Zoviet - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Zoviet, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Zoviet

MVP

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Your Minecraft username
    Zoviet

What server are you applying for
    Survival

---------------------------------------------

First Name
    Connor

Country or Timezone
    United States, Eastern Standard

Discord username Zoviet#6088

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
    I've been playing on ManaCube for about three years now. I've really become familiar with the server, as well as how it works and runs. I know what everybody expects of you as a community member, as well as the role of a staff member. I've invested so much time into the server as a member, and during that time I've seen countless people require help, as the server is large and has many interesting features. I used to be one of those players when mine vast was out, and I was always so thankful to those who helped. Especially if they were just players, trying to make a difference. I've always made sure to be friendly and help out in chat, but today I've decided to attempt to take it a step further. I want to help out even more. I want players to feel the same I did when I was helped and guided to the server. I want to make sure people get the right impression, and have an amazing time on ManaCube. I love to help people. Now I know that sounds like every person applying here but I really do get joy from helping people out. Since I've been playing for quite a while now and understand everything, it would be perfect that I have the opportunity to help players more, and stop the rule breakers from taking over the server. I have the most experience with creative and survival, as I have spent countless time on them. I aspire to help people, things and everything else a server is involved in. I personally hate spammers or hackers, as they flood the chat and ruin the concept of the game for everybody. A server with hackers will definitely ruin things for players and I aspire to help keep everybody happy and calm. I also understand what it is like to be an owner or admin, and you already have so much to work on with upcoming projects and everything. Nobody would want to have the owners answer some of the smaller questions that could distract them from work, and that is why I think it's essential for a staff team with experienced and well-informed moderators/helpers.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
    I've been playing Manacube for quite some time now, I would say about three years.

How many hours can you dedicate to ManaCube?
    I've dedicated so many hours to a few of the gamemodes here, during school and out. I can dedicate about four good hours a day, however usually I seem to find time to slip in and get more time in.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
    I have picked up multiple skills over the time of playing minecraft that could really make me an efficient, effective, and outstanding staff member. I'm very good at managing time and being organized. If I'm given tasks to do from players or other staff members, I write them down and make sure to organize and plan how I'm going to do this. This allows me to get things done as soon as they need to be, and make sure everybody is helped or satisfied. I've also become a very fast learner, and that is why I think I would be very helpful as a staff member. Manacube has lots of quirks and amazing features, however, it does take some time to learn. Over my time here, I've learned and mastered all of these things, so I would be able to help almost every player who needs it. Not to mention, I'm a very fast typer, which helps because I know how much players sometimes hate waiting.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
    I've been staff on multiple previous servers, however, they were never quite as big as manacube. I've mentioned my ability to learn quickly, and that's why I think I'll be just fine working on a server this large. I've been anywhere from helper to admin, and have taken on lots of large tasks. These can vary from simply helping the players out to configuring plugins and settings things up. Because of this large variance of experience, I feel I could be really useful and effective as a staff member here. For IRL experiences, I would say taking care of my brothers and cousins. In my school, you are required to take a babysitting class, where you learn to deal and be patient with children you are babysitting. You learn to help and take care whoever you are caring for. I'm not saying staff babysit the children per say, but the skills required to both jobs are very similar, and I think I have them.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
    For one, most players do not have the patience I do. My younger brother has special needs, and over time I have really learned to be patient and understanding of everybody. This is also why I don't accept when players bully or harass others, because not only is it wrong, but if somebody did it to my brother I would be upset, and angry. Another attribute I have is being very creative, and always thinking of ways to deal with situations or things to add to servers. Most players don't think like I do, and some of my ideas can be different or unique, while still getting the job done. In school during one of my robotics classes, the robot I built had stopped doing its task and I needed a way to fix it quickly before the competition was over. Very quickly I was able to think and I twerked with the robot and the situation was dealt with. Creativeness like this could be useful for being a staff member because not all questions or problems are the same, and you can always handle them the same way. Being creative will help me overcome any obstacles stopping me from helping. My third attribute is my determination and hard work. Whenever something doesn't work out or doesn't make sense to me, I don't call quits and say I'm done. I use my creativeness and determination to help get the task done. I'm very persistent, and I don't give up easily. I mostly got this skill from math during middle school. I was struggling in my advanced courses, but I didn't want to get pushed back. I kept working hard and passed the course. Similar to if I would run into any difficult problems in the game.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
    The role of a staff member doesn't just have a power title, I believe it's to show you care. Not just caring about impressing the owners and getting power, but about really caring about the community and helping people. It's about making good impressions to newer players by helping them out and maybe giving them a tour or general information. It means your taking a step up from just a normal player, and showing you are willing to dedicate more time to the community.

Are you able to use recording software?
    Yes, I have a few incase something goes wrong.

Anything else we should know?
    You may notice that I was active only a few hours a day to none in June, and that is because of my regents. If you do not know what that is, it's a test required in New York State for passing an advanced course. I had three, as well as plenty of finals, spread all throughout June. I decided it would be best if I took some personal time to study and get myself to pass the test. They finished recently, and I did well on all of the tests. Now I'm making up for time missed!

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
    Yes

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. WilboShakespeare

WilboShakespeare Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 8
    +1 lots of detail

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Drakey

Build Team Leader Build Team QA Team

Ratings:
    +283 / 39
    considering you were nonstop spamming the chat with the entire russian national anthem the other day id say probably -1

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Zoviet

MVP

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I posted two or three lines because people were talking about it and the lines I showed proved them otherwise but fair enough I guess.

5. Pholus

Pholus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    An outstanding amount of detail, you explained and proved your point that you are worthy of a position as a staff member although the national anthem thing stated by Drakey could cause some problems but shouldn't overall. Great application and after evaluating your application a bit more in total I would like to say this application is a solid 8.5/10 which is quite good overall. Any-who this shows you quite a lot that you deserve the staff position you are applying for on Manacube. +1

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. KiteBetter

KiteBetter Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 16
    Hi there! First off I will give this application a hugee +1 for a number of reasons. You have met all of the requirements as most players who apply for staff do not. Your application has alot of detail in it and moreover i can see that you spend alot of time working on it. Furthermore I can see that you understand the importance of this role and although I dont play survival, I believe you would be great as a staff member!