minecraft' part a little too radically.
Clicking speed also doesn't affect auto mining due to that you need to hold the brake button. Macros could only be used for this the same way as if you but a weight on a button. And moving your mouse onto your space bar is easier than downloading macros. But also with some of the regulatory rules I have recommended above, we can reduce the effect to the limit that new players would need to use auto mining for. After that point, there is no reason to really mine.
I understand why auto mine and macros could be called similar, but auto mining by holding a button down is available to everyone and is a normal part of normal Minecraft.
Also, ctrl + v is a macro. So when pasting something in the chat with that you are technically breaking the rules.

Q: Did you hear about the Italian chef who died?
A: He pasta way.

EEEEEE

Ratings
There is a fine line between slaying that pesky fly in your living-room and straight up murder.
Auto-mining is not hacking. I am just getting some cobble, not seeing through walls and killing people from several blocks away.

And about all that trouble, such needless effort, to just... just press that one... button... that you have to... lift up that mouse for?
Well here's this;

I choose to bind my left-click to alt, but really you can just weigh down your mouse button. Easy, Simple, WOW!

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
There is a fine line between slaying that pesky fly in your living-room and straight up murder.
Auto-mining is not hacking. I am just getting some cobble, not seeing through walls and killing people from several blocks away.

And about all that trouble, such needless effort, to just... just press that one... button... that you have to... lift up that mouse for?
Well here's this;

I choose to bind my left-click to alt, but really you can just weigh down your mouse button. Easy, Simple, WOW!
Either way, as Hallow said, AFK clicking/macros/mining isn't going to be legal anytime soon. Whatever the staff team says, the players have to follow.

Ratings
Either way, as Hallow said, AFK clicking/macros/mining isn't going to be legal anytime soon. Whatever the staff team says, the players have to follow.
Psst... Hey, WingsOfFire17. Wanna be apart of a group of cool kids that like making minecraft servers the most funnest thing in the world?

Be a cool kid, join our "activist" group for freedom, and "Make Mining Great Again".

You say that staff is not changing anytime soon... Well, let's make that change. Together we can make a difference.
Vote Yes in the poll and on the suggestions page for Enabling AFK mining.

Thank you, stay strong,, mine cobble (no ores), and always use cobblestone pickaxes (fancy enchanted diamond ones will break anyway when AFK mining (mending doesn't help)).

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Psst... Hey, WingsOfFire17. Wanna be apart of a group of cool kids that like making minecraft servers the most funnest thing in the world?

Be a cool kid, join our "activist" group for freedom, and "Make Mining Great Again".

You say that staff is not changing anytime soon... Well, let's make that change. Together we can make a difference.
Vote Yes in the poll and on the suggestions page for Enabling AFK mining.

Thank you, stay strong,, mine cobble (no ores), and always use cobblestone pickaxes (fancy enchanted diamond ones will break anyway when AFK mining (mending doesn't help)).
Nah, I think I'll pass. I prefer doing real work to help me progress farther.

Ratings
Nah, I think I'll pass. I prefer doing real work to help me progress farther.
Oh yeah, you're a donor. You don't need to mine cobble, you can just buy it.

However, I choose not to waste my material money on non-material stuff.
Many others are that way too, and there are way more of them than donors.
This means that the far greater majority would benefit from AFK mining.

Are you sure you don't want to be that cool kid who made countless others' minecraft experience more better?
Are you content with this? (No, you're not).

Be cool, stay in school, up-vote my "Enable AFK mining" suggestion and vote yes to my poll above.
(Dude, just be cool).

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Oh yeah, you're a donor. You don't need to mine cobble, you can just buy it.

However, I choose not to waste my material money on non-material stuff.
Many others are that way too, and there are way more of them than donors.
This means that the far greater majority would benefit from AFK mining.

Are you sure you don't want to be that cool kid who made countless others' minecraft experience more better?
Are you content with this? (No, you're not).

Be cool, stay in school, up-vote my "Enable AFK mining" suggestion and vote yes to my poll above.
(Dude, just be cool).
I started off on Skyblock without a donor rank. Believe me, its really not needed. Nah, like I said before, I'm good.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
@NateD1215 I've only played on this server a short while and whilst I agree there are significant perks to being a donor it is not required to play and be a pillar of the community be it Aztec Survival or Parkour. I can see you've been having a significant debate with Wings, however I was wondering why you required so much cobblestone and if you do or rather stone I am happy to help you either mine it or purchase it for you as I am a part-time player on Aztec!!
I might add in to this that having an argument on Minecraft forums of all things really is a futile use of your time guys either use it to play or don't play but being inherently negative to each other (not suggesting anyone is at fault whatsoever) is just not a fun time for anyone!

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
As many others have stated I feel that afk mining is bannable because your basically acheiving stuff on your island while your not even there. I feel like all the people who grind legit would be annoyed by the fact that they’re being beaten by someone who’s most likely asleep.
- TheProTroller

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
As many others have stated I feel that afk mining is bannable because your basically acheiving stuff on your island while your not even there.
Then what's the difference of afking an ig farm? You're achieving stuff without being on, and a lot more than cobble mining. So why shouldn't minimally prosperous afk mining be allowed?