Rejected Woodlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time submitting a map. Please enjoy!
Theme: Rustic
Creator: r0xxel
Teleport: /plot tp r0xxel
Difficulty: Expert
Info: 34 jumps, 5 checkpoins and 1 skip. Contains a few sneaky neos.
2020-03-21_17.30.21.png

2020-03-21_17.30.54.png

2020-03-21_17.31.13.png

2020-03-21_17.39.11.png

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
34 jumps is very very short for an Expert!
Make sure you check out the Map Submission Guideline forum post -> here !

Good Luck otherwise
Cam

I didn't want to put it at either easy/medium because the jumps aren't necessarily simple.
Would this map fit into hard difficulty?

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
I didn't want to put it at either easy/medium because the jumps aren't necessarily simple.
Would this map fit into hard difficulty?
I’d say yes to hard if you nerf a bit and add a tad more jumps! If you are having trouble with which jumps I’ll help you out when I get home from work (roughly 7hrs from now) :)

if you nerf a bit and add a tad more jumps!
I have decided to amp it up after some brainstorming. I'll keep the complexity the same and size the map up. Don't know how long I will take but I'll try to post some screenshots here.

Quick update:: 48 jumps and 8 checkpoints
2020-03-21_21.28.59.png

Still planning on adding quite a few more jumps, maybe reaching 80 something jumps.

I present to you the most recent addition to Woodlands. I call it the rox curve
ezgif-3-e7a3f602c87e.gif

I spent over an hour trying to land this, but dont worry I'll add trapdoors to the sides of the block to make it easier.

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
I present to you the most recent addition to Woodlands. I call it the rox curve View attachment 24160

I spent over an hour trying to land this, but dont worry I'll add trapdoors to the sides of the block to make it easier.
That’s a jump for leythis

Ratings
First time submitting a map. Please enjoy!
Theme: Rustic
Creator: r0xxel
Teleport: /plot tp r0xxel
Difficulty: Expert
Info: 34 jumps, 5 checkpoins and 1 skip. Contains a few sneaky neos.
Even though the parkour you made is actually pretty fun to play through, its not really varied as its just abunch of neos at some parts, Also, ur parkour is basically just floating. if you want to have ur map accepted you need to make a main theme and make a build with the theme. Than you should somewhat connect the parkour with ur main build. Try to think of a theme thats original, than spend some time building it! overall the parkour is well designed but not well varied. and for these reasons i rate it
-.5 (i dont count for judgement but my words are still valid)

Would a mansion count as a theme? Like if I made the inside of a mansion but without floor so it keeps the void and decorated the inside walls and rooms.

Could you also clarify how rating works? What's a 0 or a -0.5 in a 0-100 scale?

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
Would a mansion count as a theme? Like if I made the inside of a mansion but without floor so it keeps the void and decorated the inside walls and rooms.

Could you also clarify how rating works? What's a 0 or a -0.5 in a 0-100 scale?
Yes this would be a valid way of making it an acceptable map. Although you must check the map list Here, to see if this is a unique idea and check the map formatting information Here.

Last edited:

Samanthaa_x

Forum Expert
ELITE
Samanthaa_x
Samanthaa_x
ELITE
Ratings
231 5
Its a good theme idea and the parkour itself doesnt look too bad, but it just doesnt have a main build to it and has too many floating jumps which are normally not accepted!! id -0.5

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
The scale usually goes -1 to 1 for map submissions. The issue with the Mansion idea is that on the Map List that JumbledJ linked above there are a lot of Mansion themed maps, so to make another one wouldn’t have great chances of being accepted on the front of the theme being repetitive. By the way, while I am a Parkour Mod, I am not a map judge so take my opinion as that of a player rather than a moderator.

There's an expert map I currently can't view named mansion. Is there any map of your knowledge with a similar theme to this
maxresdefault.jpg

Probably not going to build anything else on the course; time to decorate! 98 jumps and 15 checkpoints in total.
2020-03-23_01.46.15.png

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello r0xxel,

I am sorry to inform you that this course is being rejected. The build isn't exactly clear. It doesn't really give off a "woodlands" vibe. The build could also be improved along with the theme. We tend to look for course with builds that are intricate (or simple if that's what you're going for!) and accurately represent their theme. The theme of a course has to be original or at least mostly original. If it is not original, your build and parkour have to be extremely well done in order for the course to get accepted. The parkour isn't very fun to do. It also isn't very varied since it is mostly neos. There are also quite a few skips I did on accident and some impossible jumps. Overall, the build needs improvement, the theme needs clarification, and the parkour would need fixing.

Thank you for submitting this map! :)
If you have any questions, you may DM me on here, in game, or on discord! :D

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.