Reviewing WinterChains - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by WinterChains, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinterChains

WinterChains Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 1
    Your Minecraft username
    WinterChains

What server are you applying for
    Survival

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Emily

Country or Timezone
    United States of America, PST

Discord username WinterChains#1131

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    I would be delighted to become staff on this server for many reasons. First of all, when I first joined the survival server I was greeted by the mods and many users on here, and that made me feel very welcome. The moderators on Survival inspire me so much by how they help out with issues and how they handle the situation in such a calm manner. Moreover, I would love to be staff on here since this is an amazing community that should always be kind towards the newbies joining, and I would like to be one of those people. Even though there are quite a few mods for survival, most of the time there aren’t enough online at all times. I’ve experienced this issue first hand and so have many others, and I know I would be able to help out.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I have played for roughly a week or two and I have played 52 hours on Survival at the time of writing this.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    I can dedicate 7-9+ hours on Survival due to the summer, and 5-6+ hours in the school year.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    I feel like the most important skill I have to offer for the server would be my helpfulness and patience. I can handle pretty much any situation, whether it’s griefing, stealing, or straight up bullying, due to my total patience with users. I am also extremely considerate and can handle issues with a good attitude. Another skill of mine is being extremely dedicated to my work and friends, if someone is missing something I won’t hesitate to look into it and figure out what really happened and why. I know quite a bit about Survival and special rules the server has and why they are in place so I could easily help out with issues or questions. Last but not least, I greet any person who approaches me with full attention and full willingness to here both sides of the argument, this is very important when dealing with fighting users so having more people who do this in the server is very crucial.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I’ve had many, many experiences with being apart of a staff team for minecraft servers. Sadly most of the people from these server’s and I, do not keep in contact due to a falling out and lack of connection. Although, I have been a Co-owner for a remotely big server known as Kidzzone on Minecraft Pocket Edition, and a moderator on an internet friend’s server. They both were very good experiences and were the ones that stick out the most in my memories, unlike the other’s since it was me managing my own servers that people lost interest in within a few months. On the server’s that I was greatly involved in I had easily become close friends with many of the users there and I still am on amazing terms with two of them currently. I’ve also been a moderator on an amino for Roblox (yes I know, Roblox), and I learned how to properly deal with fighting users and users who break the rules. In general, I’ve had quite a bit of staff experience, whether on aminos or minecraft servers.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    1) First of all, I am very very dedicated. When I find something I like or I enjoy, I will stick to it for months or even years at time. Two of these things are minecraft servers and staff teams.
    2) I am a veteran player of minecraft. I can roughly say I started playing this wonderful game back in 2012-2013 around the time when it came out, so I basically know this game inside and out. I would easily be able to answer questions with confidence.
    3.) I have read all the in-game rules and forum rules and i understand the rules and punishment guidelines.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    I personally believe that the role of a staff member is to be kind and helpful. When I see a staff member in ManaCube or in any other staff team, I look at them as a confident person who can accommodate towards any users needs.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, I use Quicktime Player and Final Cut Pro to edit youtube videos so I do have a recording software and editor.

Anything else we should know?
    I have a small youtube channel where I occasionally live stream in ManaCube and other minecraft servers.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

• Like Like x 2
  2. PancakezRule5

VIP+

Ratings:
    +157 / 23
    Your application looks really good!, because of that I would have a +1, but there is one thing, I have not seen you talk in chat. Talking in chat shows me that you are helpful and nice towards players.

So I am going to give you a +0, Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. WinterChains

WinterChains Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 1
    Oof thanks! :D Sorry but I haven't seen you in game either so there is a chance we have different gaming periods xd

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  4. PancakezRule5

VIP+

Ratings:
    +157 / 23
    Well you are actually 1 hour behind me, meaning I will see you a lot, but I have been on all day also :p (Just some afking)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. SleepyDiva

SleepyDiva Forum Master

Ratings:
    +97 / 5
    Hi there,
    First of all, you have met the majority of the requirements, but you are still missing one (20 forum posts), so I will leave a link here so you can check over them: https://forums.manacube.com/threads/new-application-info-requirements-need-to-know.10605/
    Moreover, this is a great application in my opinion, you have put a lot of detail and effort into this which most members who apply do not. Although I do not go on Survival, you seem like a very mature and friendly person, and the fact that you have been staff on multiple servers before can help you understand what to do in situations that staff members may face. The fact that you can dedicate 7-9+ hours per day can really help the community and the staff in general. However,
    you have only played on ManaCube for 1 week which is slightly concerning, but nevertheless this is a pretty good application.
    I am going to give this application a +1 , and I hope to see you part of the staff team in the near future.
    Good luck! :)

6. sweetener

sweetener Forum Master

Ratings:
    +199 / 10
    +1

7. HonigBiene

HonigBiene Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 3
    +1

8. KiteBetter

KiteBetter Active Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 15
    +1 Very nice app. I hope i see you on the staff team ^_^

• Fabulous Fabulous x 1
  9. WinterChains

WinterChains Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 1
    Thank you! :>

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. skijwolker

skijwolker Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 4
    looks good :D
    +1

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hai Wazzup Ducks

Hai Wazzup Ducks New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    +1 Looks like an amazing application! I wish you luck~

12. ~3G

~3G Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    "used grammerly, like I did in my app"

:confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. WinterChains

WinterChains Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 1
    LMAO GG

also I love that tank
    legit give me it

[​IMG]

14. SunsetMagic

SunsetMagic Network Manager
    Manager MVP+ VIP+ VIP Helper Management QA Team

Ratings:
    +682 / 21
    SunsetMagic
    Hello Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Sunset#3438], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
    Sunset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.